[SBF]BL6&Froyo sbf!!! We can now use froyo kernel and green lense camera with bl6

Search This thread

dlhxr

May 26, 2011
New York City
OnePlus One
OnePlus 3
NOW ATTENTION!!!
Thanks to d4d9 on mfunz!
He put up a sbf in bl6 with 2.2 kernel (froyo sbf)!!!
What all above means is that the camera finally works on bl6!

Instructions:
1. This sbf is for the defy which has been into bl6.
2. This is a froyo sbf. We can get froyo(2.2) kernel working with this sbf, which means green lense will work with this sbf and we can use miui that is based on only froyo kernel.
3.Wipe cache&factory settings in stock recovery.
4.Flash this sbf with rsd and reboot.
5.Wipe cache&factory settings in stock recovery.
6.You will get a official froyo rom with working camera for both green and red lense on bl6
7.You can use root tools to root and install bootmenu.
8.You can flash the cm7, cm9, miui, offical 2.3 with gingerbreadmod, etc...

The sbf is only for changing checking key for kernel signature. (Only for changing into froyo kernel.)
Do not recommand to use this rom&kernel and PLEASE use custom recovery to flash another rom like CM7, MIUI. And flash compatible kernel on http://defy.wdscript.fr/kernel/
Some one posted that the kernel in this sbf burned a flashlight!

Links are on #6 and #33, thanks to jianbangguo and on2315
http://115.com/file/bewak9fz
http://ge.tt/9zUMRLD?c
http://www.mediafire.com/?ccrnoyc738078aq
sbf information
Code:
CG31.smg version is 6
CG32.smg version is 1
CG33.smg version is 1
CG34.smg version is 1
CG35.smg version is 2
CG39.smg version is 6
CG40.smg: signature not found!
CG42.smg: signature not found!
CG45.smg version is 0
CG47.smg version is 2
CG53.smg: signature not found!
CG61.smg version is 1
CG64.smg version is 1
CG65.smg version is 1
RAMDLD.smg: signature not found!

For DEVs!
It seems we have another kind of bl6. It might use the same key as bl4 and bl5, other than the key in other bl6 sbf... One guess!:confused:
It looks like that people who flashed this sbf can flash the froyo kernel before in zip format through custom recovery...
And there's another hypothesis here. The sbf will set no limits on kernel and it won't check the kernel signature when phone boots. Another guess!:confused:
we need some tester to prove this.

Don't follow the steps below!!! :eek: It is already proved not working and just look at what Quarx said at the end of this post.

(Something not related to but more important than this discussion) The usb port of Quartx's defy is broken. Maybe someone can donate to Quartx for a new defy, because there's no moto service in Russia?!!!......Paypal: quarx@yandex.ru

Firstly, flash the bl=6 froyo sbf from China.
Secondly, flash the zip froyo kernel (bl=4&5 signature, version 2) View attachment bl4_boot_22_signed.zip through recovery and you will boot normally.
Thirdly, flash the zip gingerbread kernel (bl=4&5 signature, version 2) View attachment bl5_boot_23_signed.zip through recovery and entering the bootmenu will be a success result.
Fourthly, flash the zip gingerbread kernel (bl=6 signature, version 3) View attachment bl6_boot_23_signed.zip through recovery and entering the bootmenu will be a big success result. (no black screen and bootloader error can be successful, too) At least, this means we can use both version 3 kernel and version 2 kernel.
Fifthly, final prove! Flash the zip kernel (no signature, extracted from the sbf for testing whether unlocked) View attachment blX_boot_XX_signed.zip through recovery and entering the bootmenu will be a huge success result. (no black screen and bootloader error can be successful, too) This means we can do everything we want with defy, including using the kernels made by ourseves!!!:cool:
If any of the steps above fails, you can always go back and get your phone work with flashing this http://115.com/file/e7z2d0jd orthe whole sbf in the first step!!!:mad:

NOW some results!
one friend on mfunz in china helped me test what i put above. the fourth step failed.
So, this bl6 sbf shares the same key with other bl4&5 sbfs and is different from other bl6 sbfs.
I think I need more people to prove this. It is not a good result...
this BL looks like ver4.. but re-signed for 6 signature.
i looking in diff.. BL5-6-7 has the same kernel command line (4 - different)...in this BL6 have command line like BL4.
i think if you flash CG35 - 3 to this bootloader.. you should got ERR.

BL6 from this SBF and BL4:

ATconsole=/dev/null rw mem=498M@0x80C00000 init=/init ip=off brdrev=P3A androidboot.bootloader=0x0000 mmcparts=mmcblk17(pds),p16(recovery),p17(cdrom), p18(misc),p19(cid),p20(kpanic),p21(system),p22(pre k),p23(pkbackup),p24(cache),p25(userdata

BL5-6-7:

ATconsole=/dev/null rw mem=498M@0x80C00000 init=/init ip=off brdrev=P3A omap3_die_id androidboot.bootloader=0x0000 mmcparts=mmcblk17(pds),p15(boot),p16(recovery),p 17(cdrom),p18(misc),p19(cid),p20(kpanic),p21(syste m),p22(prek),p23(pkbackup),p24(cache),p25(userdata )

omap3_die_id = "/proc/socinfo" - froyo kernel doesn't have it...

Last edited:

Cristi_10

Jun 11, 2011
Bucuresti
ye.like if we flash a nandroid from any 2.3.6 and this kernel that means weve got a working camera?without greenbread?

sykoism

Oct 5, 2011
I am now re-uploading the full sbf to multiupload.
And be careful that it is a Chinese rom, and I doubt if this can break the flashlight.
Anyway, it is a good news for green lens users.
Anyone with green lens defy can test it?

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

Can you please explain in more details please !!!!
I have read the original thread in the Chinese forum.
It is a froyo sbf, but with bootloader version 6.

bobo9900

Dec 27, 2009
I guess this means defy+ users now can use cm7/cm9 that uses froyo kernel by using this custom froyo kernel.
It will be more interesting to know how he create that kernel, how he maintain the signed kernel status after modify to bl6.

dlhxr

May 26, 2011
New York City
OnePlus One
OnePlus 3
I guess this means defy+ users now can use cm7/cm9 that uses froyo kernel by using this custom froyo kernel.
It will be more interesting to know how he create that kernel, how he maintain the signed kernel status after modify to bl6.

i think it's moto that create this sbf.
it is an operator customed sbf for china unicom, an operator in china

Reactions: igorkode

bobo9900

Dec 27, 2009
i think it's moto that create this sbf.
it is an operator customed sbf for china unicom, an operator in china
Oh ic, I was rather hoping there is a miracle way to signed kernel :p

This means you can downgrade from 2.3.6 to Froyo??????????

I didn't test this, but I guess yes, defy+ can use froyo and defy user who had flashed full sbf of 2.3.6 can downgrade, using cwm+nandroid backup or use cm7/cm9 with froyo kernel.

popcorn1122

Nov 21, 2011
Mumbai
Thats great news.... so that means that a Defy green lens user can flash this FULL 2.3.6 stock rom and use it with green lens camera by flashing the 2.2.2 kernel zip and also be able to downgrade to stock rom 2.2.2?
In that whole process flash light is safe?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOW ATTENTION!!!
    Thanks to d4d9 on mfunz!
    He put up a sbf in bl6 with 2.2 kernel (froyo sbf)!!!
    What all above means is that the camera finally works on bl6!

Instructions:
    1. This sbf is for the defy which has been into bl6.
    2. This is a froyo sbf. We can get froyo(2.2) kernel working with this sbf, which means green lense will work with this sbf and we can use miui that is based on only froyo kernel.
    3.Wipe cache&factory settings in stock recovery.
    4.Flash this sbf with rsd and reboot.
    5.Wipe cache&factory settings in stock recovery.
    6.You will get a official froyo rom with working camera for both green and red lense on bl6
    7.You can use root tools to root and install bootmenu.
    8.You can flash the cm7, cm9, miui, offical 2.3 with gingerbreadmod, etc...

The sbf is only for changing checking key for kernel signature. (Only for changing into froyo kernel.)
    Do not recommand to use this rom&kernel and PLEASE use custom recovery to flash another rom like CM7, MIUI. And flash compatible kernel on http://defy.wdscript.fr/kernel/
    Some one posted that the kernel in this sbf burned a flashlight!

Links are on #6 and #33, thanks to jianbangguo and on2315
    http://115.com/file/bewak9fz
    http://ge.tt/9zUMRLD?c
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ccrnoyc738078aq
    sbf information
    Code:
    CG31.smg version is 6
    CG32.smg version is 1
    CG33.smg version is 1
    CG34.smg version is 1
    CG35.smg version is 2
    CG39.smg version is 6
    CG40.smg: signature not found!
    CG42.smg: signature not found!
    CG45.smg version is 0
    CG47.smg version is 2
    CG53.smg: signature not found!
    CG61.smg version is 1
    CG64.smg version is 1
    CG65.smg version is 1
    RAMDLD.smg: signature not found!

For DEVs!
    It seems we have another kind of bl6. It might use the same key as bl4 and bl5, other than the key in other bl6 sbf... One guess!:confused:
    It looks like that people who flashed this sbf can flash the froyo kernel before in zip format through custom recovery...
    And there's another hypothesis here. The sbf will set no limits on kernel and it won't check the kernel signature when phone boots. Another guess!:confused:
    we need some tester to prove this.

Don't follow the steps below!!! :eek: It is already proved not working and just look at what Quarx said at the end of this post.

(Something not related to but more important than this discussion) The usb port of Quartx's defy is broken. Maybe someone can donate to Quartx for a new defy, because there's no moto service in Russia?!!!......Paypal: quarx@yandex.ru

Firstly, flash the bl=6 froyo sbf from China.
    Secondly, flash the zip froyo kernel (bl=4&5 signature, version 2) View attachment bl4_boot_22_signed.zip through recovery and you will boot normally.
    Thirdly, flash the zip gingerbread kernel (bl=4&5 signature, version 2) View attachment bl5_boot_23_signed.zip through recovery and entering the bootmenu will be a success result.
    Fourthly, flash the zip gingerbread kernel (bl=6 signature, version 3) View attachment bl6_boot_23_signed.zip through recovery and entering the bootmenu will be a big success result. (no black screen and bootloader error can be successful, too) At least, this means we can use both version 3 kernel and version 2 kernel.
    Fifthly, final prove! Flash the zip kernel (no signature, extracted from the sbf for testing whether unlocked) View attachment blX_boot_XX_signed.zip through recovery and entering the bootmenu will be a huge success result. (no black screen and bootloader error can be successful, too) This means we can do everything we want with defy, including using the kernels made by ourseves!!!:cool:
    If any of the steps above fails, you can always go back and get your phone work with flashing this http://115.com/file/e7z2d0jd orthe whole sbf in the first step!!!:mad:

NOW some results!
    one friend on mfunz in china helped me test what i put above. the fourth step failed.
    So, this bl6 sbf shares the same key with other bl4&5 sbfs and is different from other bl6 sbfs.
    I think I need more people to prove this. It is not a good result...
    i looking in diff.. BL5-6-7 has the same kernel command line (4 - different)...in this BL6 have command line like BL4.

ATconsole=/dev/null rw mem=498M@0x80C00000 init=/init ip=off brdrev=P3A androidboot.bootloader=0x0000 mmcparts=mmcblk17(pds),p16(recovery),p17(cdrom), p18(misc),p19(cid),p20(kpanic),p21(system),p22(pre k),p23(pkbackup),p24(cache),p25(userdata

BL5-6-7:

ATconsole=/dev/null rw mem=498M@0x80C00000 init=/init ip=off brdrev=P3A omap3_die_id androidboot.bootloader=0x0000 mmcparts=mmcblk17(pds),p15(boot),p16(recovery),p 17(cdrom),p18(misc),p19(cid),p20(kpanic),p21(syste m),p22(prek),p23(pkbackup),p24(cache),p25(userdata )

ATconsole=/dev/null rw mem=498M@0x80C00000 init=/init ip=off brdrev=P3A androidboot.bootloader=0x0000 mmcparts=mmcblk1:p7(pds),p16(recovery),p17(cdrom),p18(misc),p19(cid),p20(kpanic),p21(system),p22(prek),p23(pkbackup),p24(cache),p25(userdata

BL5-6-7:
    ATconsole=/dev/null rw mem=498M@0x80C00000 init=/init ip=off brdrev=P3A omap3_die_id androidboot.bootloader=0x0000 mmcparts=mmcblk1:p7(pds),p15(boot),p16(recovery),p17(cdrom),p18(misc),p19(cid),p20(kpanic),p21(system),p22(prek),p23(pkbackup),p24(cache),p25(userdata)

stay tuned.......
    feedback coming

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Guys i was on android 2.3.6 now i'm on 2.2.2 so it works
    root can be done with super one click

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

Happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:):):):):):):):):d:d:d:d:d:):):)
    if kernel from blX_boot_XX_signed.zip works with new bootloader... we can use own custom boot.img(kernels)... kernel from blX_boot_XX_signed.zip doesn't have sign like a custom :)
    Someone can test it?
    it is approve?
    Fifthly, final prove! Flash the zip kernel (no signature, extracted from the sbf for testing whether unlocked) blX_boot_XX_signed.zip through recovery and enter the bootmenu will be a big success result. (no black screen can be successful) This means we can do everything we want with defy, including kernel made by ourseves!!!
    Can anyone upload 2.2 CEE nandroid ??

I`m unable to find it. Most of the links are pointed to multiupload which is down and others are deleted...

I'll upload it...wait a bit

EDit:..... here you go nandroid 3.4.2-179.CEE

Sent from my MB525 using xda premium