Screen brightness not work after screen replacement

Search This thread

alidroid2012

Aug 28, 2012
Kristianstad
Hello
I replaced my Galaxy note 3 screen, everything is working good. But it seems I lost the brightness. It is on a high brightness and does not go down, even when I put auto. I need to lower the brightness, because of saving batteri and for a better reading to my eyes.
Do you have any solution? Is it a hardware or software issue?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Was the replacement an original Samsung? If not, many third party replacements don't support auto brightness.

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
You could look for apps in the play store that might help.

Did you try a factory reset of the phone?

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
I don't know how much battery power the app will use. When ever I had to replace a screen, I just looked for a phone with broken internal components and a working screen.

Try a factory reset but make sure you have a backup of your data.

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Have you tried contacting the seller and asking for assistance?

I can't think of anything else to suggest.

Sony667

Feb 19, 2012
Are you sure you not covered the light sensor. Maybee forgotten to remove the protection foil. The light sensor is beside the front camera. Is the front canera working?

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

billysam

Oct 3, 2014
Have the same issue with samsung s3, Everything works fine except the brightness won't budge, the light sensor is working fine. I checked with sensors multitool and it responds so there is no question of sensor being blocked or damaged.
I agree that with 3rd Party replacement Screen, Samsung just doesn't want to work, I would have gone for another device for the price I paid for the replacement display but I didn't thought of it at that time. anyways, Samsung sells crap, I have seen so many users having issues with their displays, even the newer ones. I have stopped investing in Samsung anymore, lost trust, feels like been betrayed with the one that I fell in love.