[SC-01F/SCL22] Galaxy Note 3 (Japanese) (NTT Docomo) (au KDDI)

What kind of modification do you want to do to your SC-01F?

• Total voters
Search This thread

vorks

Aug 10, 2015
ok....thank you sir. i tried different ports...so many different versions of twrp....and finally....I listened to you and use a different cable...(it was an old BBM cable...and it worked.) You are a star! Can't thank you enough!

One thing, I notice the twrp is version 3. Is there a version 2.8.7? I am looking at using custom darklord rom and the instruction said to use 2.8.7 version and not the v3 type of twrp.

And once again...thank you sir!

SimmoF

Dec 6, 2011
Shinjuku City
ok....thank you sir. i tried different ports...so many different versions of twrp....and finally....I listened to you and use a different cable...(it was an old BBM cable...and it worked.) You are a star! Can't thank you enough!

One thing, I notice the twrp is version 3. Is there a version 2.8.7? I am looking at using custom darklord rom and the instruction said to use 2.8.7 version and not the v3 type of twrp.

And once again...thank you sir!
No idea. This should be fine.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

phido007

Nov 2, 2013
I finally managed to update to the latest baseband by flashing an older stock firmware and then updating it on the device. Then I flashed the Phronesis N7 ROM. However 3G/LTE data still didn't work.

So I replaced /system/lib/libsec-ril.so with the file from the DarkLord N4 ROM. LTE kind of works now. The problem is that LTE doesn't automatically reconnect after using WIFI so I have to go to the settings and manually scan for networks.

Reactions: swnp

vorks

Aug 10, 2015
Hi I am using sc 01f note 3 docomo. after installing the darklord note 7 rom I can't use Internet /3g. not sure if it's coz the phone is locked ? Any ideas on how to use 3g/Lte. I can make calls though.

How did u guys edit the rom?

Last edited:

vorks

Aug 10, 2015
You have to extract the file /system/lib/libsec-ril.so from the Darklord N4/N5 ROM and replace it on your phone.

thanks phido007.

Just so I understand correctly (and for my personal learning :) )
I extracted the zip N4 rom and from there i found the file

Do I then:
1) zip the file
2) put it on my SD card
3) flash the file i just zipped

I tried cut and paste the file into my phone system folder but didn't seem to find a similar file in the system folder.

thanks for your patience

phido007

Nov 2, 2013
thanks phido007.

Just so I understand correctly (and for my personal learning :) )
I extracted the zip N4 rom and from there i found the file

Do I then:
1) zip the file
2) put it on my SD card
3) flash the file i just zipped

I tried cut and paste the file into my phone system folder but didn't seem to find a similar file in the system folder.

thanks for your patience
I didn't flash the file, just copy and paste it in the system/lib folder.

Groky1

Aug 6, 2015
Kielce
Do you use an IIJmio sim or another MVNO operator?

I am currently using MVNO operator and I have a LTE. I tested a lot of ROMs (Darklord S7E, Darklord Note 7, Pharesis Note 7 or Note 5, Norma v8, MOL ROM N7 and many more) and there was no problem with LTE.

I have diffrient issiues with call speaker (on note 7 port). Sometimes I cant here caller. On stock ROM or Darklord s7e ROM, no problem.

phido007

Nov 2, 2013
I am currently using MVNO operator and I have a LTE. I tested a lot of ROMs (Darklord S7E, Darklord Note 7, Pharesis Note 7 or Note 5, Norma v8, MOL ROM N7 and many more) and there was no problem with LTE.

I have diffrient issiues with call speaker (on note 7 port). Sometimes I cant here caller. On stock ROM or Darklord s7e ROM, no problem.

The LTE problems with Phronesis N7 were too troublesome for daily use. So I installed Phronesis N5 based on Lollipop and LTE works perfectly.

vorks

Aug 10, 2015

I am not located in Japan and using the phone in south east asia. Can't seem to get LTE. You just flash the darklord note 7 rom? Any Kernel change?

Shinkoku

May 23, 2009
Guys,
If anyone is familiar with Docomo contracts.
I have Docomo insurance, which allows me to get a replacement phone, in case I break mine. I have some display issues so decided to use that feature. So, Docomo sent me a new (probably refurbished) phone.
Problem is that it has Android version 5.0, and I want to use 4.3 only. When I applied for the replacement I asked Docomo shop whether the phone will be upgraded or not (original is 4.3), they said no, but as always they did not understand anything and now they refuse changing anything. So, I have almost new Docomo SC-01F device with 5.0 firmware, which I do not need. And I have to send mine back to them.
Question: if I keep the "new" SC-01F they sent me, but, instead of using it, sell it on Yahoo auction or somewhere else. And I personally use another phone with Docomo sim-card which I have now. Will that work? Or, some kind of imei, or other special number, of that "new" SC-01F I received, will be tied to my contract, so that I will have to use that, and won't be able to sell it away to someone else?
Will Docomo see that I sold the refurbished device they sent me by insurance, and will they care about it, at all?
Thanks!!!

