CerveCesar

Dec 20, 2015
Canton, MI
www.youtube.com
Some people will get hit November 2nd. 1477928189439.jpg

Sent from my SM-N930F using XDA-Developers mobile app

jlflore

Aug 20, 2007
This is news. Did you do like above and revert back to version 6.3 of "Package Disabler Pro" or was it downloaded after the last subsequent release?

I am trying to resist rooting if possible.

This is the 6.3. I downloaded from a link found in a forum.
I have not updated the application since its installation.

kat3k

Nov 22, 2010
I've been using EZ Disabler since I got the idea in this forum a while ago and have disabled some bloatware, but especially the Samsung updates. So far, so good, no messages about battery change updates.

jlflore

Aug 20, 2007
The fact is that I had no message too, but I have just an update (of the firmware) that is coming today..... as Samsung advice all the french users....
I don't especialy know if the update is THE update for the battery. But I suppose this is it. And I don't want to try.... You would probabily imagine why.

YOSEFE

Sep 12, 2006
UK
I got an update notification today for my note 7 in the UK.

I am not touching it. I disabled automatic update a few days ago. So, hopefully things stay the same.

I need assurance of a better deal on Note 8. Failing that I will keep my note 7.

I mostly do not fly or take trains. I use my car.

CerveCesar

Dec 20, 2015
Canton, MI
www.youtube.com
Just to clarify all those who are confusing themselves and others in this thread.

You get 2 types of push notifications from Samsung.

1.- Push Notifications via Message that something is gonna happen soon.

2.- Push Notification2: The Software is downloaded and ready to install or reboot.

Avoid option 1: Delete Samsung Account and stop messages. You will NOT prevent the Software from Downloading.

Avoid Option 2: Install Package disabler Pro 6.3 and disable the Updates as stated from other posts on the platform.

invisiblesense

Oct 1, 2012
London
No 60% update firmware on mine for a second time. Hopefully being rooted and running a custom rom prevented this updated.

So proud of my fellow Note7 owners! We are all going great lengths to hold on to our Note7.

Reactions: Willy318is

CerveCesar

Dec 20, 2015
Canton, MI
www.youtube.com
No 60% update firmware on mine for a second time. Hopefully being rooted and running a custom rom prevented this updated.

So proud of my fellow Note7 owners! We are all going great lengths to hold on to our Note7.
We are in until the end ? (or till the Note 8 exchange) whichever comes first?

xxxMJTxxx

Oct 31, 2016
LONDON
XXX BEWARE do NOT pay/use latest EZ package disabler XXX

I've been using EZ Disabler since I got the idea in this forum a while ago and have disabled some bloatware, but especially the Samsung updates. So far, so good, no messages about battery change updates.

TRIATORS!!!
EZ package disabler work with cooperation with Samsung and they will ask you to pay for app but they already removed/disabled removal of following updates from their new app:

- com.wssyncmldm
- com.sec.android.fotaclient
- com.ws.dm
- com.samsung.sdm
- com.sec.android.soagent

without being able to remove above your mobile will be forced to install 60% battery cut from samsung and this application becomes useless!!!

just please read some comments on google play and their WHATS NEW INFO:
[ unless they have been removed already]:

copied from GOOGLE STORE

WHAT'S NEW

Sorry folks, due to Samsung requests and for safety reasons, we have to continue removing some packages relating to system update. We know you love your Samsung but here are the removed packages :
- com.wssyncmldm
- com.sec.android.fotaclient
- com.ws.dm
- com.samsung.sdm
- com.sec.android.soagent
If you have any problems/suggestions or want refund, please send an email to [email protected] for support.
If you like this app, please encourage us by rating it 5 stars ★★★★★ :)

and some comments:
robert butcher

Traitors Can't believe your allowing Samsung to update the phones when the reason people bought your app was to disable Samsung updates!!! ??

I hope we will find proper solution for our property not being bricked without our authorisation

M

CerveCesar

Dec 20, 2015
Canton, MI
www.youtube.com
TRIATORS!!!
EZ package disabler work with cooperation with Samsung and they will ask you to pay for app but they already removed/disabled removal ...

Fear Not! just download free the 6.3 version of the Package Disabler PRO here REMOVED BY ME. There might be a pop up but this update is an emergency for some and must be avoided; Be patient.

Then find and disable these apps:

14a8551dc05d00c0f729dad0f600dacc.jpg

Boom! ?

Last edited:

Chippy_boy

Aug 29, 2016
Does anyone know what's the *minimum* we can disable with Package Disabler, in order to block the impending update? Is it just the two "firmware" updates, (com.samsung.firmware.sensorhub and com.samsung.android.firmware.tsp)?

The reason I ask is, if we simply disable all the update services, how are we to update any apps in the Play Store? If you disable all the "update" services, Play Store isn't going to work. And as soon as you re-enable the disabled services to get an app updated, your phone is going to get the battery update, isn't it?

agaryt

Feb 27, 2009
Does anyone know what's the *minimum* we can disable with Package Disabler, in order to block the impending update? Is it just the two "firmware" updates, (com.samsung.firmware.sensorhub and com.samsung.android.firmware.tsp)?

The reason I ask is, if we simply disable all the update services, how are we to update any apps in the Play Store? If you disable all the "update" services, Play Store isn't going to work. And as soon as you re-enable the disabled services to get an app updated, your phone is going to get the battery update, isn't it?
My phone has disabled everything mentioned above and google apps still get update as usual..... so there you've got answer for your question...

Chippy_boy

Aug 29, 2016
My phone has disabled everything mentioned above and google apps still get update as usual..... so there you've got answer for your question...

Thanks.

That's weird - I tried it earlier and the Play Store reported an error. It's working fine now, so I assume it must have been an unrelated problem.

Cheers

tonymy01

Aug 15, 2010
Sydney
I posted this in the other thread, but it is better here (the other thread is how to deal with the 60% once you have it):
I am using package disabler, and it has a side effect of stopping a bunch of smartswitch backups to fail. When I disabled the package disabler device admin, they worked. I also notice that even the Samsung cloud backups seem to fail (normally only apps fail into the cloud for me as I have quite a few gig of apps thanks to Oculus etc, but since I disabled the recommended update packages, even contact logs and messages backup is failing, perhaps due to the device admin rather than the packages that are disabled).

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

We are in until the end ? (or till the Note 8 exchange) whichever comes first?

Hello guys and gals, we are coming closer to the update which I strongly believe will mess around with our phones to force a return. How can we stop this update on a device already up to date? Do far I have tried package disabler but it doesn't show system update 1 and system update 2... Any suggestions?

You could root your phone
    What do you mean by "uninstalled all update packages with Titanium Backup"? Could you explain this point please.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

There is a private mode with HydraRom

There's an app on the store which backs up any and everything (requires root). It also allows you to freeze/disable packages (like package disabler does) or flat out remove them from phone, which is probably overkill and can cause issues if you do it to the wrong packages.

Seeings I'll never use the updater again I opted to go with that. Hasn't caused me any issues so far and can still get OTA updates via Hydra-Rom's inbuilt OTA app if it did happen to get updated again.
    Rooting disables samsung pay. Only reason I haven't rooted and why my note 5 will not be rooted either.
    It looks super. Please can you write us your step by step instal? And what is important to take care for

I just followed this HOWTO
    There is nothing really tough as long as you exactly follow it. Here are some complementary remarks, where I encountered some misunderstandings while following the steps (it's my first android phone and my first custom rom installation)

step 3, there is a HOWTO install TWRP:
    - first BACKUP YOUR DATAS
    - dont need to put CP and BL in Odin
    - you can keep the auto-reboot option checked, and when the loading bar is almost filled you press [home]+[power]+[volume up]. In the howto it says "swap to volume up" but I wasnt able to understand this properly heheheh :silly:
    - then you enter in TWRP mode, and you dont need to root now.
    - I forgot to backup my data so that's here where I lost everything: I had no SD card, but to access internal memory from TWRP mode (i.e. mount the internal storage on your computer) I had to erase eveything (format data button). when it's done you can reboot in TWRP mode

step 8: flash HydraRom means you download in TWRP mode the .zip file (1.8Go) into your Note 7. Then in the INSTALL option, select the .zip and follow the steps.
    I precise the step 8 because I wasnt sure if I had to do this with Odin or what.. hehehehe

Let me know if there is something wrong or unclear