• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Screen feels a bit hollow

Search This thread

BJozi

May 22, 2012
I'm wondering if it's just my phone or if they are all like this.

When tapping the screen with my finger/nail it feels a bit hollow or tin-y if that makes sense?

Anyone else?

big_b0sss

Feb 17, 2012
Belfast
Exactly what i noticed first thing I started using this phone. Coming from oneplus 8pro taping on screen on oneplus 8pro feels more sturdier compare to pixel.

wazka2

May 21, 2011
Coming from 3xl I have noticed it pretty much straight away. I can live with it but personally that bothers me more than plastic back would.

Overall phone is a mixed feeling experience without real alternative in my eyes. Roll on Pixel 6 ?

aurichie

May 23, 2012
The Pixel 5 display feels a little spongey to me like the budget iPad with its non-laminated display. I didn't find it particularly pleasing when I first started using it, but I'm getting used to it now and find it less bothersome.

Michael1200

Nov 16, 2016
The Pixel 5 display feels a little spongey to me like the budget iPad with its non-laminated display. I didn't find it particularly pleasing when I first started using it, but I'm getting used to it now and find it less bothersome.

Same with my P5. What I particularly noticed is that the screen at the top right feels most "hollow" and makes some kind of rattling noise (if you get what I mean). I suppose this is either because of the inscreen speaker at the top, or because of the camera OIS? Do you get that different noise too when tapping at the top right display area?