Screen gets pixelated and phone crashes. What might be wrong?

Search This thread

bharganwar

Oct 23, 2016
Mumbai
I have a OP3 for 2 years. It is running stock OxygenOS 5.0.6 with f2fs partitions. For the last year, the screen gets pixelated and the phone hangs and switches off. It can be restarted almost immediately. This usually happens randomly and is accompanied by a loud beep sound when it happens while watching videos.

I have noticed that the top right edge of the screen is popping slightly (barely noticeable like 2mm from its normal position) out from the frame.

I have tried resetting the phone several times to no avail.

This crash is happening several times a day now instead of once a week like earlier.

Is there something wrong with the display or logic board or some loose connector? Wanted to know if anybody has a fix for this.

Attachments

• IMG_20171013_204843.jpg
    IMG_20171013_204843.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 79

garzacorporations

Mar 12, 2011
Valencia
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I have a OP3 for 2 years. It is running stock OxygenOS 5.0.6 with f2fs partitions. For the last year, the screen gets pixelated and the phone hangs and switches off. It can be restarted almost immediately. This usually happens randomly and is accompanied by a loud beep sound when it happens while watching videos.

I have noticed that the top right edge of the screen is popping slightly (barely noticeable like 2mm from its normal position) out from the frame.

This crash is happening several times a day now instead of once a week like earlier.

Is there something wrong with the display or logic board or some loose connector? Wanted to know if anybody has a fix for this.
That happened to me and it was a faulty mother board. It took me to send it to repair twice as their standard test showed everything was ok and they never tested it with use only connected to program and ran tests.

Reactions: bharganwar

armsel

Jan 3, 2015
I hand the same color pixels after the last update 5.0.6, few times but differnet scenario - the phone was entering deep sleep and shuting down (usualy when charging), I got this pixels few times on black screen - when trying to "wake it up".

What solved it for me - I disabled "advanced battery optimisation" from the battery menue -since then it is stable.
Not sure it will help you - but you can try it.

Good luck!

Reactions: bharganwar

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That happened to me and it was a faulty mother board. It took me to send it to repair twice as their standard test showed everything was ok and they never tested it with use only connected to program and ran tests.
    I hand the same color pixels after the last update 5.0.6, few times but differnet scenario - the phone was entering deep sleep and shuting down (usualy when charging), I got this pixels few times on black screen - when trying to "wake it up".

What solved it for me - I disabled "advanced battery optimisation" from the battery menue -since then it is stable.
    Not sure it will help you - but you can try it.

Good luck!