• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question SC-9853I Questions

Search This thread

marteline

Jun 8, 2011
I can't manage to solve these problems:
1- Find a way to show outside temp using tasker (method posted on MTCD thread don't work on my unit, but my temp is displayed on system bar);
2 - When I click onstar mirror button it opens the Onstar section of carinfo app, how to customize this action?
3 - when playing movies, no matter the player, while on relative quiet scenes, the audio is cutted, like some kind of noise supressor. How to avoid it? Cause it is not quick enough to return, missing the start of dialogs...
Attached my hw info... thanks in advanced...

Attachments

• HWget_info (1).zip
    198.5 KB · Views: 6

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
You do have a FYT based "unidentified reseller" model ([ro.build.fytmanufacturer]: [1]).
1. You don't mention which MTCD method. Probably it is not compatible indeed, but nobody can help if you do not tell what it was about.
2. Is your question that you want to open another apk when clicking the onstar mirror button?
3. No clue.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
1. I could not find the widget anymore, but I guess that it is not compatible anyway like @marchnz already mentioned in that same thread.
He answered a Teyes unit owner and these units are the same as the other FYT units. The canbus apk might broadcast another variabele, or not at all. If you can figure out which value is broadcasted, if at all, by the FYT CANbus apk, you might even be able to display it in the widget. But if the temperature is broadcasted in your system bar then why do you need it in a widget?

2. The intent that is being used to call the app, "could" most possibly be captured in my FYT HW OneKey apk: then it "could" offer the option to call the default apk or the one configured in my app. But I stopped development 1 year ago as I my current unit doesn't have buttons. Prinicpally it works exactly the same for "taps" on the screen inside apps that call other apps, as it is only about to "capture" the intent to call another app. My apk is open source and can be modified by everyone: https://github.com/hvdwolf/FytHWOneKey

marteline

Jun 8, 2011
1 - The bar is hidden on my skin, I am trying to build a more pleasant interface using carwebguru. Can you teach me how to identify if this and other variables are broadcasted by cambus software?

2 - I will try your app today and let you know yhe results.

Thanks a lot.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
1 - The bar is hidden on my skin, I am trying to build a more pleasant interface using carwebguru. Can you teach me how to identify if this and other variables are broadcasted by cambus software?

2 - I will try your app today and let you know yhe results.
Sorry, but no. You need to use apktool for that to decompile the canbus apk. If you are lucky it is part of the manifest. Otherwise you have to check the entire app. And if you have found it, CarWebGuru cannot use it right now. This means you need to write a widget which can be used within CarWebGuru.

My app will not work for you at the moment as the intent call for the canbus app is not configured. That method/function need to be written first.

marteline

Jun 8, 2011
I did not find an apk file in your link so I tried lastest gottahavit version posted on your thread. didn't work since it only listen to specifc buttons.

I am not trying to use directly with cwg, I intend to use the captured variable with tasker.

After using apk editor and search trough a lot of files I found this:
Code:
<LinearLayout android:orientation="vertical" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_weight="1.0">
                <TextView android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:text="@string/outside_temperature" android:layout_weight="1.0" style="@style/dasauto_text_style_top" />
                <TextView android:id="@id/xp_yl_tv_outside_temperature_wc" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:text="--.--" android:layout_weight="1.0" style="@style/dasauto_text_style_bottom" />

inside layout_xp_yl_basic_info.xml...
Can you tell me if it is useful at all?

I tried %outside_temperature in tasker, no results...

This is way above my limited almost non-existent skill... LOL

Last edited:

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
After using apk editor and search trough a lot of files I found this:
Code:
<LinearLayout android:orientation="vertical" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_weight="1.0">
                <TextView android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:text="@string/outside_temperature" android:layout_weight="1.0" style="@style/dasauto_text_style_top" />
                <TextView android:id="@id/xp_yl_tv_outside_temperature_wc" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:text="--.--" android:layout_weight="1.0" style="@style/dasauto_text_style_bottom" />

inside layout_xp_yl_basic_info.xml...
Can you tell me if it is useful at all?

I tried %outside_temperature in tasker, no results...
The "@string/outside_temperature" is really the translated string (in Chinese, English, ....).
The variable "@iD/xp_yl_tv_outside_temperature_wc" is the value (also look at the "mask" android:text="--.--" for 21.25 or so). I do not know if it can be used directly or need to be looked up as well in the code. And I have no experience at all with Tasker.

marteline

Jun 8, 2011
I tried show the variables:
@iD/xp_yl_tv_outside_temperature_wc
"@iD/xp_yl_tv_outside_temperature_wc"
xp_yl_tv_outside_temperature_wc
outside_temperature_wc

Didn't work. Maybe it must somehow be captured before. Any sugestion with any software? It's so frustate to see the temperature variable and not be able to capture this value.

