• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Screen Burn-in

Search This thread

xeni

Dec 11, 2010
Anyone else notice what seems like to be a screen burn in on their Galaxy S6 (non-edge). I was outside today in direct sunlight for the first time and I pulled up google chrome (white background) and I noticed dark gray lines as depicted by the red lines in the pictures. Just curious if anyone else has this?

Attachments

• screen-burnin-gs6.JPG
    screen-burnin-gs6.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 7,233

BlameUREdiction

Jun 8, 2010
Brighton
I have found exactly the same issue on mine. But it's only noticeable in direct sunlight it seems. At present it isn't a deal breaker for me but it's certainly a bit odd. Surely it's a little early for screen burn in?

skilovan

May 8, 2012
Ok but is that normal?I have the same issue and at the store i notice the same issue on one new-out of the box device.Should we replace our device or this is normal?

PerryRhodan

Dec 17, 2007
I started a thread to this issue yesterday. Because I didnt saw this one.
Just replaced my phone because some issues with the display, flash led and this problem.
Think my replacement will have it, too.
For now I cannot anwer me the question if it is suitable to accept this for a phone in this price segment. The summer is coming and the issue will be there on a lot of days.

skilovan

May 8, 2012
I started a thread to this issue yesterday. Because I didnt saw this one.
Just replaced my phone because some issues with the display, flash led and this problem.
Think my replacement will have it, too.
For now I cannot anwer me the question if it is suitable to accept this for a phone in this price segment. The summer is coming and the issue will be there on a lot of days.
I think i will not settle for a phone at this price range and this stupid issue and i think that nobody should. I will just pick up Note 4 with Exynos if this issue is not resolved with the 3rd s6 device.

skilovan

May 8, 2012
Just to let you now guys.I tested 4 new s6 devices and all of them had this issue!!!This is a big thing and nobody is making the real fuzz abou it.So i picked up Note 4 with Exynos.Do not buy s6, wait for month of two just so they can resolve this.

skilovan

May 8, 2012
If that is the case, then ppl should make a big deal about it.I don not have this phone anymore but I would like to help if this issue continues.I will contact samsung via facebook and see what we can do.

PerryRhodan

Dec 17, 2007
The story goes on. After Amazon Germany stopped selling the black 64 GB edition I replaced my one against the white 64 GB. This one shows the frame on any background. Not only white. Only on very dark ones there is no see.
And I can see it under normal light conditions. Not only sunlight.
A very very very bad Display.
Why is it just this quiet about the issue? It's not less ugly like the flash LED or the wiggling home button issue.

PerryRhodan

Dec 17, 2007
Try this in direct sunlight please with max brightness.
It is not a real burn in. It is a frame of a used component that Lays direct under the display.

kingb3000

Jul 12, 2015
Real screen burnin

We were at the Verizon store today and noticed that all the Edge phones had real screen burn in. One had the Verizon logo burnt into the screen that you could see clearly from within any app with a white background. We used chrome and a normal web page to show the employees of the store. The galaxy s6 egde had some sort of Verizon demo bar burnt into it. It seems to be a problem with the screens. I googled for it and found this thread. I am surprised this hasn't become a serious problem for Samsung yet.

SteveTT81

Jul 17, 2015
Anyone else notice what seems like to be a screen burn in on their Galaxy S6 (non-edge). I was outside today in direct sunlight for the first time and I pulled up google chrome (white background) and I noticed dark gray lines as depicted by the red lines in the pictures. Just curious if anyone else has this?

Had a very bad screen burn in my S5 - i could actually see the title of the email app i have to use for work on a white screen without sunlight (title of the app is ALWAYS at the top when working in the app). Now had the S6 since it has been out and starting to see the same issue. Spoke with Samsung about this and they stated that the S4, S5, S6 and all Note devices are capable of getting screen burns with High Contrast imaging or lines. They said they could replace my screen but i would be without a device for nearly a month, and the carrier will not complete a warranty because the device still functions perfectly.
THANKS SAMSUNG! :mad:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have found exactly the same issue on mine. But it's only noticeable in direct sunlight it seems. At present it isn't a deal breaker for me but it's certainly a bit odd. Surely it's a little early for screen burn in?

it's not burn-in, it's seeing through the screen to the assembly
    Me too.
    On a teardown from ifixit you can exactly see the unit that creates these frame.