• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Screen Burn-in

Search This thread

genetichazzard

May 5, 2012
Cape Town
Had a very bad screen burn in my S5 - i could actually see the title of the email app i have to use for work on a white screen without sunlight (title of the app is ALWAYS at the top when working in the app). Now had the S6 since it has been out and starting to see the same issue. Spoke with Samsung about this and they stated that the S4, S5, S6 and all Note devices are capable of getting screen burns with High Contrast imaging or lines. They said they could replace my screen but i would be without a device for nearly a month, and the carrier will not complete a warranty because the device still functions perfectly.
THANKS SAMSUNG! :mad:

That's the nature of OLED technology. It's not Samsung's fault. Any OLED or plasma display will inevitably suffer from burn in.
They key is not to keep static or super bright images on the screen for extended periods of time.

SteveTT81

Jul 17, 2015
That's the nature of OLED technology. It's not Samsung's fault. Any OLED or plasma display will inevitably suffer from burn in.
They key is not to keep static or super bright images on the screen for extended periods of time.

I understand that fully, my issue is not that this happened as i understand it will happen, my issue is with the poor customer service i received from Samsung on more than one occasion with this device and the people around me who have had similar experiences with Samsung.

Towking

Aug 10, 2015
Same issue.

Anyone else notice what seems like to be a screen burn in on their Galaxy S6 (non-edge). I was outside today in direct sunlight for the first time and I pulled up google chrome (white background) and I noticed dark gray lines as depicted by the red lines in the pictures. Just curious if anyone else has this?

I can also see the keyboard on whites screens.

RustySpoons

Apr 25, 2015
The status bar has burned in on my S6, or should I say the rest of the display has aged around the status bar. This phone is 2 months old. Half brightness and set on auto. Really not happy about it. I also have a "Dirty screen effect" where there are subtle horizontal lines on the screen that I can see when scrolling up on Web pages.

timsmooth

Apr 17, 2009
Went to the Sprint store today, and noticed all of the s6 phones had "6 appeal" burned in across the middle of the screen from the promo running on the phones in store. Caused me to pause and consider other phone models.

Fusseldieb

Jul 27, 2013
Anápolis
I haven't noticed this yet, but now that I've found this thread I will definitively look at it...
Now it's night and I can't perform that sunlight test, but I have turned my phone's brightness to maximum, opened a white image and looked at the screen. I see some burn-ins, but I haven't any camera good enough to capture those minimalistic details. I have made a image which ilustrated where are those burn-in located.

Burnins.jpg

Where the status bar is, I noticed that the display is whiter than the rest of the screen. The rest of the screen has some minimalistic 'yellowished' tint. And also a bit under the middle of the screen I notice some darker area which has a darker tint than the rest.

PS: I only see that if I look VEEEEERY long and closely at the screen. In that image I have tinted it a bit more that others can see it.

Last edited:

cliffr39

Mar 28, 2006
Went to the Sprint store today, and noticed all of the s6 phones had "6 appeal" burned in across the middle of the screen from the promo running on the phones in store. Caused me to pause and consider other phone models.

I saw the same thing Saturday at Best Buy when I was checking out the S6 edge. Very bad burn in. Granted they don't change screens much on the demos and are constantly on, but not a comforting feeling.

luka3rd

Feb 1, 2009
Belgrade
This is screen burn in...

I was today in a shop and I was very unpleasantly surprised to see that on both S6s, normal and egde, the screens were so damaged... None of the othe phones in all the shop had this problems.
I have attached the photo, take a look for yourself.

Attachments

• 20151028_122113.jpg
    20151028_122113.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 906

Big_Tom

Jul 15, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
It is BS with it not being burn in - the S6 and S6 edge all have the same problem that after a while you _will_ get burn ins. You may see something else in direct sunlight, but people here are seeing real burn-ins. I unfortunately have some magenta'ish logos visible on brighter screens. Wish it was grey/black :)

blackcell1

Dec 13, 2009
derby
im currently wiping a load of s6's and i can confirm that this is a very common issue with the s6's screens. I've currently getting about 3/10 with the status bar burn-in issue.

Burnins.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone else notice what seems like to be a screen burn in on their Galaxy S6 (non-edge). I was outside today in direct sunlight for the first time and I pulled up google chrome (white background) and I noticed dark gray lines as depicted by the red lines in the pictures. Just curious if anyone else has this?
    I have found exactly the same issue on mine. But it's only noticeable in direct sunlight it seems. At present it isn't a deal breaker for me but it's certainly a bit odd. Surely it's a little early for screen burn in?

it's not burn-in, it's seeing through the screen to the assembly
    Me too.
    On a teardown from ifixit you can exactly see the unit that creates these frame.