schok volt sv55 firmware?

Search This thread

Impr0ve

Apr 4, 2013
don't think there's a twrp build for this phone

you don't even need twrp for backup if you know how to use dd to pull each partition and note their locations while you have temp root
do I have to pull them individually or can I just do mmcblk0? and what about the swap do I need that also? is there a good tutorial already for this? is it ok to dd while in use and not in gsi?

luridphantom

Apr 4, 2021
GT-i9250
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
do I have to pull them individually or can I just do mmcblk0? and what about the swap do I need that also? is there a good tutorial already for this? is it ok to dd while in use and not in gsi?
i believe you need to pull them individually because each partition is symlinked and there is no mmcblk0. i might be wrong though so feel free to try dding your entire nand if you want but be careful of what goes in the input and output params. if you got some scripting savvy try using wildcards to automate partition dumping for you.

if you're already rooted just use this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ma.wanam.partitions&hl=en_US&gl=US

heybrother_

Aug 4, 2022
This process has rendered my phone stuck in a bootloop. oes anyone have the stock ROM please. Whatever build is fine. Also if you have the vbmeta img that would be awesome.

luridphantom

Apr 4, 2021
GT-i9250
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
This process has rendered my phone stuck in a bootloop. oes anyone have the stock ROM please. Whatever build is fine. Also if you have the vbmeta img that would be awesome.
if your boot loader is unlocked, just try flashing all the posted boot images if you can't follow the more complicated steps throughout the thread

and you can disable vbmeta by flashing an empty one

adjustall

Aug 1, 2022
download the recovery img i posted earlier and build it yourself if you want to go that route
build?
since you're that curious, you need to install an app that determines what treble build you need, then download the actual gsi from https://sourceforge.net/projects/andyyan-gsi/files/lineage-18.x/

load it into an app called dsu loader that will handle the temp flashing for you, then you will have temp root at the boot logo. don't forget to reboot once you're done pulling your boot img to get back to your normal state
It is not possible to do this via DSU. There isn't enough space on my brand new phone. DSU loader complains.

adjustall

Aug 1, 2022
I did it with dsu you just have to clear some space maybe backup some of your stuff somewheres so you can clear it out and then try again
There's nothing on this phone yet. Which one did you use? I've tried lineage-18.1-20220715-UNOFFICIAL-a64_bvS-vndklite and lineage-18.1-20220715-UNOFFICIAL-a64_bgS-vndklite

Lyrin

Apr 8, 2017
some other folks around here got it but when temp booted into the dsu from dsu loader you need to make a backup through dd
I've made the backup, but I'm not sure how to flash the GSI now. I looked at this guide, but fastboot says there's no system partition to erase. So I'm not sure how to proceed.

Edit: I figured out how to do it, and I ended up having to delete the product partition to have enough space for the GSI, but after flashing I get stuck on an infinite loading screen for LineageOS.

Edit 2: I got it working! Apparently using Google Apps breaks it, even though the image working for DSU before. The issue I'm facing now, is that I can't get it to connect to my provider's network. I can make calls, but not use mobile data.

Edit 3: Figured it out, apparently the GSI defaults to 3G instead of LTE for some reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: luridphantom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    how did you unlock the bootloader?

Afternoon luridphantom

I have the same question as BigBubbaCJ. I just recently acquired this phone (Schok Volt V55S) and would like to know where to get info on unlocking the bootloader. Not sure I need another ROM, but want to be able to delete all the bloatware (google crap) from this phone and be able to enter "storage" to put music and photo's on. TNX
    Rick
    just do adb reboot bootloader and fastboot oem unlock

plenty of tutorials in xda to show you how to do that
    Awesome!! can you help me root mine?
    dont have time to write a guide cuz its a lot of steps

heres the stock recovery if you wanna make twrp out of it and root through that
    OrangeFox_10_Recovery-UMX_U693CL boots fine on this device. Here's stock recovery and boot from SV55216_01.01.09.220716 if needed. recovery boot
    i've already unlocked the bootloader but unable to find stock firmware anywhere. it uses a msm8937 (but according to cpu-z it's a msm8917) but i cant find a firehose for qfil or a loader with bklerler's edl tool. i can boot into ffbm mode but it seems it's locked tight unlike other devices where i can gain adb su without rooting the device

saw this thread and wanted to ask if anyone wanted to help me get a boot.img to root it since its from the same odm. it's an assurance wireless free phone

some other folks around here got it but when temp booted into the dsu from dsu loader you need to make a backup through dd
    I've made the backup, but I'm not sure how to flash the GSI now. I looked at this guide, but fastboot says there's no system partition to erase. So I'm not sure how to proceed.

Edit: I figured out how to do it, and I ended up having to delete the product partition to have enough space for the GSI, but after flashing I get stuck on an infinite loading screen for LineageOS.

Edit 2: I got it working! Apparently using Google Apps breaks it, even though the image working for DSU before. The issue I'm facing now, is that I can't get it to connect to my provider's network. I can make calls, but not use mobile data.

Edit 3: Figured it out, apparently the GSI defaults to 3G instead of LTE for some reason.