Scratched screen

Search This thread

delsus

Oct 23, 2011
Huawei MediaPad T5
Google Pixel 5
I have some kind of bad scratches on my screen, I was just wondering if I choose to replace it will I need to swap the digitizer, screen or front case?

Its not causing many problems yet, but in the sun they show up really bad and make things under the scratches kind of hard to see.

ZxWelshyxz

Jul 23, 2011
wrexham
I have some kind of bad scratches on my screen, I was just wondering if I choose to replace it will I need to swap the digitizer, screen or front case?

Its not causing many problems yet, but in the sun they show up really bad and make things under the scratches kind of hard to see.

The Actual front of the screen is actually the digitizer so thats what you would have to replace, the font case dosent have a clear part its the digitizer

and believe it or not thats probably the cheapest part of all 3 to replace :)
and if you choose to replace it you can use this guide http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaAe0xWdkzI

Reactions: daddy83 and delsus

delsus

Oct 23, 2011
Huawei MediaPad T5
Google Pixel 5
The Actual front of the screen is actually the digitizer so thats what you would have to replace, the font case dosent have a clear part its the digitizer

and if you choose to replace it you can use this guide http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaAe0xWdkzI

Thought so, but thought I should ask anyway, seen some on ebay for £5 or less, might give it a go sometime, thanks for the youtube link as well i'll use it if I do replace it

ZxWelshyxz

Jul 23, 2011
wrexham
Thought so, but thought I should ask anyway, seen some on ebay for £5 or less, might give it a go sometime, thanks for the youtube link as well i'll use it if I do replace it
Np, i only know about the youtube video as i replaced my Digitizer a few months back was a great help to me.
Plus, the person who made it is a member here on xda :) if i remember

Last edited:

Punkiderma

Oct 15, 2010
Turin
Hello, I also have scratch on the screen, but they're not scratch "lines": in the center, where I touch most of the times, I have some kind of spots, like the screen had worn in that point because is the most touched. Anyone with this problem? What it could be?

Thanks!

rabdulatipoff

Oct 18, 2012
Hello, I also have scratch on the screen, but they're not scratch "lines": in the center, where I touch most of the times, I have some kind of spots, like the screen had worn in that point because is the most touched. Anyone with this problem? What it could be?

Thanks!

Check if there's any protection cover on the screen. In case there's no cover and you see the touchscreen was damaged, try to replace it. Someone already have posted youtube link to tutorial. For instance, you can buy a new touchscreen on ebay (i can't post the link)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.