sandisk 64 gb exfat

Search This thread

jdiddy_ub

Sep 20, 2010
Queens Village, NY
i formatted my 64 gb to exfat and i connected my phone to my pc...it reads the card and everything but i am still limited...it seems that the file size limitation of fat32 is still present..

when i go to properties (when the sd card is in my phone) it says file system: generic hierarchical instead of exfat..is that why?

thanks in advance

Last edited:

farfromovin

Aug 15, 2011
Oxnard, CA
For what it's worth, I tossed my card in the phone from SanDisk and it was formatted exFat already. Sounds like you might need another format. I don't know why there have been so many problems with these cards. I've read a lot about people frying them while formatting also.

Reactions: jdiddy_ub

jdiddy_ub

Sep 20, 2010
Queens Village, NY
For what it's worth, I tossed my card in the phone from SanDisk and it was formatted exFat already. Sounds like you might need another format. I don't know why there have been so many problems with these cards. I've read a lot about people frying them while formatting also.

yeah i noticed it was already exfat..i just formatted it again anyway to be safe..i also read about being messing up their cards while formatting

when you plug your phone in a pc does it still show as exfat?

lazerax

Sep 21, 2011
NYC
I formatted my 64gb card to exFat back when I had my S3, and it's worked perfectly. Now I just got the S4 and before I root my phones I run through a quick little checklist to make sure I'm good to go; when I checked, though, my computer, too, reads it as "generic hierarchical". I know I formatter it to exFat - that's the only way I was able to make it work in the first place. It doesn't appear to have any file size limitations, but I'll transfer something massive onto it just to check. Unless someone knows this doesn't matter, I'll back it up, reformat it, then refill it and root. I'm kinda lost as to how the computer won't read it as exFat, though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone