Scratches on my scratch resistant screen

Search This thread
Mar 4, 2011
Dallas, TX
I dropped mine on the gravel at the gun range on Sunday. Now, I've got a tiny chip and a crack across the screen. I guess I'll find out how much Samsung charges for repair soon...

Michael.

After 12 days and a whopping $156 ($70 std repair fee + $80 lcd fee + tax), I have my Focus back. And she looks good as new.

I hate cases and screen protectors, but I may invest in them very soon.

There was a glimmer of hope in the back of my mind that they would have flashed my phone w/ NoDo, but no such luck. :-(

Michael.

MartyLK

Apr 19, 2010
Oklahoma City
It is possible that some Focus' have a screen protector. But there is just way too much unknown for this device coming from every direction. Samsung says it has GG, Sansung also says it doesn't have GG. Professionals report it does have GG. Other professionals report it doesn't have GG. Corning lists the Focus as having GG and yet they also list HTC devices as having GG. The problem with that is, HTC says they don't use GG.

I really have no clue why all of the industry misdirection. Maybe Samsung started out using GG and changed lately. Maybe they didn't start out using GG and now are. Maybe Samsung uses GG on some productions of the Focus and not on others. Maybe they use GG on Focus' produced on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. And maybe they don't use GG on Focus' produced on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Who knows? I have no clue. But it's a bit annoying how Samsung is doing.

All I do know...my Focus got a screen protector right from removing it from the box. The factory applied meant-to-be-removed screen protector was not removed till the guy who put the permanent protector on removed it. I also left the factory applied meant-to-be-removed backplate protector on and am using my Focus in a hard shell case. The only exposed surfaces on my Focus are the buttons and ports.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some sand particles in your pocket can scratch any material besides diamonds. :D