• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[SAR][Vendor][10][A530F/A530W/A730F] Vendor Quack V2.5 For Galaxy A8/A8+ 2018

Search This thread

marcosdp2

Oct 22, 2015
Dom Pedro
quando vão implantar o Ui 2.5 que tem o leitor de código qr nativo no wi-fi

Attachments

• 1608400192080.png
    1608400192080.png
    312 bytes · Views: 50

yalent

Nov 13, 2020
Google Pixel 5
hi everyone :)
I hope that you're doing well.
I just want to report that with the latests phh 11 gsi releases (j,k,l) the camera no longer works in any app (even in the default one and footej).
Thank you for everything.

Ryan.XM

May 22, 2014
Subang
Hello... GSI its great. Simple and fast. But what GSI are you recommend for daily use and games. At this time, I'm not yet find best GSI.
Maybe android 9, 10, or 11. If available. Can you give me link download GSI?
Thanks
Sorry my bad english..

Pro Cal

Aug 29, 2013
first thanks for all the efforts and your time, much appreciated :)

I undersatnd that for GSIs with android 10 or 11 it must be A/B ARM64-Vndklite to work with this vendor for our device, But for some GSIs it's not specified A/B ARM64-Vndklite instead i find some code names such as :
avS, bvS, bvS, avS, bvS, bvZ, avZ, bvZ
and i get confused as i don't know what i means or which one to choose to be A/B ARM64-Vndklite

maybe you can help me please understand the meaning or which one exactly is the one I need ???

Thanks

Hi!
I hope you don't mind me asking.. How did you manage to use only vendor from TreeUI?
Hi,
I've downloaded the Vendor Only part of 0.9.2 (other versions have no separate vendor part) and installed the zip with TWRP in replacement of the Vendor_2.6.zip which has problems with camera on aosp Phhusson / 11.

I supposes vendor parts on treble wpould be more or less equevalent for given version of the system (android 9 required Aonly, while android 10+ are A/B for this device and vendor_2.6 works with 10 and 11, expect for some specific pieces like camera).

I have not [yet] tried to isolate the vendor part of 0.9.3 or 0.9.4 since I do not fully understand the dependencies between vendor part and system part. However, I suppose it can be done comparing content of vendor only and vendor + system all together, changing the install script / scheme and zip back what's required.
I might give it a try sometimes.

rophiroth

Dec 11, 2010
shalom, I've read every post, but im not clear what could be the more stable version for this phone android 10 or more? Can someone help me out to decide? Need android 10 to restore my old phone in this.

thank u

Thank you!
.. and if you manage to isolate the vendor for 0.94, please share it.

Apparently, the only differences from 0.94 vendor and 0.92 vendor are firmware directory structures (firmware from a7 and a8 separated in 2 different directories), the boot images and the updater script (which mainly reflects fimware directory structure change for the Vendor specific part, other differences are linked to the full system distro vs vendor only).

I wouldn't risk messing arroud the update script for so few differences unless I'm looking for something very specific.

ma_keyvan

Feb 27, 2018
prlpVeY.jpeg

I'm not responsible for whatever damage this could possibly cause to your device.
Before Starting Make Sure You Treble Your Device By This Guide here

If you appreciate the work i have done, and want me to continue working on this projet, Feel free to buy me a cup of coffee @paypal

Introducing Quack Vendor For Galaxy A8/A8+ 2018 ONLY FOR A530F/A530W/A730F

Some information you should know..

Full TREBLE Documentation here : https://source.android.com/devices/architecture
Generic System Image (GSI) Documentation here : https://source.android.com/setup/build/gsi

After a battle that took months on end, we have finally Stabled - Vendor Quack for our beloved Galaxy A8/A8+. Ive taken my time With this project and spent more time trying to improve the experience as much as possible.

GSIs are not the most stable and many users prove they are unable to read. they just want ready stuff. with this project that is not the case. if you skip the instructions/F.A.Qs and notes, dont bother installing this project as you probably wont be able to get it running.

