• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Screen dimming in the sun

Search This thread

k.a.h

Jun 16, 2007
Hello everyone,

anyone experienced the main screen dimming to a very low brightness level " in the sun " and no difference happens if i switched off adaptive brightness and got it to the max. I am not sure if that is related to the phone heating, but in general sometimes it dims very quick without even having the phone that heated.
OR maybe the phone gets heated very fast with simple use in the sun light.. any experiences related to that issue ??

Thank you great people.

TheNewGuy92

May 4, 2021
I thought this issue was fixed already... what sw version are you on? share the device' model number as well please.
Additionally, submit error report to Samsung Members after reproducing the issue, you should be able to get guidance on how to get the fix...

k.a.h

Jun 16, 2007
It's a false positive from the light sensor. Some phones add a special setting to increase the brightness when it's overly bright to offset it, but I haven't come across one for this phone. It's a little impressive that so few phones actually address it after it's been a known issue so long.
so do you mean there is a solution or it is just a bug with the sensor ?

k.a.h

Jun 16, 2007
I thought this issue was fixed already... what sw version are you on? share the device' model number as well please.
Additionally, submit error report to Samsung Members after reproducing the issue, you should be able to get guidance on how to get the fix...
can you tell me how to submit this error report ? is it through the samsung members application ??

also the model number is SM-F711B
software version is android 11.. one ui 3.1.1 ..

TheNewGuy92

May 4, 2021
can you tell me how to submit this error report ? is it through the samsung members application ??

also the model number is SM-F711B
software version is android 11.. one ui 3.1.1 ..
If you don't have Samsung Members app installed then go to Galaxy or Play store and download it. In the app, click the Blue circle with+ icon. Then select Error Report.
Provide as much detail about the issue as you can and if possible include any screenshots or screen recording (make sure it's 1 issue per ticket).
Sorry for the late Reply... hope this helps and any future issues, submit a ticket as your first step so Samsung can start working on the issue while you look for work arounds or fixes