SimmoF

Dec 6, 2011
Shinjuku City
Guys,
If anyone is familiar with Docomo contracts.
I have Docomo insurance, which allows me to get a replacement phone, in case I break mine. I have some display issues so decided to use that feature. So, Docomo sent me a new (probably refurbished) phone.
Problem is that it has Android version 5.0, and I want to use 4.3 only. When I applied for the replacement I asked Docomo shop whether the phone will be upgraded or not (original is 4.3), they said no, but as always they did not understand anything and now they refuse changing anything. So, I have almost new Docomo SC-01F device with 5.0 firmware, which I do not need. And I have to send mine back to them.
Question: if I keep the "new" SC-01F they sent me, but, instead of using it, sell it on Yahoo auction or somewhere else. And I personally use another phone with Docomo sim-card which I have now. Will that work? Or, some kind of imei, or other special number, of that "new" SC-01F I received, will be tied to my contract, so that I will have to use that, and won't be able to sell it away to someone else?
Will Docomo see that I sold the refurbished device they sent me by insurance, and will they care about it, at all?
Thanks!!!
Its your device as you've payed it off.
You can sell it however you like.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Shinkoku

Shinkoku

May 23, 2009
One more question.
If anyone has used Docomo's REPAIR service.
I have some problems with display (probably broken pixels), independent repair shop (not Docomo) said they think display needs to be changed.
Docomo says that if they try to fix the phone, they will send it to maker (Samsung), and maker will upgrade firmware while fixing phone, which I really need to avoid (OS upgrade).
Stupid. Upgrade firmware to change display? But that's what Docomo says, and even though I suspect they don't understand what they're talking about, a dumb thing may happen with Docomo, easily.
Question: anyone has a hardware repair experience, with Docomo? Was the firmware upgraded? Maybe you had an option choose, whether to upgrade firmware or not?
The Docomo shop I went to was kind of dumb but stubborn :silly:

Frankbrazillian

Sep 15, 2013
Nishio-shi
One more question.
If anyone has used Docomo's REPAIR service.
I have some problems with display (probably broken pixels), independent repair shop (not Docomo) said they think display needs to be changed.
Docomo says that if they try to fix the phone, they will send it to maker (Samsung), and maker will upgrade firmware while fixing phone, which I really need to avoid (OS upgrade).
Stupid. Upgrade firmware to change display? But that's what Docomo says, and even though I suspect they don't understand what they're talking about, a dumb thing may happen with Docomo, easily.
Question: anyone has a hardware repair experience, with Docomo? Was the firmware upgraded? Maybe you had an option choose, whether to upgrade firmware or not?
The Docomo shop I went to was kind of dumb but stubborn :silly:

I already used the repair service once, when i was on Docomo.... Not only Docomo, but all the other carriers will update the firmware, once you used the repair service. I think its part of some rules policy. There's no way to skip the update.... :(

Reactions: Shinkoku
Jul 29, 2014
If you haven't paid the device cost yet, they won't unlock it to the buyer which can be problematic and deceiving if you sell it as sim free. when unpaid I believe they call it red rom aka rom. best to disclose this information as it matters to the buyer.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SC-01F] Galaxy Note 3 (Japanese) (NTT Docomo)

Rooting information is in the second post.
    Debloating and tweaking information is in the third post.

Available Firmwares:
    • Android 4.3 (SC01FOMUBMIF) - original firmware
    • Android 4.3 (SC01FOMUBNA8) - released on 2014/02/12 - patch notes
    • Android 4.3 (SC01FOMUBNB3) - released on 2014/03/04
    • Android 4.3 (SC01FOMUBNC3) - released on 2014/03/31
    • Android 4.4.2 (SC01FOMUBNF6) - released on 2014/07/08 patch notes
    • Android 4.4.2 (SC01FOMUBNI3) - released on 2014/10/16
    • Android 5.0 (SC01FOMUGOI4) - released on 2015/10/05 - patch notes
    Download firmwares here.
    Latest patch notes.

[SCL22] Galaxy Note 3 (Japanese) (au KDDI)

Original and rooted firmwares are available from Dev-Host.
    Rooting information is in the second post.

Available Firmwares:
    • Android 4.3 (SCL22KDUBML1) - original firmware - patch notes
    • Android 4.3 (SCL22KDUBNB1) - released on 2014/03/04 - patch notes
    • Android 4.3 (SCL22KDUBND3) - released on 2014/05/15 - patch notes
    • Android 4.4.2 (SCL22KDU2FNF7) - released on 2014/07/09 - patch notes
    • Android 5.0 (SCL22KDU2GOH7) - released on 2014/09/01 - patch notes
    Download firmwares here.
    Rooting Information

This root method shows custom status, but FeliCa works.

