[SBF] Cellular South Milestone X

Search This thread

ridnout

Jan 10, 2010
Have found SBF, but am getting "Critical Errors 1337 & 510B"

The tale...

* Had Milestone X rooted using one of several methods readily available for download.

** Overzealously updated using the OTA about two weeks ago from Motorola without removing Superuser or Busybox.

*** Messed up and tried to flash using a verizon sbf to return phone. (Didn't brick it, but it would stop at the boot loader with errors waiting for a reflash from usb.

**** Got a warranty return!

*****Tried different methods to no avail!

Thought because of the info in this URL that I'd screwed up in returning my phone or trying to flash in the first place (just needed to use the adb interface to uninstall, remove, the files from their locations) and reinstall-->
WARNING for Droid X: Previously rooted DX owners who took an OTA update and then lost root should proceed with caution. This seems to only work flawlessly on SBF'd DX's or fully factory stock ones(read: never been rooted). The problem is with getting Superuser installed because it is already on your phone from when you were rooted previously.
rootzwiki.com/topic/3216-rootunroot-droid-3-root-instructions-one-click-added-for-windows-linux-osx/

Using info contained here might have worked...
psouza4.com/droid3/#droidx

If you are trying to root from the OTA Gingerbread update and you were previously rooted, you will probably experience problems with this root method because of the pre-existence of busybox and superuser.apk. For that reason, you may need to attempt both the script method (for Windows XP users) and program executable method (Windows Vista/7 users). If you are still having problems, please follow these instructions:

Open a Command Prompt in the folder where you extracted the one-click root package (see instructions for rooting). If you are using Windows 7, you can just use Shift+Right-Click on the folder you extracted the package and choose to "Open a command prompt here". For other operating systems or versions of Windows, you may require some DOS experience or need to Google how to change directories.

In the command prompt, type the following command:

adb shell

If you receive any kind of error, then you may not be in the folder where you extracted ADB.exe or you may need to reboot your computer, your phone, or check the connection. You should receive an ADB prompt ending with either a # or a $.

If the line ends with a $, then run the one-click exploit for Windows XP (even if you have Windows Vista or 7) and only complete step 1.

When you have adb shell ending with a #, type the following commands:

mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/system /system
rm /system/bin/su
rm /system/xbin/su

Ignore any messages that warn you about the file not being found/missing. We're removing old copies of su/superuser which are causing this one-click root method to fail.

NOW TRYING TO GO BACK TO 2.2.2 Froyo! Why, so I can try to root uninstalling the Su and Busybox rooting after OTA update. Would reinstall and try later.

Since I've gotten a fresh phone but the 2.3.5 update applied, I'm trying to return it to 2.2.2 stock. I've tried two different SBF claiming to be the correct ones. The one that is recognized by 4.9 RSDLite can be found here-->sites.google.com/site/1kdsdroidx/home/milestone-x-sbf-files

But I get those funky errors for which I can see no end except maybe trying XP. I've placed at the root of C: and given RSDLite administrative privs.

The other one that I've tried is named SHADO_X6_3.2.6_SHADOW_BP_C_02.06.00R_AP_BP_Flex_21_signed_secure_cell_south_1ff_P3_USERBLD.sbf.gz

but isn't even recognized!

Forgot url.

Please Help?!

Oh yes, I may have to crank up Debian or Kubuntu (have been with Debian since Inspiron 8200 and bf2.4 ! Just have gotten spoiled by Kubuntu (apt-get from terminal though) on this same laptop. They're already installed.

Just kinda frustrated. I've done a bit of homework and gotten a bunch of bought sense. Please help me out. Maybe I just get back to 2.2.2 and wait or try to root, remove offenders, and re-root.

Thanks.

ridnout

Jan 10, 2010
Yup, using Milestone X now to write thiz reply. I'm getting the idea that somehow the OTA blocks downgrading. This OTA has hosed tethering even with Easy Tether unless, there's user error. I'd like to go back to 2.2.2 cause it was a cinch to root. The interface for 2.3.5 is just plain easier to use. I can deal w Froyo though. Any help would be appreciated.

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

Almost forgot, cellular south....C-Spire. Need it to tether wirelessly to post grades and lesson plans online when my renter is just to slow to get a line added for at&t. Heck, took 9wks just to get gas hooked up.

runnirr

Mar 17, 2011
Seattle
I don't know specifics about cellular south or how the milestone x, different from the DX, but you should be able to sbf back to froyo kernel if the sbf for your carrier and version exist. Also, tethering without the carriers permission requires root and you said you lost it.

Sent from my DROIDX using xda premium

ridnout

Jan 10, 2010
Have tried to sbf using rsdlite 4.9 and files listed in my first post. Using rsdlite with one file yields errors of 510B and 1337. The other file after decompression is not even recognized. I've been looking all over for those errors and have not found a definitive explanation. Furthermore, I've used both Windows 7, administrative rights, and XP in an administrative account with the files always at the root of the drive with the same ends.

Also, I've running installs of Debian and Kubuntu, but think I'll run into similar problems/errors. If I find someone who hasn't performed the update, reverted their phone back to stock, could I generate that sbf file?

Any suggestions about the errors or recreating a viable sbf file? How about using rsdlite 4.8, an earlier version?

Thanks.

ridnout

Jan 10, 2010
not at the time of this post that I can tell, unless you can sbf back to froyo (2.2.2) and apply one of the many rooting solutions found on the net.

I believe, more than look and feel, or even functionality or bug fixes, that 2.3.5 more so than the other releases offered by other carriers such as 2.3.4, was to do away with rooting or more likely tethering (wirelessly).

I've gotten errors or an unrecognized sbf from those found on the net (reputable sources) that would revert me back to froyo.

I'll list my steps to the error within a couple of days to see if it were just operator error.

Reactions: ngholson

ngholson

Sep 11, 2010
Biloxi, MS
not at the time of this post that I can tell, unless you can sbf back to froyo (2.2.2) and apply one of the many rooting solutions found on the net.

I believe, more than look and feel, or even functionality or bug fixes, that 2.3.5 more so than the other releases offered by other carriers such as 2.3.4, was to do away with rooting or more likely tethering (wirelessly).

I've gotten errors or an unrecognized sbf from those found on the net (reputable sources) that would revert me back to froyo.

I'll list my steps to the error within a couple of days to see if it were just operator error.

you may be right, about the reason for the update. it's a real let down, just upgraded from my rooted hero (that i was forced to turn in (well forced is a way of saying they gave me $80. in trade for it)) to the x and i love it just want my wireless tether back. i can still tether with easytether (paid version) using usb. haven't tried pdanet yet. (i think pdanet allows for wireless connections. been a while since i used it) nope... no wifi tether with pdanet.

otherwise i will more than likely just wait until one of these amazingly intelligent devs figures out how to root it. :D

Last edited:

ngholson

Sep 11, 2010
Biloxi, MS
i have seen this asked but i haven't found a good answer, is it possible to pull the stock sbf from a non-rooted phone? and if so is there somewhere that the instructions are available.

i am new to motorola, coming from htc, so please forgive my ignorance if this is all common knowledge stuff.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SBF flash for Cellular South MB809 - Milestone X

Android 2.2.2

SHADO_X6_3.2.6_SHADOW_BP_C_02.06.00R_AP_BP_Flex_21_signed_secure_cell_south_1ff_P3_USERBLD.sbf.gz
    http://www.filesonic.com/file/13015...igned_secure_cell_south_1ff_P3_USERBLD.sbf.gz

Compression MD5 - D5391DA5535ACBB1B381E300240FEFA5
    SBF MD5 - A40CCF0B7B8C11BFC7F73743D2F7D7AE

FYI Cellular South Milestone X

I am with cellular south and did the ota 2.3.5 lost root. I installed and ran this:
    DooMLoRD_v1_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su .. This gave me all root permissions back. It is a zip file to download and install. Took two time but finally stuck. It is posted in development section but would not let me respond there.