Samsung to update the Galaxy Note directly to Android 4.1.2

Search This thread

mjrifath

May 13, 2012
Colombo
Guys!

Good News From Sammy website..

@Samsung
According to a movie floating around on Youtube Samsung will update the Galaxy Note directly to Android 4.1.2.
The Galaxy Note Below uses firmware version N7000XXLS7. The firmware is based on Android 4.1.2 and includes the new Touch-wiz interface called Nature-UX.
Samsung even added an icon of the multi-window feature at the notification bar!

Lets hope the update is close!:laugh:

Check the Youtube Video here..
HTML:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=w5Z67eFE-EM

:good:

qazibasit

Mar 24, 2012
Finally.... Cant wait to have that rom. Ics was the first major blast on the galaxy note and now the jelly bean will rock it. Counting days to get the update.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

shamalh

Oct 4, 2011
Joburg
That's nice... But am I the only one that thinks no 4.2 for the Note and S2? Is this our good bye present from Korea? :confused:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I use to be like that...sitting on pins & needles to flash a new rom, that thrill that would run up your leg LOL.
Now, my phone with stock ICS works great, smooth, no lock ups.
Phones are like toasters to me....functional.
I DO APPRECIATE all the people out there on the bleeding edge, making the upgrade process smoother for old
farts like me that stay stock though :good:

ssbgmiki

Oct 26, 2012
So it's come to all note user no matter which country?

mjrifath

May 13, 2012
Colombo
@SamMobile Confirmed that XXLS7 is real.

Check out the Twittes guys..

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 3,591
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 3,517
Last edited:

djoni_gitara

Apr 9, 2012
Slavonski Brod - Zagreb
youtu.be
ok, is there someone who can translate this for us? google translate is ok for the first part (he have a life, and he is using his phone normaly in comparison to us flashoholic on xda) but last part is difficult to understandd (something about verifying, stuck, samsung, morning, insult wtf :confused:) and I dont get it...

thanks in advance

"reqdi a écrit:
Bonjour a tous
Je viens vous faire un petit topo rapide
Comme beaucoup de monde je pense que ma videos a convaincu,maintenant reste plus qu'a l'extrere.
Je vous demande juste d'etre patient car comme presiser sur la video,je ne suis pas expert en se domaine.
Et comme de nombreuse personne j'ai aussi une vie avec des enfants et je ne peut passer tous mon temps sur mon téléphone.
J'ai recu de nombreuse proposition,notament du fondateur de sammobile.
Je vais donc le recontacter pour voir avec eux les solution qui serai envisageable et bien etendu dans la limites des risque pour mon appareil.
N'etant pas rooter,je doute que le roote pour la 4.1.1 fonctionne voir creer un brick,ce que je ne souhaite pas.
Pour les excuse je confirme que je n'eu aucune insulte,seulement des doutes et je le comprend tres bien.
Derniere chose a priori samsung a du en entendre parler car depuis ce matin impossible de verifier les mise a jour,ils ont du les bloqué pour ne pas que j'y accede .
Je vous tiens au courant des prochaine info que je pourrais avoir.
Merci a tous pour votre patience et votre compreention"

hplolman

Apr 19, 2012
ok, is there someone who can translate this for us? google translate is ok for the first part (he have a life, and he is using his phone normaly in comparison to us flashoholic on xda) but last part is difficult to understandd (something about verifying, stuck, samsung, morning, insult wtf :confused:) and I dont get it...

thanks in advance

"reqdi a écrit:
Bonjour a tous
Comme beaucoup de monde je pense que ma videos a convaincu,maintenant reste plus qu'a l'extrere.
Je vous demande juste d'etre patient car comme presiser sur la video,je ne suis pas expert en se domaine.
Et comme de nombreuse personne j'ai aussi une vie avec des enfants et je ne peut passer tous mon temps sur mon téléphone.
Je vais donc le recontacter pour voir avec eux les solution qui serai envisageable et bien etendu dans la limites des risque pour mon appareil.
N'etant pas rooter,je doute que le roote pour la 4.1.1 fonctionne voir creer un brick,ce que je ne souhaite pas.
Pour les excuse je confirme que je n'eu aucune insulte,seulement des doutes et je le comprend tres bien.
Derniere chose a priori samsung a du en entendre parler car depuis ce matin impossible de verifier les mise a jour,ils ont du les bloqué pour ne pas que j'y accede .

"Hello to everyone
I'm here to give some fresh news.
Like many people, i think my video convince you, now it just need to be share (extracted in the post)
I'm asking you to be patient, because like said in the video i'm not expert in this ariea.
and like many people i got a life with kids and i can't allow my phone to take me all the time i have.
I receive many proposition, from sammobile too.
I'm coming to contact them back to see which solution can be approched, and of course without putting at risk my device.
I'm not root, and I'm not thinking that 4.1.1 root will be fonctionnal, it may brick my device, what i don't want.
For the excuse i confirm that no one insult me, only doubts and i understand that.
Last thing, it seems like samsung have heard about the story because they locked my updates, so i can't check them anymore (seems to be lock).
I will let you know of any new information i can get.
Thanks to everyone for your patience and understanding."

Not really good at translating but that will do it.. :)

Last edited:

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
for a minute I thought you were actually talking about it and later to realize it was the translation

eybee1970

Jan 22, 2010
"Hello to everyone
Like many people, i think my video convince you, now it just need to be share (extracted in the post)
I'm asking you to be patient, because like said in the video i'm not expert in this ariea.
and like many people i got a life with kids and i can't allow my phone to take me all the time i have.
I'm coming to contact them back to see which solution can be approched, and of course without putting at risk my device.
I'm not root, and I'm not thinking that 4.1.1 root will be fonctionnal, it may brick my device, what i don't want.
For the excuse i confirm that no one insult me, only doubts and i understand that.
Last thing, it seems like samsung have heard about the story because they locked my updates, so i can't check them anymore (seems to be lock).

maybe someone native speaking Frecnh can tell this guy, it is absolutely BRICKFREE to root the device with this method: [20 Sep 2012][ICS]Universal Rooting for most ICS phones, Any ROM, now with CWM6

• Put the previously downloaded cwm-non-touch-6.0.x.x-i9100.zip file on your external sd card

• Copy the Root_XXX.zip file you downloaded to internal or external sd card

• Boot into stock recovery (volume up+home+power), and select "apply update from external storage". Now select the cwm-non-touch-6.x.x.x-i9100.zip file you copied in previous step (this step gives a temporary flash that will disappear after reboot)

• You get CWM recovery interface (this custom recovery is temporary, not permanent)

• Inside CWM, select "install zip from sdcard". Then, select "choose zip from sdcard". Now, scroll down to the "Root_XXX.zip" file and hit power button to install it.

• It will add SuperSU or Superuser last version apk to system/app, last superuser binary (su) to system/xbin and busybox last version to system/xbin, all with correct file permissions.

• Reboot and you get permanent root + busybox installed on your stock kernel.
(He can unroot his device easily afterwards - also described in phils thread!!!)

Afterwards he can do a nandroid backup or (maybe even better fro him) this: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25328650&postcount=1 on a running device!!!

I can guide him though every step - and there is NO RISK at all!!!

-

Last edited:

jean2323

Sep 29, 2010
I think he said he was contacted by the guys from samfirmware wand that they will help him get the
rom ... we'll just have to wait :)

qazibasit

Mar 24, 2012
Damn why note is always left behind. Why its not yet ready? Sammy u should post and push it no matter how much it is completed. U can complete it later on with another minor update.

scorpion100

Jun 28, 2010
Damn why note is always left behind. Why its not yet ready? Sammy u should post and push it no matter how much it is completed. U can complete it later on with another minor update.

mate your are in xda developers website, i guess your talking to samsung here

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys!

Good News From Sammy website..

@Samsung
    According to a movie floating around on Youtube Samsung will update the Galaxy Note directly to Android 4.1.2.
    The Galaxy Note Below uses firmware version N7000XXLS7. The firmware is based on Android 4.1.2 and includes the new Touch-wiz interface called Nature-UX.
    Samsung even added an icon of the multi-window feature at the notification bar!

Lets hope the update is close!:laugh:

Check the Youtube Video here..
    HTML:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=w5Z67eFE-EM

:good:
    "Hello to everyone

maybe someone native speaking Frecnh can tell this guy, it is absolutely BRICKFREE to root the device with this method: [20 Sep 2012][ICS]Universal Rooting for most ICS phones, Any ROM, now with CWM6

• Put the previously downloaded cwm-non-touch-6.0.x.x-i9100.zip file on your external sd card

• Copy the Root_XXX.zip file you downloaded to internal or external sd card

• Boot into stock recovery (volume up+home+power), and select "apply update from external storage". Now select the cwm-non-touch-6.x.x.x-i9100.zip file you copied in previous step (this step gives a temporary flash that will disappear after reboot)

• You get CWM recovery interface (this custom recovery is temporary, not permanent)

• Inside CWM, select "install zip from sdcard". Then, select "choose zip from sdcard". Now, scroll down to the "Root_XXX.zip" file and hit power button to install it.

• It will add SuperSU or Superuser last version apk to system/app, last superuser binary (su) to system/xbin and busybox last version to system/xbin, all with correct file permissions.

• Reboot and you get permanent root + busybox installed on your stock kernel.
    (He can unroot his device easily afterwards - also described in phils thread!!!)

Afterwards he can do a nandroid backup or (maybe even better fro him) this: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25328650&postcount=1 on a running device!!!

I can guide him though every step - and there is NO RISK at all!!!

-

thanks in advance

"reqdi a écrit:
    Bonjour a tous

"Hello to everyone

we are afraid to root

Coming to XDA and afraid to root your Android phone? This is like joining Greenpeace and hate whales.

By the way, flash with Odin does not need root.