Screen gone crazy...phone won't stay on.

Search This thread

erad1

Dec 3, 2010
MiamiBeach
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10206179250746324&l=2423528147421666342
Anyone else experience this? I replaced the screen (cracked) 2 years ago but this just started recently. It doesn't usually even boot most times and when it does it's not for more than a few minutes then I get this. Not sure if this may be motherboard issue but any ideas would be greatly appreciated...I love this phone and want to get it working again. I won't let it die like this.
?

Last edited:

creepyncrawly

Sep 3, 2010
This doesn't look like a firmware issue to me. But then what do I know?

Anyway, the standard trouble shooting step would be to flash back to stock and see if the behavior continues. You might try putting the phone into download mode first without flashing anything, to see if it will have the same problem after a few minutes, because if the phone does this during the critical part of a flash, no telling if the flash would be good or cause a brick.

If you become sure it is a hardware problem and you want to discuss this further, please pm me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This doesn't look like a firmware issue to me. But then what do I know?

Anyway, the standard trouble shooting step would be to flash back to stock and see if the behavior continues. You might try putting the phone into download mode first without flashing anything, to see if it will have the same problem after a few minutes, because if the phone does this during the critical part of a flash, no telling if the flash would be good or cause a brick.

If you become sure it is a hardware problem and you want to discuss this further, please pm me.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone