[SBF] is leak in the china forum

Search This thread

[TSON]

Jan 28, 2011
Downloading right now, I'll reup right away

EDIT: I'm still really curious if this works on US devices...

kholk

Retired Recognized Developer
May 20, 2007
Torino
Solving the situation. Watch in Android Development section.

EDIT: Okay, I've created a thread in Development section in which I'll list all firmwares and OTAs for download. As soon as there will be a mirror for this I'll insert it in there. I'm actually downloading it to one of my servers, so, as soon as the download will finish, if someone won't post a new download link, I'll do.

Last edited:

kholk

May 20, 2007
Torino
@heavyhms
I would like to help you but, even with my server, I can't download this file. The download stops with some error and I have to infinitely start over again.

Generally, you should do something like that:
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash webtop webtop.img
And you should be okay.

Anyway, waiting for a working download link for this. [TSON], save us! :)

[TSON]

Jan 28, 2011
Where can I even upload a 700 MB file? Mediafire only takes 200 MB... Hulkshare only 275 MB...

Trying multiupload. Didn't error out, so I'm hoping this will work. >_<
It's gonna take an hour to upload.

kholk

May 20, 2007
Torino
Megaupload works... And since MultiUpload uploads it there too, you're doing it right! ;)

kholk

May 20, 2007
Torino
If you can, post the download link as soon as it is available... I've got a ****ty connection right now, MAX DL is 40-45KB/s, so if possible I would like to leave my RAZR downloading tonight so that tomorrow I'll be able to do something with this file...

...Anyway don't worry, if you're tired, go to bed, health first, then everything else. I don't know where are you from, but here is 02:02 AM and, well, it's a bit late! :D

Oh. Let me say something about DROID RAZR.
It can work on DROID RAZR (if signatures are the same) but I'm not sure if the radio part will work too! The GSM Android ROM shouldn't contain anything about CDMA network ESN registration (or well something like that, the registration of the phone on your CDMA network).. and even if it does, the RIL contained in there should contain informations on how to connect to GSM/UMTS/HSPA network only (no CDMA/LTE), so... if you've got a softbricked CDMA DROID RAZR you can give it a try, otherwise I wouldn't flash this on a CDMA device.
A CDMA ROM leak should happen soon...

Last edited:

[TSON]

Jan 28, 2011
I'll stay up, I suppose. It's at 65%, shouldn't be much longer.
EDIT: As far as it working on LTE RAZR, isn't this just a zip file? Couldn't we edit it to plug in the correct radio files and such like the one guy did to make the Minimalist SBF for the Bionic?

kholk

May 20, 2007
Torino
Well, we should be able to do that, but anyway for the time it needs for the work to be complete and bugless...it's better to wait for an original signed CDMA system.img!

[TSON]

Jan 28, 2011
Links don't work. ("dl.dropbox.co...", you didn't grab the whole link)

EDIT: Found the whole links:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6388100/build.prop
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6388100/build_after_sbf.prop

ANALYSIS
This build is actually slightly updated. The blur version, build date, etc. have changed to be more recent. Not too many notable changes, but one I thought might be worth mentioning...

"Fast Dormancy" was turned...off? Fast dormancy helps with battery life. That means that this update actually... makes our battery life worse?

A few other notable things in regards to this being (somewhat) compatible with Verizon RAZRs....
From first glance, it looks like GSM and CDMA could very well have the same ROMs (that or Moto got really lazy and just left the build.prop as-is, and made the system ignore any CDMA-related stuff if it's in GSM mode?). WE COULD POSSIBLY FLASH THE EU FASTBOOT IMAGE TO A US RAZR IF SOMEONE TAKES THE RADIO FILE OUT OF IT (this was done for one of the Bionic's FXZ's, so yes, it's possible.) and just edit the build.prop (and a few other files?) to see if that fixes the radio afterwards, like kholk said. Look!

Code:
#BEGIN Motorola, nfjb73, 21-jun-2010,
# this is for feature 34386, other features for vzw global phone
# could use this property too. IKMAIN-732
#1 this is verizon wireless globle phone
#0 this is not verizon wireless globle phone
ro.mot.phonemode.vzwglobalphone=0
# END Motorola, nfjb73, 21-jun-2010, IKMAIN-732

Code:
ro.mot.phonemode.vzw4gphone=0

Remember, this is an SBF made for the GSM version, and yet there is a bunch of stuff in the build.prop mentioning features that are for CDMA only and Verizon-specific features.

...But could it really be that simple?
I really wish someone could test this out....

Grabbing my US build.prop for further comparisons... Doesn't seem to be all too different outside of what we discussed GSM/CDMA-wise.
http://pastebin.com/gAQhcgW1

Last edited:

raimondomartire

Nov 9, 2005
Salerno
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
"Fast Dormancy" was turned...off? Yes Fast dormancy helps with battery life but disable makes our battery life better. In samsung galaxy 2 is always disable in non standard rom

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Medo,
in china forum thre is some usefull tools and new rom. Can you upload here? IN PM the link

Top Liked Posts