"Screen Block" app

Search This thread

talal77maki

Sep 16, 2017
Just look for it in de Galaxy Store. I found it, installed it succesfully and can confirm it works on my S3 Classic running Tizen 4. So it will probably run on the Galaxy Watch too.

Hello Noki,

Yes I managed to do this too.
Had to get the app from the watch itself though.
Can confirm its working on Galaxy Watch 2018 46mm with Tizen 4

dev.vwong

Nov 27, 2017
Hi there, I received a suggestion (two months ago :p) which may also be useful for others who unblock their watches by the HOME button ONLY, especially during winter, shower, etc.

The app is updated with the following changes.

1. A new option is added to the widget to disable the X-gesture. If (unluckily) the HOME button got hardware fault suddenly, the only way to unblock your watch is uninstalling the app from the Wearable app on your mobile phone.
2. The setting of "enable" and "X-gesture" can be persistent across reboots. That means you don't need to re-apply the desired setting after reboots.
3. A minor change to make the app more stable (hopefully).

The updated app is being tested (again, by daily use myself ;)). If no bad thing is found, it will be submitted to Samsung for approval.

Attachments

• Screen_20190317_231754.png
    Screen_20190317_231754.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 127

graffix31

Oct 9, 2011
Boston
looking forward to the update. willing to test if you need some one. coming into the good weather here so wont need it as much with short sleeves but will still be using it, Thanks for your work.

Noki

Mar 17, 2005
Loosdrecht
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Hi, just to let you know that the app is submitted to Samsung for approval. :)

It was just offered to me by the Galaxy Store to update. I guess it's approved. (Version 2.1.0)

So far so good. Disabling the X function works as expected, but keep your home button alive or else you will have to remove the app through the Wearable app to be able to unlock your watch.
Settings were persistent after one reboot.

Last edited:

dersie

Mar 26, 2011
Nancy, Lorraine
Some people may find it useful when, e.g. taking shower. ;)

Jut talk about the "X" function, not the "block" function ;)

I use this app since the begining (and first version without widget mode). I use the button to unlock and I can or not use the "X" function. So what difference to supress the "X" function ? or the shower draw a "X" on your watch screen ?

dev.vwong

Nov 27, 2017
Jut talk about the "X" function, not the "block" function ;)

I use this app since the begining (and first version without widget mode). I use the button to unlock and I can or not use the "X" function. So what difference to supress the "X" function ? or the shower draw a "X" on your watch screen ?

Water drops may be treated as touch gesture. Disabling X-gesture will avoid unblocking the watch by water, though the chance is very small. There may be some other scenarios people may prefer disabling it (and use the HOME button only).

Anyway, just leave it enable if you do not find it useful.

dev.vwong

Nov 27, 2017
Just checked and found this comment from galaxy store: "your last name should be Wrong because you're wrong af for making a app that doesn't work?"

Although this app doesn't work on your watch, this kind of comment will not help anything at all. Rude.

Reactions: Whiskey103

sgtslaughter64

Feb 17, 2012
Just checked and found this comment from galaxy store: "your last name should be Wrong because you're wrong af for making a app that doesn't work?"

Although this app doesn't work on your watch, this kind of comment will not help anything at all. Rude.
No kidding! I love the app! Works great and keeps me from accidentally calling someone or deleting my watch face

mesersmith

Jan 11, 2009
Calarasi
Thank you!

I need this kind of application to use it when l go to swim.
I want to block my screen after I start a timer, but this application does not do this when the timer is on.
I believe it happens this because I have gear s3 with Tizen 4.0.0.7

Whiskey103

Senior Moderator / Member Advocate Admin / DC / RT
Staff member
Jun 6, 2009
Tell me, I’m lost . . .
www.whiskey103.nl
Thank you!

I want to block my screen after I start a timer, but this application does not do this when the timer is on.
What "timer" are you talking about? It works for me with strava for example.

tiniwings

Mar 3, 2012
Thank you!

The app blocks the screen touches automatically.

HolziFFB

Dec 15, 2020
First of all i have to apologize my English - I'm from Germany.

I already had issues with my Gear due to the missing face lock option. But this morning, while having a shower, the worst case happened: my Gear resetted to factory settings.
Thanks to this forum your app was found and installed very fast. And I love it. This app is awesome. This is e really, really useful tool and you should earn money with it.
May I donate? Please post your PayPal.

And of course,it's properly working with Tizen 4.0.0.7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    People who fold arms may like to try this new app "Screen Block". After starting this app manually, you need to draw a cross "X" before accessing the watch when it is waken up, though button actions like "Samsung Pay", "double-pressed shortcut", "SOS" and "Home" will not be blocked.
    Hi there, I received a suggestion (two months ago :p) which may also be useful for others who unblock their watches by the HOME button ONLY, especially during winter, shower, etc.

The app is updated with the following changes.

1. A new option is added to the widget to disable the X-gesture. If (unluckily) the HOME button got hardware fault suddenly, the only way to unblock your watch is uninstalling the app from the Wearable app on your mobile phone.
    2. The setting of "enable" and "X-gesture" can be persistent across reboots. That means you don't need to re-apply the desired setting after reboots.
    3. A minor change to make the app more stable (hopefully).

The updated app is being tested (again, by daily use myself ;)). If no bad thing is found, it will be submitted to Samsung for approval.
    Hi guys, an updated version "Screen Block 2" is under testing on Tizen 3.0. As the go-back gesture is removed, the screen will be unblocked by just drawing a cross "X". Stay tuned. :)

Hi all, the new version is approved by Samsung.

Please look for Screen Block 2 (version 2.0.0) in Galaxy Apps Store.

:)
    Sorry guys! Busy at work previously.

Still fixing a problem which causes the app stops working after some time. Will resume debugging very soon.

Thanks for your patience! :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone