Screen burn

Search This thread

spazz1233

May 27, 2015
So ive had the lg g5 for about 3 months now and i can already see my keyboars burned into the background of my screen, did anyone else had this issue..i kinda find it hard to belive because i had my g4 for 2 years and i had no screen burn at all

sayyro

Oct 14, 2015
I had this issue on my LG G2, LG G3, then I said maybe LG learned from this , then I bought a G5 to find out it's defected also lol, but Im still loyal to LG and will get LG phones what ever happens .

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
I had this issue on my LG G2, LG G3, then I said maybe LG learned from this , then I bought a G5 to find out it's defected also lol, but Im still loyal to LG and will get LG phones what ever happens .

I've been one of the lucky's i guess I've never had retention or burn on any devices i own other than an old s3 and my wife s5 which had face book burnt into it

sayyro

Oct 14, 2015
I've been one of the lucky's i guess I've never had retention or burn on any devices i own other than an old s3 and my wife s5 which had face book burnt into it
What's worse is Facebook notification burns of a keyboard burn so that's why u must use a black themed keyboard ;) o hope your wife is fine with it

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
What's worse is Facebook notification burns of a keyboard burn so that's why u must use a black themed keyboard ;) o hope your wife is fine with it

lol she didnt even notice i got it im like wtf i can make out the icon strip at the top of face books page and the thunbs up button lol pretty bad but guy i know just had to have it cause the phones in prstine shape for 2 years old traded a samsung 9.7 inch tablet for it so i kinda got my moneys worth out of it.
lol techniclyive sold it twice now

Reactions: sayyro

PhantasmRezound

Mar 15, 2012
Atlanta, GA
www.soundcloud.com
I have horrifically bad screen burn that occurs after minutes, even seconds of bright objects being on the screen. It seems it only became this severe after 2-3 months of having my LG G5. It would be mostly tolerable during the day, but I primarily use my phone after I'm off work at midnight - dim light and lower phone settings make the screen burn even more aggressive in appearance.

Furthermore, I've had backlight bleeding on the top edge and bottom right corner, along with slight bright patches since day 1. This past week I also picked up a Cardboard VR headset only to find I have a dead pixel smack in the center of view on bright scenes, and more than a dozen bright pixels on black backgrounds (several are the super-bright green subpixels.)

Any one of these display issues I could've tolerated, but together it's grown outrageous. I also have faulty GPS and a loose chin connection on the bottom right. This is a Sprint G5 LS992 with a production date of January 25, 2017... so a late model certainly isn't a guarantee of better quality hardware - not for me at least.

Last edited:

AnDevil

Jul 3, 2012
Warsaw
Guys, just send it on warranty, they'll replace your entire screen (so it's a good way to loose scratches of your screen-they replace the whole panel, LCD and glass combined). Mine got replaced after 6 months of use and now after 5 with new screen I don't have any problems with it.

PhantasmRezound

Mar 15, 2012
Atlanta, GA
www.soundcloud.com
Guys, just send it on warranty, they'll replace your entire screen (so it's a good way to loose scratches of your screen-they replace the whole panel, LCD and glass combined). Mine got replaced after 6 months of use and now after 5 with new screen I don't have any problems with it.

Unfortunately I don't believe that is even an option for me any more.

I got this G5 as an "upgrade" for a G Flex 2 that LGE Alabama at one point claimed would take 2.5 to 3 months to repair (not "7-10 business days" as the RMA email stated.) After several hours of calls and complaints online, I thought I had a satisfactory resolution 2 months after sending my phone in.

Then all of the issues in my last post started popping up.

Normally a phone is covered 1 year from date of manufacture (again, mine is January 25, 2017 making it only 5 months old) BUT both my service paperwork and the LGE representative on phone said I am only warranted 90 days after receiving the G5 in March; noting here that my G Flex 2 had no hardware defects - only hardbricked firmware on accident due to LG Anti-Rollback.

I feel now that I was purposely screwed over with a rushed, refurbished-yet-still-defective unit by LGE Alabama. I already fed them cash for the G Flex 2 being an Out-Of-Warranty repair job - I don't want to double down my losses paying them again in less than half a year.

Last edited:

sayyro

Oct 14, 2015
So did LG say something about this issue ? They know thousands of people are having this problem .. didn't they say anything atleast

Top Liked Posts