Our device don't have Official ANDROID 10 Support, So this is first ever ANDROID 10 implementation to support AOSP GSI's. This is a fully featured System-as-Root VENDOR and KERNEL designed for this device to support ANDROID 10. Changelog listed below !

- VENDOR FEATURES:
  • Wi-Fi & Hotspot
  • Telephony & Ril (Mobile Data, Calls, SMS, MMS)
  • NFC
  • Bluetooth
  • GPS
  • Camera
  • Fingerprint
  • All Sensors
- STEPS FOR INSTALLING TREBLE VENDOR:
  • Make Sure You Treble Your Device By This Guide here
  • Boot into Twrp recovery
  • Wipe System, Data, Dalvik and Vendor.
  • Select Vendor_Quack.zip
- STEPS FOR INSTALLING GSIs:

• Download the desired GSI (it MUST be A/B_arm64 Variant)
  • unpack it if it wasn't in .IMG format
  • Go to TWRP , Install , Install IMAGE
  • Pick your GSI and select SYSTEM IMAGE
  • Reboot to System
- STEPS FOR INSTALLING GAPPS

• Download the appropriate opengapps
  • Go to TWRP , Install
  • Pick your OpenGapps.zip
  • Reboot to System
- KNOWN BUGS:

• None
Credits:
- @TaifAljaloo , @somadsul and @soulr344 for tons of contribution on this project

Downloads. Changelogs , F.A.Qs below

XDA:DevDB Information

Vendor Quack For Galaxy A8/A8+ 2018, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018)
Kernel Sources: https://github.com/prashantpaddune/android_kernel_samsung_jackpotlte

Contributors
prashantp01
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
Stable
Current Stable Version: v2.5
Current Beta Version: V1

Created 2020-09-02
Last Updated 2020-10-06
Hi, I installed this ROM and I had some problems. Now I want to install the main ROM, but when installing the ROM, I get an error with odin and I can not install the main ROM. Please help me.
A8 2018.

Adil Tariq

May 29, 2015
Hi, I installed this ROM and I had some problems. Now I want to install the main ROM, but when installing the ROM, I get an error with odin and I can not install the main ROM. Please help me.
A8 2018.
brother, before using odin wipe everything from your device using the recovery and by anything I mean system, data, vendor(must), cache, dalvik cache, internal memory.

Lndpnrm

Jul 20, 2021
Hi, I have installed this ROM and vendor, android 11 gsi. At the beginning it seemed very good, but since a few days I have noticed that my battery is discharges very fast. Can you help me?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    F0-mD7nKQz6DqCB76EtiiuJS6qnNwT735xae2Ua6vnZSENj_di2kIFlx6MpkTgAbelBXFrDcWVWqXr2wpSQxx7X-ktvXh8kTGCLaWDxv2S38dpDO7qei-PaLPc7om8g_VtjEYQxcFg=w2400

Come hang with us on our chat : Telegram
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Vendor Quack V2.6 [LATEST] - AOSP GSI
    Vendor Quack v2.6 : Gdrive
    Generic System Image (list) : Github

Vendor Quack V2.5 - AOSP GSI
    Vendor Quack v2.5 : Gdrive

Vendor Quack V2.0 - AOSP GSI
    Vendor Quack v2 : Gdrive

Vendor Quack V1.0 - ONEUI / AOSP GSI
    Vendor Quack v1 : Gdrive
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    WDqiPZ-OXRl0STq7H0vH-hFBjU9IHrt4ew0eV1c8A_7iMuN5ZOdqe8RV4rGctI5cdQBEULI026LwpFeVYz7183bJoPrgfS_L2c3UHAPJ_s4gdgR8so8nHVmj3PZlbS9NdAZPtrT8cg=w2400

V2.6
    - Fixed Double-tab-to-wake on AOD, thnx to @VDavid003

V2.5
    - Fixed Auto-Brightness
    - Fixed Always on Display
    - Updated Wireless Drivers
    - Improved Wifi Mac randomisation
    - Fix issues with exFat/vFat Sdcards
    - Many other overlay fixes

