"Screen Block" app

Search This thread

HolziFFB

Dec 15, 2020
It's me again.
Now I've changed to a Galaxy Watch 4 which has the same problem, but I cannot install Screen Block 2.
What can I do to have it installed, too?
Or is there an built-in-solution I haven't found until now?
Please help!

dersie

Mar 26, 2011
Nancy, Lorraine
It's me again.
Now I've changed to a Galaxy Watch 4 which has the same problem, but I cannot install Screen Block 2.
What can I do to have it installed, too?
Or is there an built-in-solution I haven't found until now?
Please help!
It is a Tizen app and watch 4 is a WearOS system. So not possible to install a Tizen app on a WearOS device ;)

HolziFFB

Dec 15, 2020
@dersie: Thanks for Information.
Meanwhile, I had a chat with Sumsung support and they suggested to use the water-protection-function to lock the face.
But when unlocking the watch from water-protection it beeps which is a no-go while sitting in a meeting, church etc. to get more information about incoming messages and so on.
Now I'm begging Mr. Vincent Wong can/will transfer his app from Tizen to WearOS, please.

dersie

Mar 26, 2011
Nancy, Lorraine
Meanwhile, I had a chat with Sumsung support and they suggested to use the water-protection-function to lock the face.
But when unlocking the watch from water-protection it beeps which is a no-go while sitting in a meeting, church etc. to get more information about incoming messages and so on.
Now I'm begging Mr. Vincent Wong can/will transfer his app from Tizen to WearOS, please.
No need with WearOS. Disable tilt to wake and tap to activate and set AOD. Screen is looked until you use a button

HolziFFB

Dec 15, 2020
Thanks again.
I already have tilt and tap deactivated. But I need the tilt option to switch the display on (without using a socond hand) because I'm riding motorcycle. Not all of my bikes have a built in clock at the dashboard and it's not safe to ride with hands free.

dev.vwong

Nov 27, 2017

Sorry guys! Transferring this app to WearOS may not happen soon, as my gear S3 and my wife's gear sport still function well (touchwood), and I have zero knowledge on WearOS, and no WearOS device to test it.

HolziFFB

Dec 15, 2020
I've found another solution: I returned it and got my money back.
The Watch4 is pain in the ass. With "just" heart rate tracking turned on it ran out of power in just one day.
Meanwhile, Samsung got my Watch3 repaired (the pulse sensor has been dead) and I'm lucky again.
Thank you all for hints and help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    People who fold arms may like to try this new app "Screen Block". After starting this app manually, you need to draw a cross "X" before accessing the watch when it is waken up, though button actions like "Samsung Pay", "double-pressed shortcut", "SOS" and "Home" will not be blocked.
    Hi there, I received a suggestion (two months ago :p) which may also be useful for others who unblock their watches by the HOME button ONLY, especially during winter, shower, etc.

The app is updated with the following changes.

1. A new option is added to the widget to disable the X-gesture. If (unluckily) the HOME button got hardware fault suddenly, the only way to unblock your watch is uninstalling the app from the Wearable app on your mobile phone.
    2. The setting of "enable" and "X-gesture" can be persistent across reboots. That means you don't need to re-apply the desired setting after reboots.
    3. A minor change to make the app more stable (hopefully).

The updated app is being tested (again, by daily use myself ;)). If no bad thing is found, it will be submitted to Samsung for approval.
    Hi guys, an updated version "Screen Block 2" is under testing on Tizen 3.0. As the go-back gesture is removed, the screen will be unblocked by just drawing a cross "X". Stay tuned. :)

Hi all, the new version is approved by Samsung.

Please look for Screen Block 2 (version 2.0.0) in Galaxy Apps Store.

:)
    Sorry guys! Busy at work previously.

Still fixing a problem which causes the app stops working after some time. Will resume debugging very soon.

Thanks for your patience! :)