Question Samsung Watch 4 - mine and wife dead within a couple weeks

Search This thread

Monty Burns

Mar 11, 2005
Doha
www.stuza.com
Hey All!

Both the wife and I have had our watches inexplicably die in the past couple of weeks. Totally dead. No sign of life on any one of three different chargers where as my Watch 5 works on all of them - they were roughly 14 months old, purchased on US launch date. Holding down the two buttons for well over 30 seconds and nothing. Left on the chargers for well over 12 hours.

Anyone else had theirs die around this age? Any ideas? No Sammy service center near us.

!!As far as I can tell the warranty is 1 year . Talk about designed in obsolescence!!

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Battery failure sounds like. They should be good for at least 200 full charge cycles. wtf?
Even that bare minimum is what it should take them to reduce the capacity to 80% of the original capacity, before they're considered degraded... not stone cold dead.

trveller72

Hey All!

Both the wife and I have had our watches inexplicably die in the past couple of weeks. Totally dead. No sign of life on any one of three different chargers where as my Watch 5 works on all of them - they were roughly 14 months old, purchased on US launch date. Holding down the two buttons for well over 30 seconds and nothing. Left on the chargers for well over 12 hours.

Anyone else had theirs die around this age? Any ideas? No Sammy service center near us.

!!As far as I can tell the warranty is 1 year . Talk about designed in obsolescence!!
Also warranty is 2 years

Reactions: Monty Burns

ubejd

Jul 12, 2008
Gjilan
Further research, warranty is only 2 years in limited countries where as most others are 1 year.

I did buy mine in the UK but, I need to take it to them or get the to come and pick it up. As I now live in the Philippines, that's a challenge!

It's now late here so I'll try ringing a Samsung repair center here tomorrow.
i hope they accept them in your country, samsung has this stupid policy of not holding to their warranty in you bought the device in another country so im afraid you would have to send them where you bought them.

i had a note9 which its display got affected after i got an update from samsung and when i went to a samsung repair store where i live they checked device serial number and saw that it was bought-activated in another country and refused to change my phones display and requested from me to send it there to get the display changed.

Have had the same issue. Just happened to come across this thread. Finally got someone available in chat this afternoon and after fooling with them for an hour I have an appointment at a ubreakifix local to me on Wednesday. Was like pulling nails to get that. They were wanting me to trade up to the Watch 5. I like my watch and for the price of the 4 classic it darn sure should last more than 15 months.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There was an issue with the firmware.
    Contact Samsung support.
    Hey All!

Also warranty is 2 years