marteline

Jun 8, 2011
The "@string/outside_temperature" is really the translated string (in Chinese, English, ....).
The variable "@iD/xp_yl_tv_outside_temperature_wc" is the value (also look at the "mask" android:text="--.--" for 21.25 or so). I do not know if it can be used directly or need to be looked up as well in the code. And I have no experience at all with Tasker.
Is there any chance you can create an apk that only show the temperature value? I know I am asking a lot, but you are my only hope Obi Wan... :p

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
No sorry. That this is most probably the variable doesn't mean it is externally accessible, or that it is broadcasted in some way. It will simply take too much time.
Next to that: I never wrote a widget, only "normal" apks.

marteline

Jun 8, 2011
A simpler question, since you saw my HWget_info files, do you know if there is any update I can do regardind MCU, Bluetooth or even CANBUS?

Maybe this solve the audio problem issue (while playing video) and other small ones I have, like these ones:

Can't change wheel buttons actions;
Low mic incall volume (I only found hardware solutions for this on xda);
Lost of tts function while rooted;
tire pressure not showing.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
The build of your unit is of 04 March 2020, which is relatively old. Flashing another firmware might help. Or not.
Anyway: You could for example take a Joying firmware and flash that to your unit (I would not take a T'eyes CC3 firmware: too much closed software in there and bugs).
To be able to do that you need to tweak the Joying firmware first by checkking the current bluetooth setting (1 or 0) and manufacturer, which is 1 (see post 2), whereas it is 43 for Joying.
In your firmware in the config.txt you will find `sys.fyt.bluetooth_type=` with either 0 or 1. That value should be copied to the Joying config.txt, but is most likely the same.
Then you need to unpack the "AllAppUpdate.bin". Inside you will find the fyt.prop which contains "ro.build.fytmanufacturer=43" (for Joying). Change that to "ro.build.fytmanufacturer=1" for your model. Repack the "AllAppUpdate.bin" and flash the firmware to your unit including the modified config.txt and "AllAppUpdate.bin"

Sorry stupid: you have a sc9853i, not a uis7862. The latest firmwares are 20200407 for Joying, and somewhat later for T'eyes (CC2 ). So about the same age as your firmware.
You could always try to flash one of those, changing config.txt as described above. Unpack the Allapp.pkg, alter the fyt.prop as described above, and repack the Allapp.pkg. And flash the whole bunch to your unit.
This has been described in mutliple of my threads.

Last edited:

marteline

Jun 8, 2011
there is a new Joying firmware, (2021-7-5) with the following description:

Improved feature:
*Improve the head unit EQ
*Improve the car-link function
*Improve the canbus agreement
*Update the Google agreement
*Improve the touch screen problem

I already tried the 190000000_com.syu.canbus.apk, it just provide a user interface improvment at air control screen.

but there is also a ProtocolUpdate.apk with these files inside:
canbus.db
canbus_hsp.db
canbus_sp.db

But, since there is not a current version of this apk on my current firmware file, I did not tried yet. Do you think it's safe to install this apk?

I keep thinking that some change could start broadcast variables....so I can use temp info on my widget...

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
there is a new Joying firmware, (2021-7-5) with the following description:

Improved feature:
*Improve the head unit EQ
*Improve the car-link function
*Improve the canbus agreement
*Update the Google agreement
*Improve the touch screen problem
That is the update for the uis7862 units. NOT for the sc9853i units. Don't flash it to your sc9853i.
You can try some of the apks, but don't flash the entire firmware. I think though that your unit will do that anyway.

marteline

Jun 8, 2011
Just an update: I tried ProtocolUpdate.apk, no changes...

My unit is a winca s200+, my current canbus situation:

If I set CANBUS MODEL to BNR, my rear cam dynamic guidelines works fine, but I have no tyre or windows information on headunit and also the canbus skin not work.
With this settings the information is displayed in an app called CARINFO (com.syu.carinfo).

if I set to ZH, my rear camera guidelines misbehave when full tilt my wheels, but All CANBUS data is displayed on a custom winca skin.
With this settings the information is displayed in an app called ZH-CAN (com.winca.canbus).

I wish I could mix the files... :/

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
Do you know where the phonebook file is stored? I want to manual edit that...
You need to be rooted for that as it is under the /data partition "somewhere" in the program's data structure. I assume it is a sqlite database, but it could be an ascii file, a csv file or binary file. I never looked at it.
I never sync my Google contacts as the five year old bug is still not fixed and will delete all (!) your contacts.
Whenever I feel the need to update my contacts (once a year?), I maintain my contacts in Google which are automatically synced with my phone.
Then I sync my phone contacts via bluetooth (allow access to phone contacts, sync, remove access to phone contacts).
Again: sync phone contacts, not Google contacts.