• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[SAMUSUNG GALAXY A41] - Imei Repair

Search This thread

Akawa_YTB

Sep 25, 2021
Hello everyone,

I explain you my problem:

I tried this morning to update my samsung galaxy A41 SM-A415F rooted with Magisk (firmware patched via magisk) to the latest version (A415FXXU1CUH2) that can be seen on sammobile :

Download Samsung Galaxy A41 SM-A415F XEF France A415FXXU1CUH2 firmware

So I tried to update the phone by setting the HOME_CSC to odin but what was the surprise when the phone rebooted? Some partitions were corrupted and I had no choice but to reset the phone.
I wanted to reset the phone with the last ROM and so I started the installation on odin BUT I checked the option "Nand Erase" and "Re-partition" and since then the IMEI number has been deleted and I can't put it back nor send messages / calls etc.
I have searched everywhere on the internet and even trying to put back the last ROM doesn't work and when I want to do *#06# the message: sm-a415f is not supported on showIMEI is displayed
After a while I found a tutorial on the internet that said I had to put the .pit file of my rom in the "PIT" tab on Odin in addition to my ROM because I had deleted all the partitions of the phone... I checked the Re-Partition option in addition to F. Reset Time & Auto Reboot to register the .pit but it didn't work, I always get 2 errors: One when I reset the phone before the menu with all the apps is displayed telling me: "IMEI or MEID is empty" and another one when I try to see the IMEI number when I press *#06# in the phone app telling me: sm-a415f is not supported on showIMEI

I thank you in advance for your help,

Sincerely.

Edit:
Oh yeah, and the phone doesn't detect the sim card even when I take it out and put it back in...

Last edited:

Arazon

Apr 25, 2021
Hello,
i also have a similar problem.
I rooted the samsung A41 smartphone with magisk. After a while, I wanted to go back and put the original firmware back. Everything worked until I installed update A415FXXU1CUH2. Now the IMEI is empty and the sim card cannot be used. I went back to the A415FXXU1CUD4 version and now everything works fine. I initially blamed all these problems whit the root, but looking around on web I saw that the IMEI problem happens.

Judxx

Jan 24, 2016
Problem: IMEI is null after updating to A415FXXU1CUH2. Cant call, message or use data.
Solution: Flash earlier firmware or restore from your full backup.

I confirm this IMEI problem and that the @Arazon´s solution works.

I tried to update the phone to the latest stock firmware Android 11 (A415FXXU1CUH2) from an earlier version. I got everything to work except the IMEI showed null. I tried flashing with both root and non-root. I tough I had broken the EFS-partition but luckily that was not the case. Somehow the IMEI could not be red with the newest firmware. I guess Samsung needs to fix it and we have to wait for a few months? Anyways I will try updating the A41 "the normal way" and then flashing my root after that. Maybe it will work.

I wonder when we get the unofficial LineageOS for the A41 SM-A415F. Hit me up if you are up to it, I might be able to help.

Judxx

Jan 24, 2016
Problem: IMEI is null after updating to A415FXXU1CUH2. Cant call, message or use data.
Solution: Flash earlier firmware or restore from your full backup.

I confirm this IMEI problem and that the @Arazon´s solution works.

I tried to update the phone to the latest stock firmware Android 11 (A415FXXU1CUH2) from an earlier version. I got everything to work except the IMEI showed null. I tried flashing with both root and non-root. I tough I had broken the EFS-partition but luckily that was not the case. Somehow the IMEI could not be red with the newest firmware. I guess Samsung needs to fix it and we have to wait for a few months? Anyways I will try updating the A41 "the normal way" and then flashing my root after that. Maybe it will work.

I wonder when we get the unofficial LineageOS for the A41 SM-A415F. Hit me up if you are up to it, I might be able to help.

I tried updating the A41 with bootloader locked but the results were the same. It seems that if you have tripped the Knox (voided warranty) the recent update A415FXXU1CUH2 will somehow break your imei and it will show up as null.

These firmware versions (root or non-root) do work and the imei problem does not exist even with tripped knox and unlocked bootloader:
  • A415FXXS1CUG1
  • A415FXXU1CUD4
  • A415FXXU1BUC3 and older