[SBF] Gingerbread - 4.5.91 with Unlocked Bootloader US AT&T Only

Search This thread

edgan

Apr 13, 2011
Here is a link to the latest US AT&T 4.5.91 sbf with the unlocked bootloader and /preinstall root added.

Warning!
Use this with caution, and don't downgrade to 1.26, 1.5.7, or 1.8.3 unless it has the unlocked bootloader properly integrated into the sbf, and you have already used fastboot to unlock. In general I don't recommend downgrading at all.

If you already installed the official sbf without modification or updated to OTA without unlock, and not unlocked, then I recommend waiting and not installing anything from anyone for now.

We do have reports of hard bricks. We don't yet understand why only a few people have hard bricked. You are doing this at your own risk.

Download:
4.5.91 sbf with unlocked bootloader and /preinstall root

Thanks the2dcour!

Last edited:

LivingChampion

Jul 1, 2011
Nice. Is this safe? This is the official GB AT&T update with unlocked boot-loader correct? Can you use the preinstall method to root afterwards?

Has anyone used this over Gingerblur?

ceo.mtcl

Aug 20, 2008
St. Paul, MN
Great, what's the difference between this and another sbf posted today itself. Looks like both are same.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

gogorman

Dec 12, 2010
Noob question... can I update this over the OTA that was leaked by Sam? Since his wasn't unlocked..?

I'd also be interested to know whether this is a possibility.
Even better, can you update over the OTA version that I flashed using the Motorola Update Service???

edgan

Apr 13, 2011
Noob question... can I update this over the OTA that was leaked by Sam? Since his wasn't unlocked..?

If you already installed OTA without an unlock. Then you have the fuse burned that prevents you from downgrading to the official 1.8.3 sbf. If you do, you will brick your phone.

This sbf should work over the OTA. Think of it like a full reinstall of Windows, but in this case it is Android. To extend the metaphor further, this sbf is like having SP1 slipstreamed in, in that it has the unlocked bootloader integrated.

Last edited:

n0kia916

Dec 11, 2010
Sacramento
I updated over the OTA 2.3.4 by Samcripp but..

If you already installed OTA without an unlock. Then you have the fuse burned that prevents you from downgrading to the official 1.8.3 sbf. If you do, you will brick your phone.

This sbf should work over the OTA. Think of it like a full reinstall of Windows, but in this case it is Android. To extend the metaphor further, this sbf is like having SP1 slipstreamed in, in that it has the unlocked bootloader integrated.

So I decided to try and use RSD Lite 5.0 to update with the sbf posted from edgan. Previous version I had was the OTA update that was posted by Sammcripp but I wanted an unlocked bootloader. While waiting for the rsd to finish it failed at 99 percent when the phone rebooted and got an error 0x1000.. at this point I was ****ting myself..wtf! So it automatically went to fastboot mode and nothing else.. not even volume down menu.

To resolve this issue.. I did a fastboot oem unlock (your UID #)
then did a fastboot reboot and first it was stuck at the dual core screen. I rebooted again and did the volume down~ approach and was able to get into Recovery mode then allowed me to wipe data / cache and restore to factory defaults... bam phone booted up fine with unlocked message and able to use my phone again.. thanks Edgan! lol sorry if It's hard to understand me..

Also just ran quadrant and comparing to the leak 2.3.4 by samcripp this one gives me 300 more points consistently....

Last edited:
Reactions: dsa88 and sdlopez83

edgan

Apr 13, 2011
So I decided to try and use RSD Lite 5.0 to update with the sbf posted from edgan. Previous version I had was the OTA update that was posted by Sammcripp but I wanted an unlocked bootloader. While waiting for the rsd to finish it failed at 99 percent when the phone rebooted and got an error 0x1000.. at this point I was ****ting myself..wtf! So it automatically went to fastboot mode and nothing else.. not even volume down menu.

then did a fastboot reboot and first it was stuck at the dual core screen. I rebooted again and did the volume down~ approach and was able to get into Recovery mode then allowed me to wipe data / cache and restore to factory defaults... bam phone booted up fine with unlocked message and able to use my phone again.. thanks Edgan! lol sorry if It's hard to understand me..

Also just ran quadrant and comparing to the leak 2.3.4 by samcripp this one gives me 300 more points consistently....

I don't know why you would see any performance difference. It should be exactly the same.

As for your 0x1000 problem, I have no idea why you got this. I tried this on some phones, and didn't have this problem. Though I used sbf_flash instead of RSD Lite 5.0.

I went back and checked the fuses on one phone to be sure a new one hadn't been blown. It came up the way I expected, not blown.

cat ReservedOdm

shoman24v

Mar 4, 2007
Fresno, CA
This is great. What version of RSD does this work with? I did my friends with another method, and was missing all sounds/motoblur login didn't work. I will refer him to this thread.

From seeing the new MotoBlur, it is really nice. The screen rotation animation is very nice (not sure why all OEM's don't do that) very smooth.

n0kia916

Dec 11, 2010
Sacramento
I don't know why you would see any performance difference. It should be exactly the same.

As for your 0x1000 problem, I have no idea why you got this. I tried this on some phones, and didn't have this problem. Though I used sbf_flash instead of RSD Lite 5.0.

I went back and checked the fuses on one phone to be sure a new one hadn't been blown. It came up the way I expected, not blown.

cat ReservedOdm

Before I flashed with rsd my RerservedOdm was and still is after upgrade is 10000000000010001000300004000 which showed my fuse was blown.

I didn't use fruit/pudding with the samcripp update. just did update.zip from the recovery.

REDFOCZ

Oct 17, 2008
Orlando, Fl
OK I just bought another atrix of my friend who had already updated to the ota last night, will it be safe for me to use this?

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a link to the latest US AT&T 4.5.91 sbf with the unlocked bootloader and /preinstall root added.

Warning!
    Use this with caution, and don't downgrade to 1.26, 1.5.7, or 1.8.3 unless it has the unlocked bootloader properly integrated into the sbf, and you have already used fastboot to unlock. In general I don't recommend downgrading at all.

If you already installed the official sbf without modification or updated to OTA without unlock, and not unlocked, then I recommend waiting and not installing anything from anyone for now.

We do have reports of hard bricks. We don't yet understand why only a few people have hard bricked. You are doing this at your own risk.

Download:
    4.5.91 sbf with unlocked bootloader and /preinstall root

Thanks the2dcour!
    I updated over the OTA 2.3.4 by Samcripp but..

Mine shows d4f0....

I previously on 4.1.83 unlocked the bootloader with pudding.

I updated to 4.5.91 when the update was released.

Is this safe to flash if I ever need to?