Question Screen burn in after just 1 day

Search This thread

alex6600

Apr 23, 2008
How is "burn" effect now? Has anyone solved this issue without repair? Does it make sense to wait for the release of a new firmware?

Hucast_DL

Oct 8, 2015
Hi, I have my GW4 (no classic) about 2 weeks and I have an image retention and in a near future maybe have a burn in on the screen.

I will take to Samsung for warranty and will see their answer... There is too many people reporting this, very sad.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wow, at first I thought it can't be, but your photos...
    I guess you should get a replacement. Could it be a faulty screen?
    I mean it looks like a bright AOD. Did you use it in a bright environment? But after 1 day, I think it should not look like this.
    Wow, at first I thought it can't be, but your photos...
    I guess you should get a replacement. Could it be a faulty screen?
    I mean it looks like a bright AOD. Did you use it in a bright environment? But after 1 day, I think it should not look like this.
    Working with Samsung to get a replacement (or I'll just return and buy a new one).
    My guess is I just got a lemon. The AOD doesn't seem to dimmvery much at all. And it always seems to want to be much brighter than it needs to be (in comparison to all the other smartwatches I've owned)
    It really is a shame what poor quality samsung dares to ship out to customers!

But what makes me even more angry are all the fanboys that defend samsung no matter what and always try to blame users for their hardware and software issues even though it´s clear that it´s just a faulty/unfinished product...

In the other thread there really have been people blaming the user for their burn-in issues for "setting the brightness wrong"... On a finished device there should never be a user setting that could damage a device permanently....
    My watchface of my gw4 classic literally burn in in 5 hours with AOD and automatic brightness.
    But I contacted Samsung and they told that I can send the watch back and receive a brand new one
    Yeah, that is just not at all normal. Such units must have some massive hardware defect in them. Samsung is right to handle it under warranty. I suspect they had a small batch go out that had whatever unusual defect causes what you experienced.

I just hope that consumers don't get bitten by this OUT of warranty. For example, if they had never used AOD before, then started to use it, THEN discovered the fault. I suspect Samsung might even honor it then, if they have a list of suspected serial numbers. In such a case (that they know which batch), they should be pro-active and do a recall.

I have to wonder, though, if the defect would eventually show up even if not using AOD. 5 hours of screen "on time" will happen probably in just a week or so of non-AOD use. Assuming it is total time "on" that causes the damage.
    How old is your watch? Do you use AOD all time? Are there any other problems besides the image retention?
    I bought at 11/17/21
    And yes I use all time AOD and auto brightness.
    I have not other problems besides this