Question Screen brightness is very dark for Netflix and YouTube

Search This thread

Shan8nu

Sep 21, 2016
Hi everyone,

I got mi pad 5 in india few says back. And I'm facing below issue whenever I'm watching dark scene on Netflix or YouTube, even though my tablet brightness is max still that scene is very much dark that barely can see faces of characters. I'm not a tech guy but i know I've spent 23k on this for watching movies or tv shows and because of this issue I'm really frustrated.
Can anyone please help to how to resolve? or is this pad fault? Is it a software bug or hardware bug? or xiomi will fix this in upcoming updates?

Please help me here.

Screen comparing of same scene from lenovo tablet and mi pad 5(in white case with dark screen)

IMG_20220512_011102.jpg

Alecs91br

May 11, 2022
Change the color scheme to standard, it helps a little with the contrast, another fix I didn't find, very frustrating as well with the hdr and dolby vision support you see very bad dark scenes

Shan8nu

Sep 21, 2016
Change the color scheme to standard, it helps a little with the contrast, another fix I didn't find, very frustrating as well with the hdr and dolby vision support you see very bad dark scenes
Yes sir, I've tried this but still not as expected.
Do you know is this a software bug or hardware? Means is it better to wait for xiomi to fix or to replace tab with other?

Alecs91br

May 11, 2022
Yes sir, I've tried this but still not as expected.
Do you know is this a software bug or hardware? Means is it better to wait for xiomi to fix or to replace tab with other?
I don't think it will be fix, the tablet it's already on the market for almost a year and its not fixed, from what I saw if you have a download movie and you watch it with km player or mx player and choose the colours scheme to standard it's ok'ish but in Netflix app is terrible in dark scenes

vandal4e

Feb 28, 2008
you get what you pay for folks, it ain't no Ipad / Samsung Tab quality hence the low price tag

Alecs91br

May 11, 2022
If you use a player which you can control the brightness and the contrast you will have better results, so that means the tablet is capable of better results

AssumedDiz

May 13, 2013
SDR content is fine for me, so definetly HDR/Dolby Vision is the reason
you can try downgrading your netflix plan to Standard which removes HDR/Dolby Vision support
but of course this may not be practical for you
another solution is to use Kodi + Netflix plugin, it has the ability to disable HDR/Dolby Vision even if you are on a premium plan
It's a shame because the screen is actually really good, I don't think its a hardware problem
But I also doubt it will be changed/fixed, maybe if we throw enough report at them

Last edited:

afrin101

May 9, 2018
So the fix for this would be to go to special features and then sidebar inside which you have a video toolkit
Enable it for Netflix
And then whilst playing Netflix videos open the sidebar and enable the vision booster option in the sidebar if it shows

Reactions: xchamelionz

xchamelionz

Jul 14, 2022
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
So the fix for this would be to go to special features and then sidebar inside which you have a video toolkit
Enable it for Netflix
And then whilst playing Netflix videos open the sidebar and enable the vision booster option in the sidebar if it shows
I tried this. Enabled video toolkit for Netflix and selected "Outdoor" as style. The dark scenes became immediately much brighter

vuoshinotizy

May 12, 2022
I tried this. Enabled video toolkit for Netflix and selected "Outdoor" as style. The dark scenes became immediately much brighter
I use this on every video and mutlimedia app. The image is brightness and visible. I use in combination with tasker. I made a fuction that increase the brightness on the video and multimedia app and decrease it when i exit. Anywyay i think anyone must to active the outdoor mode. Is like the video enhancher form samsung top device.

xchamelionz

Jul 14, 2022
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
I use this on every video and mutlimedia app. The image is brightness and visible. I use in combination with tasker. I made a fuction that increase the brightness on the video and multimedia app and decrease it when i exit. Anywyay i think anyone must to active the outdoor mode. Is like the video enhancher form samsung top device.
Can you use Tasker to activate outdoor style as well?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this issue has been reported to the official xiaomi forums
    feel free to write a reply there that you have the same issue, so it gets more attention from xiaomi
    also you can report it on your device from settings -> feedback and provide the Report Id to the feedback team at the forum
    Enable it for Netflix