Quantum Quack v1.0
    - Upstreamed Linux 4.4.177
    - WireGuard Support
    - OC Little to 1.7Ghz
    - UC big/Little to 200/500MHz
    - DriveDriod Support
    - Multi CPU Governors
    - Multi I/O Schedulers
    - Multi TCP Algorithms
    - Wakelock Blocker v1.1
    - Power Efficient Workqueue
    - Disabled Modules
    - Disabled Audit
    - Disabled TRACE_PRINTK
    - Improved fingerprint wake performance
    - Updated new Wakelock list
    - Fixed Bluetooth issues on GSI
    - StateNotifier
    - Fsync Toggle on/off
    - Cpumask for BIG and LITTLE CPU clusters
    - Security Related Features disabled
    and many more....

V2.0
    - Fixed Camera
    - No longer supports ONEUI
    - Supports Android 11 GSI

V1.0
    -initial release
    prlpVeY.jpeg

I'm not responsible for whatever damage this could possibly cause to your device.
    Before Starting Make Sure You Treble Your Device By This Guide here
    If you appreciate the work i have done, and want me to continue working on this projet, Feel free to buy me a cup of coffee @paypal

Introducing Quack Vendor For Galaxy A8/A8+ 2018 ONLY FOR A530F/A530W/A730F

Some information you should know..

Full TREBLE Documentation here : https://source.android.com/devices/architecture
    Generic System Image (GSI) Documentation here : https://source.android.com/setup/build/gsi

After a battle that took months on end, we have finally Stabled - Vendor Quack for our beloved Galaxy A8/A8+. Ive taken my time With this project and spent more time trying to improve the experience as much as possible.

GSIs are not the most stable and many users prove they are unable to read. they just want ready stuff. with this project that is not the case. if you skip the instructions/F.A.Qs and notes, dont bother installing this project as you probably wont be able to get it running.

Our device don't have Official ANDROID 10 Support, So this is first ever ANDROID 10 implementation to support AOSP GSI's. This is a fully featured System-as-Root VENDOR and KERNEL designed for this device to support ANDROID 10. Changelog listed below !

- VENDOR FEATURES:
    • Wi-Fi & Hotspot
    • Telephony & Ril (Mobile Data, Calls, SMS, MMS)
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth
    • GPS
    • Camera
    • Fingerprint
    • All Sensors
    - STEPS FOR INSTALLING TREBLE VENDOR:

• Make Sure You Treble Your Device By This Guide here
    • Boot into Twrp recovery
    • Wipe System, Data, Dalvik and Vendor.
    • Select Vendor_Quack.zip
    - STEPS FOR INSTALLING GSIs:
    • Download the desired GSI (it MUST be A/B_arm64 Variant)
    • unpack it if it wasn't in .IMG format
    • Go to TWRP , Install , Install IMAGE
    • Pick your GSI and select SYSTEM IMAGE
    • Reboot to System
    - STEPS FOR INSTALLING GAPPS
    • Download the appropriate opengapps
    • Go to TWRP , Install
    • Pick your OpenGapps.zip
    • Reboot to System
    - KNOWN BUGS:
    • None
    Credits:
    - @TaifAljaloo , @somadsul and @soulr344 for tons of contribution on this project

Downloads. Changelogs , F.A.Qs below

XDA:DevDB Information
    Vendor Quack For Galaxy A8/A8+ 2018, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018)
    Kernel Sources: https://github.com/prashantpaddune/android_kernel_samsung_jackpotlte

Contributors
    prashantp01
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v2.5
    Current Beta Version: V1

Created 2020-09-02
    Last Updated 2020-10-06
    F.A.Q

For more details related to this project, read our dedicated Wiki page here.

Q : Do i need to format internal storage ?
    A : No

Q : Do it support Android 11 GSI ?
    A : Yes, make sure you download arm64-A/B-vndklite GSI

Q : Can i use the Treble recovery for normal ROMs ?
    A : Yes, just be sure to wipe vendor when switching to non treble roms

Q : Can i flash any GSIs ?
    A : No, only A/B_ARM64 Are supported

Q : Can i flash any sGSIs ?
    A : No unless they match the Arch above
    thanks for your hard work!