Question Screen burn in after just 1 day

Search This thread

caesium2

Jun 17, 2008
LG G5
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
Wow, at first I thought it can't be, but your photos...
I guess you should get a replacement. Could it be a faulty screen?
I mean it looks like a bright AOD. Did you use it in a bright environment? But after 1 day, I think it should not look like this.

Reactions: Reaper1337

reutermuerte

May 5, 2011
I mean it looks like a bright AOD. Did you use it in a bright environment? But after 1 day, I think it should not look like this.
Working with Samsung to get a replacement (or I'll just return and buy a new one).
My guess is I just got a lemon. The AOD doesn't seem to dimmvery much at all. And it always seems to want to be much brighter than it needs to be (in comparison to all the other smartwatches I've owned)

Reactions: Luk164

jonstatt

Mar 17, 2008
Working with Samsung to get a replacement (or I'll just return and buy a new one).
My guess is I just got a lemon. The AOD doesn't seem to dimmvery much at all. And it always seems to want to be much brighter than it needs to be (in comparison to all the other smartwatches I've owned)
This is the second report of this. I assume its a firmware bug. The screen should go to greyscale, dim and low refresh frequency. I guess it's not going into these three settings and killing the display. How embarrassing for Samsung!

Just tried both of mine and it is not right. The orange notification dot remains full brightness and saturated. AOD looks wrong to me.

Last edited:

Trekker56

Dec 21, 2010
Is the watch lugs being less than 20mm a wider issue? I don't have calipers to measure.

It would suck if I can't use all the bands I have ordered.

Xzey

Dec 2, 2017
After 3 days. AOD and auto-brightness.
20210908_183430.jpg

RieGo

Apr 1, 2010
wtf. these screens are broken.
screen lighting up where it should be black is kinda the opposite of oled "burn in"
let's hope the issue doesn't affect too many users

Denska

Sep 18, 2021
Hello. I have the same issue with gw 4

Attachments

• IMG_20210917_112031_005.jpg
    IMG_20210917_112031_005.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 350

frea

Sep 5, 2009
It really is a shame what poor quality samsung dares to ship out to customers!

But what makes me even more angry are all the fanboys that defend samsung no matter what and always try to blame users for their hardware and software issues even though it´s clear that it´s just a faulty/unfinished product...

In the other thread there really have been people blaming the user for their burn-in issues for "setting the brightness wrong"... On a finished device there should never be a user setting that could damage a device permanently....

Reactions: TwistyValhalla

sesnut

Jun 11, 2012

But what makes me even more angry are all the fanboys that defend samsung no matter what and always try to blame users for their hardware and software issues even though it´s clear that it´s just a faulty/unfinished product...

In the other thread there really have been people blaming the user for their burn-in issues for "setting the brightness wrong"... On a finished device there should never be a user setting that could damage a device permanently....

like 5 people got a bad watch while everyone elses is fine dood

y2kbadbug

Nov 12, 2008
Caldwell, ID
www.shafer.cc
Samsung just sent me an email saying they are shipping my device back unrepaired. I'm trying to find out what the hell is going on.

EDIT: Samsung sent that email automated because they determined to just send me a brand new replacement.

Last edited:

emreLP61

Nov 24, 2021
My watchface of my gw4 classic literally burn in in 5 hours with AOD and automatic brightness. I also got called from 1000000
But I contacted Samsung and they told that I can send the watch back and receive a brand new one

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How old is your watch? Do you use AOD all time? Are there any other problems besides the image retention?
    I bought at 11/17/21
    And yes I use all time AOD and auto brightness.
    I have not other problems besides this

My watchface of my gw4 classic literally burn in in 5 hours with AOD and automatic brightness.
    But I contacted Samsung and they told that I can send the watch back and receive a brand new one
    Yeah, that is just not at all normal. Such units must have some massive hardware defect in them. Samsung is right to handle it under warranty. I suspect they had a small batch go out that had whatever unusual defect causes what you experienced.

I just hope that consumers don't get bitten by this OUT of warranty. For example, if they had never used AOD before, then started to use it, THEN discovered the fault. I suspect Samsung might even honor it then, if they have a list of suspected serial numbers. In such a case (that they know which batch), they should be pro-active and do a recall.

I have to wonder, though, if the defect would eventually show up even if not using AOD. 5 hours of screen "on time" will happen probably in just a week or so of non-AOD use. Assuming it is total time "on" that causes the damage.
    How old is your watch? Do you use AOD all time? Are there any other problems besides the image retention?
    I bought at 11/17/21
    And yes I use all time AOD and auto brightness.
    I have not other problems besides this