schok volt sv55 firmware?

Search This thread

Lyrin

Apr 8, 2017
I'm back again, trying to install a GSI on another phone, but somehow the wifi chip seems to have gotten disabled? I'm trying to enable wifi in settings, but it fails. It happened after I flashed a rom, but going back to other roms that were working isn't working, so I'm not sure what to do.

Edit: I found a post saying I should flash the persist image. Can someone dump the one for 01.01.08? That's the version this phone uses. Vendor may be useful too.

Last edited:

edsel_man

Mar 30, 2016
I have this same build, does anybody have a solution yet? Thanks in advance!

@luridphantom
I've flashed my SV55 with funkybluemonkey3's boot.img posted Aug 24, 2022 on page 4, and I got my WiFi and audio working again, which stopped working when I flashed either Impr0ve's boot.img from Jul 22, 2022 on page 3 or luridphantom's newschokboot.img posted on May 18, 2022 on page 1.

To anyone who has lost functionality flashing with the first few images posted on this thread, I highly recommend flashing with funkybluemonkey3's boot.img.

Hamood_sail

Mar 6, 2022
OnePlus 8
I've flashed my SV55 with funkybluemonkey3's boot.img posted Aug 24, 2022 on page 4, and I got my WiFi and audio working again, which stopped working when I flashed either Impr0ve's boot.img from Jul 22, 2022 on page 3 or luridphantom's newschokboot.img posted on May 18, 2022 on page 1.

To anyone who has lost functionality flashing with the first few images posted on this thread, I highly recommend flashing with funkybluemonkey3's boot.img.
I tried this boot but still the same problem my wifi can't work does any one have the boot for SV55216_01.01.07.220105

Bad news for me I was able to get root but now my phone functionality is all broken wifi and sound are not working anymore system UI crashes startup wonder if that has anything to do with that I even factory reset and still getting the problems so I wouldn't recommend doing it this was my only phone that worked and now It's pretty much useless :( I guess I did something wrong I Dunno but that's where I am at now lol
Wipe data and cache, if possible delvik cache

Wipe data and cache, if possible delvik cache
post #73 I was able to root with boot image from my same build SV55216_01.01.09.220716 image from successfully installed GSI image lineage-19.1-20221011-UNOFFICIAL-a64_bgS.img.xz that has Gapps embedded here
https://sourceforge.net/projects/an...1-20221011-UNOFFICIAL-a64_bgS.img.xz/download

Device connected to network can detect in and outgoing calls but it crashes no sound any time you attempt to use voice or open a dialer and dial out immediately cuts off and no system sound. On GSI ROM dialer will answer no sound and then crash reboot the system. Can I fix through edit build prop??? Can I send a logicat file for help?

I have tried all boot images on this post no success...
Wipe data and cache if possible delvik cache, this did not fix these issues

This recovery worked for me
OrangeFox_11_Recovery-UMX_U693CL

Attachments

• stock 02.jpeg
    stock 02.jpeg
    48.7 KB · Views: 31
  • GSI1.jpeg
    GSI1.jpeg
    37 KB · Views: 27
  • stock 01.jpeg
    stock 01.jpeg
    51.1 KB · Views: 23
  • GSI2.jpeg
    GSI2.jpeg
    40.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

somnomania

May 11, 2017
I just attempted to root this phone as well, and am having the same difficulty as others with the wifi not working, the system hanging periodically, and the sound not working. I used funkybluemonkey3's boot.img. I don't know what "wipe data and cache" means in this context; for apps? For the phone itself? If the latter, how do I do that? Would love to get this working, I've been trying to root a different piece of crap from Assurance Wireless with no success yet, and it'd be cool if I finally had a working phone in my life.

I just attempted to root this phone as well, and am having the same difficulty as others with the wifi not working, the system hanging periodically, and the sound not working. I used funkybluemonkey3's boot.img. I don't know what "wipe data and cache" means in this context; for apps? For the phone itself? If the latter, how do I do that? Would love to get this working, I've been trying to root a different piece of crap from Assurance Wireless with no success yet, and it'd be cool if I finally had a working phone in my life.
I think we are screwed until we get firmware or a firmware image or TWRP image or Fox recovery image. Someone posted a clue I didn't figure it out until I replaced the boot image. Not sure why they didn't give clear instructions, just clues and not fully articulating on a tech board to help individuals it's like setting you up for failure. From my research you can use the image that I linked in my first reply it's rooted. Then you have to install the DSU loader and a phh Superuser app through ADB. For the temp root then you do a partition backup of stock os. I am assisting the best that I can I'm still learning. I used a bunch of different magic modules to replace the sound system framework nothing worked. I believe something is off with the boot image that we flash for a particular build and the only fix would be a firmware snatch of the Boot image. I thought since we had no sound w/ phone dialer crashes, just replacing each of those would fix the corrupted stock OS.
*Before flashing this phone with a GSI , we should have been linked to this important topic right here and that would have stopped most of us from having errors.

How To Guide DSU Sideloader for gaining temporary/permanent root, testing GSI's or installing GSI's Semi-permanently, pulling boot image, AND making your backups​

Last edited:
At the risk of sounding completely ignorant (which I am semi use to in this area), would there be anything I could do to help? I have 3 of these phones. First one I rooted with the same issues as everyone else (namely no sound) , the 2nd has a bad charging port (which I can work around) and the 3rd I just don't like. So, lmk.
~J~

DBlake1

Apr 17, 2015
Ithaca
Google Pixel 5a
Figured I'd contribute to this thread a bit. Here's the latest boot.img from the latest OTA that was pushed (2022-10-20, stock and Magisk 25.2 patched). I've had no sound issues as of this moment. Ring and media are working fine as far as I can tell.

I'll try and stay up to date on latest boot IMG and I'll try to capture the next OTA if I can.

Attachments

• sv55boot_221020.zip
    28.7 MB · Views: 230
Last edited:

mrhanky89

Nov 24, 2010
any updates? I can't even do the ota update with cell phone data because there is a verification error

i tried relocking and putting stock boot.img but it tells me that the device is corrupt

Mello1420

Feb 21, 2017
Figured I'd contribute to this thread a bit. Here's the latest boot.img from the latest OTA that was pushed (2022-10-20, stock and Magisk 25.2 patched). I've had no sound issues as of this moment. Ring and media are working fine as far as I can tell.

I'll try and stay up to date on latest boot IMG and I'll try to capture the next OTA if I can.
Any chance you could share how or where you got that latest .img?
I still can't get this damn phone to even slightly connect to my computer 😑

DBlake1

Apr 17, 2015
Ithaca
Google Pixel 5a
Any chance you could share how or where you got that latest .img?
I still can't get this damn phone to even slightly connect to my computer 😑
Mine didn't have any issues connecting via USB (adb and fastboot). Not sure what's going on there.

I unlocked the bootloader and then I used the pre-rooted GSI/DSU method with DSU Sideloader explained somewhere in a thread about this phone. I forget where I read about it on here. It took me like 3 different tries to get it to work, but now since I've done it and dumped the boot.img, I don't have to do it again. ;)

Mello1420

Feb 21, 2017
Mine didn't have any issues connecting via USB (adb and fastboot). Not sure what's going on there.

I unlocked the bootloader and then I used the pre-rooted GSI/DSU method with DSU Sideloader explained somewhere in a thread about this phone. I forget where I read about it on here. It took me like 3 different tries to get it to work, but now since I've done it and dumped the boot.img, I don't have to do it again. ;)
Fair enough, I just got into adb and fastboot yesterday but failed to plug into my laptop to check if it was going to cooperate or not. So that's my next step n the rest as you mentioned once I figure it all. Thanks

Mello1420

Feb 21, 2017

Fair enough, I just got into adb and fastboot yesterday but failed to plug into my laptop to check if it was going to cooperate or not. So that's my next step n the rest as you mentioned once I figure it all. Thanks

rogjr1986

Jun 23, 2015
Moto G Stylus 5G
Why doesn't anybody upload a rooted boot image and then put your phone in fastboot and then fastboot boot said boot image?

That will root your phone temporarily because you're booting that rooted boot image

and then you can dump your boot image with DD

JohnM_rit

Nov 8, 2015

It went totally flawlessly, because of that. Thank you.

For noobs: with my laptop, I
1. Grabbed the zip with the modified boot.img, above: There are 2x files in the zip, you need the 'magisk_patched-25200_VpP6u.img' file, not the untouched boot.img.
2. Had the ADB and Fastboot command line tools installed on my laptop: https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools
3. Turned on the hidden 'Developer Options' (go to 'About Phone' and tap 'Build number', at the bottom, until it says you are a developer)
4. Went into the 'Developer Options' menu, and turned on 'OEM Unlock', 'USB Debugging', and set 'Default USB Configuration' to 'File Transfer' - that last step is so ADB works; I've found it's needed.
5. Sent 'adb devices' from an administrative command prompt, on the laptop, to verify adb was working. If the response is blank, it's not. Check your USB cable connection, etc. Should see a long string of numbers, '12345678901234 device'.
6. Sent 'adb reboot fastboot'. This reboots the device into fastboot to flash the modified magisk boot image.
7. Sent 'fastboot devices' to make sure fastboot was working.
8. Sent 'fastboot flashing unlock'. This prompts you to agree. Using your volume keys, select the unlock option. THIS WILL ERASE EVERYTHING ON THE PHONE!
9. Let the phone erase and reboot. Selected the 'offline setup'. Turned on Developer Options, USB Debugging and File Transfer mode again.
10. ADB Devices, again. Then 'adb reboot fastboot' again.
11. 'fastboot flash boot magisk_patched-25200_VpP6u.img'. Then reboot normally.
12. Grabbed a copy of the Magisk apk from the magisk website, and used Files (built-in file manager) to open/install it.
13. Magisk indicates it needs to reboot to finish setup, select OK and let the device reboot.
14. When prompted, continue your setup of the phone (cloning another phone's accounts across your wifi).
15. Add F-Droid, and then Fox's MMM module manager from F-Droid, to add modules to Magisk.

Reactions: jayfla

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    boot and magisk patched images for sv55216_01.02.01.221020

don't flash it if you don't have the exact build or you'll mess up your phone
    OrangeFox_10_Recovery-UMX_U693CL boots fine on this device. Here's stock recovery and boot from SV55216_01.01.09.220716 if needed. recovery boot

how did you unlock the bootloader?

Afternoon luridphantom

I have the same question as BigBubbaCJ. I just recently acquired this phone (Schok Volt V55S) and would like to know where to get info on unlocking the bootloader. Not sure I need another ROM, but want to be able to delete all the bloatware (google crap) from this phone and be able to enter "storage" to put music and photo's on. TNX
    Rick
    just do adb reboot bootloader and fastboot oem unlock

plenty of tutorials in xda to show you how to do that
    Awesome!! can you help me root mine?
    dont have time to write a guide cuz its a lot of steps

heres the stock recovery if you wanna make twrp out of it and root through that