Screen Don't Respond after OTA Upgrade SM-R825U GWA2

Search This thread

xaser66

Oct 4, 2010
Hello!

I would like to ask help, if possible with my watch fixing.
I received in my phone the warning about the R825USQU1CUA2 upgrade by OTA samsung upgrade system, and I checked prior to accept the upgrade if maybe some issues detected, since I had installed the BP and ECG apps in my watch and SamsungHealth modded app in my phone with my previous software version.
In fact, few months ago, I completed the previous OTA firmware update without issues and the BP, ECG and SamsungHealth apk was working great and syncing!...so since was no reports of issues and no problem with my previous OTA upgrade process, I start the upgrade OTA upgrade process of the latest R825USQU1CUA2 firmware version for my watch, and it ends fine and everything seems well.

However, just a minutes after end the upgrade, I checked and found that meanwhile everything seems normal, the ECG start to plot crazy and not working as before... I was thinking that maybe some corruptep tpk of ECG and leave my watch aside.Couple hours later I checked my Watch and found it with the screen No responding well, seems very very lag in detecting touches in screen, but buttons working normal.

Then I choose to full reset my watch and after reset finish, I barely could use few touches to almost complete process and connect with my phone but the screen detection of vertical and horizontal swipes was Not detected by then. So I send my watch to Samsung service, and they said to me that as is an USA region model, they not able to reflash firmware, and that only way is to assume the costs of replace screen and ahardware by a high costs...

So, I recover my Watch without any works made by samsung service, and then look for the info and read the tuorials around here in XDA, about reflash by my own my watch wit NetOdin and proper firmware files.

So I paid and downloded the firmwares R825USQU1CUA2 and R825USQU1BTJ6, that was the latest and latest previous for my watch model from the website "Full Stock Firmware", and all the process and zips seems fine, so I try at first to full flash my watch with NetOdin with the R825USQU1CUA2 (already installed in watch by OTA upgrade), But NetOdin FAILS with an error "Not Supported Files"... but the files are the same version, so I try also with the other previously version R825USQU1BTJ6, with the same error...

Since by now my watch is still botting fine in Recovery menu, and also connects fine to Wireless Download to my PC, I choose to halt, and prefer to ask here for help, because I dind tunderstand why the file is not flashing in my watch, and would like to avoid brick more my watch. By Now the screen is not responding anymore, however the watch respond fin by buttons and seems to boot to initail screen fine but no responds to any touchscreen button (however, round the border son clicks are feel but no action on screen is show)

I add screen shots of the errors if may help that somebody here could help.

Please excuse my long post, but I prefer to detail in order to avoid confusion and may be more usefull if somebody could help. Bets regards
SM-825U-SoftwaresVersions.jpg
SM-825U-NetOdin3_Flash_Initial_State_1.jpg

SM-825U-NetOdin3_Flash_Initial_Options_2.jpg
SM-825U-NetOdin3_Flash_Fail_Logs_3.jpg

xaser66

Oct 4, 2010
First of all, please excuse about my long initial post... I may guess if may be bother and not encourage to help...

Well, said above... by now I paid and try, 2 different combination firmwares (FT55_R825USQU1ATK1 and R825USQU1AUA4) that I found on web for SM-R825U model, but sadly, they make my situation worst...

I flash them as AP partition, and the process starts and seems to go fine, but at almost 99%, NetOdin Shows FAIL and ends the flash process, with error.

"Fail : Not supported files"

By now my watch still boots on recovery menu and also connects fine with Wifi, and NetOdin reocgnizes it, but if I try to flash the AP partitions of the Stock Firmwares that I have. NetOdin aborts process with the same error:

"Fail : Not supported files"

So, by now, I am without clue why NetOdin refuses to recognize the Stock Firmware files as supported and why didn't allow me to flash the AP or none of the other partitions with the Stock Firmware files...

If may be possible, for some friend around here, to help or may be a suggestion/clue, about this NetOdin Fail, I really appreciate it, and would be very gratefull.

Thaks for kind attention and best regards.

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
I am soo lazy at the moment. And playing Evolution 2 Game.. Battle for Utopia...

IMHO few posts and/or threads with answers...

Again I am lazy...

If still no solution and it seems other users also la... ehm busy...

You can write Conversation/Private Mail to me...

Maybe I can stop few seconds playing Evolution 2 for you. :alien:

Best Regards

Reactions: xaser66

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
Oh... okay...

Time for tiny hint...
netOdin "talks" to you... you see in your Screenshots Log...

With 7Zip Tool you can identify this additional crap...
And it is possible to repack...

Reason for this... only 1 netOdin Version leaked...
And this Version is very old... IMHO 5 years or something close to this...

Samsu.g is "famous" for funny and useless ehm powerfull changes to motivate end users...

Especially if we use sto.en Software unauthorized...

Best Regards

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
Next hint is...

Rollback Prevention CRAP

Alphabet skills usefull to identify old and maybe more dangerous "outdated" Firmware Files...

Seems better I continue to play Evolution 2.

Best Regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am soo lazy at the moment. And playing Evolution 2 Game.. Battle for Utopia...

IMHO few posts and/or threads with answers...

Again I am lazy...

If still no solution and it seems other users also la... ehm busy...

You can write Conversation/Private Mail to me...

Maybe I can stop few seconds playing Evolution 2 for you. :alien:

Best Regards
    Oh... okay...

Time for tiny hint...
    netOdin "talks" to you... you see in your Screenshots Log...

With 7Zip Tool you can identify this additional crap...
    And it is possible to repack...

Reason for this... only 1 netOdin Version leaked...
    And this Version is very old... IMHO 5 years or something close to this...

Samsu.g is "famous" for funny and useless ehm powerfull changes to motivate end users...

Especially if we use sto.en Software unauthorized...

Best Regards
    Next hint is...

Rollback Prevention CRAP

Alphabet skills usefull to identify old and maybe more dangerous "outdated" Firmware Files...

Seems better I continue to play Evolution 2.

Best Regards
    Hi @adfree and thank for take time to help.

I would PM you and thank for kind help.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone