Samsung’s Good Lock app is a powerful lockscreen for your Galaxy S7 Edge

Search This thread

089man

Sep 25, 2012
Have install latest build. Works great, but where I found now the toggle quick settings. In settings I can enable quick setting toggle but I don't found or see it. Also the option simcard manager in navbar I don't fount..
Is a special navbar avalaible? Where I found?

Send with S7 Edge SM-G935FD from Munich / Germany

Last edited:

Jul 15, 2011
Road Town - Tortola
I have a glitch. When I set a routine with a dark blue background with white text but the "reply" button text in whatsapp or other notifications stays black (and it's hard to see and ugly as hell). Is there a workaround or do we need to submit a feedback for this?

Sent from my Samsung G935F with Tapatalk 6

feneso

Oct 5, 2013
Brasilia
I've been using this last Goodlock version for a few days now.
Everything is perfect. I am from Brazil, so I'm out of the test regions.
The only issue I have noticed and that is bothering me, is that the Bluetooth and Rotation toggles are always disabled when turning my S7 Edge on every day.
Is there something that can be done??
If not, can someone report it?
Thanks in advance!

robhug

Jun 16, 2016
Lausanne
A weird thing is the icons: in status bar and quick settings it's the stock one but in "new quick settings" (the panel with one swipe ) got Samsung icons , like wifi and data and two different icons style at once is weird. I think all icons should be like in "new quick settings panel" to match with the whole rom, like in settings etc..

Reactions: xPr0metheus

xPr0metheus

Oct 27, 2012
A weird thing is the icons: in status bar and quick settings it's the stock one but in "new quick settings" (the panel with one swipe ) got Samsung icons , like wifi and data and two different icons style at once is weird. I think all icons should be like in "new quick settings panel" to match with the whole rom, like in settings etc..
I would like them all like the stock android icons^^

Gesendet von meinem SM-N930F mit Tapatalk

5taavenida

Aug 26, 2014
Montevideo
I've been using this last Goodlock version for a few days now.
Everything is perfect. I am from Brazil, so I'm out of the test regions.
The only issue I have noticed and that is bothering me, is that the Bluetooth and Rotation toggles are always disabled when turning my S7 Edge on every day.
Is there something that can be done??
If not, can someone report it?
Thanks in advance!
You need to enable the bluetooth and rotation when you create or change a routine, when you set quick settings, wifi and sound are enabled , but bluetooth and rotation , you need to enable it.
:good:

Reactions: feneso

maverick1103

Jun 16, 2011
Kidderminster
I have a glitch. When I set a routine with a dark blue background with white text but the "reply" button text in whatsapp or other notifications stays black (and it's hard to see and ugly as hell). Is there a workaround or do we need to submit a feedback for this?

Sent from my Samsung G935F with Tapatalk 6
I'm having this same problem except with black, I've tried changing the colours around and it makes no difference...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

meyerweb

Jun 19, 2010
Had it installed.
Looks good.
something new to see.
but it sucks up battery life more than the screen.. uninstalled.

Never used more than 1 to 3% of battery on mine.. Not even showing up on my list of apps on the battery screen right now. Maybe try uninstall and reinstall.

Paxin

Jul 17, 2012
Anyone using N7 port got AOD working with good lock app? Cause I uninstalled months ago cause of this. Thanks in advance

Enviado desde mi SM-N930F mediante Tapatalk

xPr0metheus

Oct 27, 2012
Anyone using N7 port got AOD working with good lock app? Cause I uninstalled months ago cause of this. Thanks in advance

Enviado desde mi SM-N930F mediante Tapatalk
Working all fine here. It's still not interactive, but that's a kernel thing and neither without GL

Gesendet von meinem SM-N930F mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Paxin

rapozaum

Aug 25, 2011
Salvador
It drains a ****ton of juice on my phone. Considering wiping it out because I'm already not happy with my SoT.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    4jUIqU.jpg

Bored of the default lock screen on Android devices, and specifically the one on your Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge? Samsung thinks you could do with a more powerful lock screen and has launched an app called Good Lock on the Galaxy Apps store. Supported on the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge, Good Lock puts a ton of functionality right on your lock screen and notifications area.

From being able to keep some notifications in the notification shade for as long as you want to putting widgets on the lock screen for quick access, Good Lock offers a lot of features. It even replaces the notification shade with an interface straight from stock Android – a sign maybe that TouchWiz will one day be closer to Google’s version of Android (the removal of Samsung’s default music player from the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge is a big example of that possibility).

8qyML4.jpg

In fact, if Samsung does remove the app drawer from future iterations of TouchWiz, putting widgets and other advanced functionality on the lock screen would make sense, though whether Good Lock is truly useful in its current state depends on how keen you are on playing around with such customization. Good Lock is only available in the US for now, but we have the APK available for download for anyone who wants to try it out. There’s quite a lot inside Good Lock, and we’re currently testing it out for a full review.

Grab Good Lock from the Galaxy Apps store if you’re in the US or from the link below. In case you want to uninstall the app, you will have to head into its settings and hit the uninstall button as Good Lock replaces the entire lock screen and notification systems and can’t be removed like a regular app.

Download Good Lock APK

Source: SamMobile
    There is an update today to Good Lock...
    Is there an apk to sideload to the latest version, the April 18th?
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/i6iht9dxqllchem/com.android.systemui_v24.0.7.apk?dl=0

Edited to add change log info. One noteworthy item is the ability to choose between cards or list for recent apps. You'll find it in Advanced settings.

06fa7e66b6d3578b505d50151cad62ed.jpg

d854f301ffc825c3bbef035ceb4cd892.jpg

Sent from my VZW S7 edge
    Then don't use it.

Or, maybe figure out how to make it look the way you want.

Don't break a sweat though. I'm sure it took longer for you to log in and type this criticism than it would for you to explore it.

If you don't want to change, then don't. We don't really care either way.

Sent from my SM-G935V using XDA Labs
    And here's a link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f9mwmqdnoiytdr3/com.android.systemui_v24.0.10.apk?dl=0

---------- Post added at 04:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 AM ----------

New transition for notification popups as well. They don't slide up toward the top of the screen anymore, they shrink toward their center. I know there's a proper name for the transition, but I can't remember it right now.
    i got a notification (via galaxy apps) that there is an update available for good lock.. but i cannot download it as I installed it from apk mirror (not available in my country). can someone upload the updated version?

No apk version of the new version?

---------- Post added at 13:45 ---------- Previous post was at 13:41 ----------

Your country is lucky we can not install in the Netherlands :crying:

Here you go uploaded it to Mega >>
    https://mega.nz/#!fZEkTBBK!mx6DjyskUoUZOiov53sS7_CJIJcPzNv8FOOuyR-a4Mc :)