Instructions - Device Rooting

There are guides on xda on how to do every step, so please don't ask how to do any particular step in this post.
    If you can't get the Download Mode to show Samsung Official, keep reflashing the recovery image and rebooting. It may take a few tries.
    If it doesn't work. Try making a tar file with the official recovery.img in. Guide here.
    You must install the cwm in the last step using the dd command. You can't use Odin or it will disable NFC again.

1. Download these things:
      The latest KitKat firnware (link in the first post)
      The KitKat CWM recovery (attached)
      Odin and Samsung Mobile Drivers
      SuperSU CWM Installer
      7zip
    2. Extract the firmware so you have a tar.md5 file.
    3. If you don't have KitKat yet, do this:
      Reboot to download mode
      Run Odin press AP and select the firmware tar.md5
      Press Start and wait 5 minutes for your firmware to update
    4. Reboot to download mode
      Run Odin press AP and select your recovery tar file
      Press Start and wait for the reboot.
    5. Copy the SuperSU insstaller zip to your sdcard.
    6. Reboot to recovery mode.
      Install SuperSU by selecting the zip.
      Reboot.
    7. Install BusyBox Installer.
      Install BusyBox. If it doesn't work, you don't have root.
    8. Install Android Terminal Emulator
    9. Extract recovery.img from the firmware tar.md5
      Copy to /sdcard
      Run this command (you can copy/paste it):
      su
      dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery​
    10. Reboot the phone, reboot into recovery, then reboot into download mode, check that it says "Current binary: Samsung Official"
      Repeat these 3 reboots until it shows official. (NFC will work then)
    11. Extract the recovery.img from your recovery tar file to /sdcard
      Run this command (you can copy/paste it):
      su
      dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery​
      Reboot to recovery to test that it installed.
    12. You should now be rooted with NFC and custom recovery.

Notes:
    To get to download mode: hold power+home+vol down, while the phone reboots, then at the screen with Japanese text, press vol up.
    To get to recovery mode: hold power+home+vol up, while the phone rebootsp.
    When using Odin, ensure re-partition is unchecked.

Instructions - TWRP
    You can find an alternate recovery in this post.

Instructions - Install Xposed
    1. Follow the rooting instructions above.
    2. Install the Xposed Installer.
    3. Open Xposed Installer, click Framework, click Install, reboot.

Recommended Modules:
    Wanam Xposed

Instructions - Enable Bluetooth Tethering
    1. Follow the rooting instructions above.
    2. Follow the Xposed Installation instructions above.
    3. Install the Xposed-Bluetooth-Tethering-Enabler module.
    4. Open Xposed Installer, clock Modules, enable Xposed-Bluetooth-Tethering-Enabler, reboot.
    Lollipop Deodex Rom

I have created a deodexed Lollipop rom for the SC-01F.
    It is pre-rooted, deodexed and Busybox is installed.
    You don't have to wipe and you can go back to stock easily.
    NFC is working.
    Please download all the files in the SC-01F folder.

Guide: (This will trip knox)
    • Download all the files in the SC-01F folder.
    • Copy "SC-01F_Part2_System.zip" to your phone's SD card.
      Optional: Copy "XposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4.apk" and "xposed-v75-sdk21-arm-arter97-snapdragon_requestConcurrentGC.zip" too if you want Xposed Framework.
    • Reboot your phone into download mode and connect the USB cable.
    • Extract "Odin3_v3.10.7.zip" and run the program.
    • Press the "AP" button and select "SC-01F_Part1.tar"
    • Reboot into recovery mode.
    • Flash the "SC-01F_Part2_System.zip" from the SD card.
    • Optional: Flash "xposed-v75-sdk21-arm-arter97-snapdragon_requestConcurrentGC.zip" if you want Xposed.
    • Optional: Skip this step if you prefer a custom recovery over NFC.
      Reboot to download mode. Flash "SC-01F_Part3_OfficialRecovery.tar"
      Repeat this step until download mode shows official binary.
      You may have to pull the battery and cable mid flash to trigger the official check.
      You won't brick your phone from a bad recovery.img flash.
    • Done.
    Finally we do have TWRP for SC-01F :

Link download recovery TWRP for SC-01F ( Thank @hiepgia @samsungviet.vn )
    Flash with Odin :
    Link :
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/lzc5ffaraqdsc44/twrp.tar
    Mirror:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!ANQGARYa!-bjXimnAjFJAtW45aq17yGv4vGfEjcHtX1XDT13bLWI
    Flash with Recovery :
    Recovery TWRP 2.8.1.0 dcm ( file Zip flash with recovery )
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8AOWDGDr22tbFpjdmVjc3NJNEE/view?usp=sharing

All tested and worked well. No more fear for AROMA ROMS :D
    I have found the firmware for sc-01f

hotfile.com/dl/251811757/acdf068/DCM-SC01FOMUBMIF-20131018174510.zip.html

Is there anyone who can root it?

Thanks, I asked samsung-updates.com to rip it for us.

I have already posted requests to the 2 people who have successful root methods.

It will only be a matter of time until we have a de la vega and cf-root.

I will post the links in the first post when I get home.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk