Samsung’s Good Lock app is a powerful lockscreen for your Galaxy S7 Edge

Search This thread

rapozaum

Aug 25, 2011
Salvador
Ok, despite the fact that I've set a routine for 23:50 of the day, it still disables my auto rotate eventually. I can't find a pattern on this :/

rapozaum

Aug 25, 2011
Salvador
very buggy and was making my phone really hot! had to uninstall it

was also draining my battery

Were on the 24.0.15 version?

Also, guys, I have a question: is there anyway to make it possible to change wifi networks without going into the settings?
When you double pull the notification bar, you see the option to select the network, but when you click, it opens the settings...

wodzini

Sep 16, 2009
Warsaw
got some notification about update. But im from Poland we cant get it officaly here, so just an empty notification.. till someone uploads it on apkmirror.

Is it only me ? or did someone grab it ?
6yki6EN.png

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    4jUIqU.jpg

Bored of the default lock screen on Android devices, and specifically the one on your Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge? Samsung thinks you could do with a more powerful lock screen and has launched an app called Good Lock on the Galaxy Apps store. Supported on the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge, Good Lock puts a ton of functionality right on your lock screen and notifications area.

From being able to keep some notifications in the notification shade for as long as you want to putting widgets on the lock screen for quick access, Good Lock offers a lot of features. It even replaces the notification shade with an interface straight from stock Android – a sign maybe that TouchWiz will one day be closer to Google’s version of Android (the removal of Samsung’s default music player from the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge is a big example of that possibility).

8qyML4.jpg

In fact, if Samsung does remove the app drawer from future iterations of TouchWiz, putting widgets and other advanced functionality on the lock screen would make sense, though whether Good Lock is truly useful in its current state depends on how keen you are on playing around with such customization. Good Lock is only available in the US for now, but we have the APK available for download for anyone who wants to try it out. There’s quite a lot inside Good Lock, and we’re currently testing it out for a full review.

Grab Good Lock from the Galaxy Apps store if you’re in the US or from the link below. In case you want to uninstall the app, you will have to head into its settings and hit the uninstall button as Good Lock replaces the entire lock screen and notification systems and can’t be removed like a regular app.

Download Good Lock APK

Source: SamMobile
    There is an update today to Good Lock...
    Is there an apk to sideload to the latest version, the April 18th?
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/i6iht9dxqllchem/com.android.systemui_v24.0.7.apk?dl=0

Edited to add change log info. One noteworthy item is the ability to choose between cards or list for recent apps. You'll find it in Advanced settings.

06fa7e66b6d3578b505d50151cad62ed.jpg

d854f301ffc825c3bbef035ceb4cd892.jpg

Sent from my VZW S7 edge
    Then don't use it.

Or, maybe figure out how to make it look the way you want.

Don't break a sweat though. I'm sure it took longer for you to log in and type this criticism than it would for you to explore it.

If you don't want to change, then don't. We don't really care either way.

Sent from my SM-G935V using XDA Labs
    And here's a link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f9mwmqdnoiytdr3/com.android.systemui_v24.0.10.apk?dl=0

---------- Post added at 04:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 AM ----------

New transition for notification popups as well. They don't slide up toward the top of the screen anymore, they shrink toward their center. I know there's a proper name for the transition, but I can't remember it right now.
    i got a notification (via galaxy apps) that there is an update available for good lock.. but i cannot download it as I installed it from apk mirror (not available in my country). can someone upload the updated version?

No apk version of the new version?

---------- Post added at 13:45 ---------- Previous post was at 13:41 ----------

Your country is lucky we can not install in the Netherlands :crying:

Here you go uploaded it to Mega >>
    https://mega.nz/#!fZEkTBBK!mx6DjyskUoUZOiov53sS7_CJIJcPzNv8FOOuyR-a4Mc :)