• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Screen green tint?

Search This thread

Andrew Lin

Jan 19, 2013
Sony Xperia 1 III
When I place Poco F2 pro right next to LG G8 the Poco F2 pro is obviously more green. I just used a page of xda to compare. Its much worse when viewed at an angle. When I had LG v30, I had 2 and one of them was green the other had a beautiful accurate screen. So I know this could be a quality control issue. I wonder if it's just my device that has this problem or do you guys have it too? Actually it might be caused by the screen protector too, has anyone taken it off? What do you see?

reliot

Apr 20, 2017
It must be quality control issue. Both my k20 Pro and K30 pro Zoom edition have beautiful screen. The note 7 Pro is terrible (LCD screen). I also have iPhone SE (2020) it has worse screen.

Andrew Lin

Jan 19, 2013
Sony Xperia 1 III
When I place Poco F2 pro right next to LG G8 the Poco F2 pro is obviously more green. I just used a page of xda to compare. Its much worse when viewed at an angle. When I had LG v30, I had 2 and one of them was green the other had a beautiful accurate screen. So I know this could be a quality control issue. I wonder if it's just my device that has this problem or do you guys have it too? Actually it might be caused by the screen protector too, has anyone taken it off? What do you see?

It must be quality control issue. Both my k20 Pro and K30 pro Zoom edition have beautiful screen. The note 7 Pro is terrible (LCD screen). I also have iPhone SE (2020) it has worse screen.
Do you have a beautiful screen even with a screen protector?

reliot

Apr 20, 2017

I did a better comparison today with daylight.
I do use glass screenprotector but i dont think it has any negative effect. The screen has noticable color shift (wave like) when you look phone screen from the right. From other sides its OK.

Edit: i compered to my k20 pro and iPhone SE (2020). The k20 Pro has also color shift from the right (same pattern wave like) but way less than my K30 Pro Zoom edition. iPhone SE has maybe little color shift to the blueish-magenta color.
I tested on white background with full brightness on all phones. On straight on view all 3 phones have no green or yellow color wave shift.

Edit2: I did have green tint on K20 Pro when i installed 75 Hz mod in low brightness. Thats why i removed it

Last edited:
Reactions: Hot-Proton

reliot

Apr 20, 2017
Why only from the right? Do you think there's something wrong with your phone too?

I dont know why only from the right. It reminds me IPS panels. IPS panels have also this wave like pattern (but white color-the screen glowes) when viewed from sides (my note 7 pro and my Dell monitor).

Do you see the green tint straight on with white background?

Andrew Lin

Jan 19, 2013
Sony Xperia 1 III
I dont know why only from the right. It reminds me IPS panels. IPS panels have also this wave like pattern (but white color-the screen glowes) when viewed from sides (my note 7 pro and my Dell monitor).

Do you see the green tint straight on with white background?
Yea like this

Attachments

• 20200619_215739.jpg
    20200619_215739.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 867

Andrew Lin

Jan 19, 2013
Sony Xperia 1 III
Interesting, thats really bad on yours. How does it look when you switch to original color gamus. I think its software. Also I always use original color gamut, i hate when phones change color based on lightning or time of the day.
what's your brightness level in those pics? I will take a comparison picture. Also what phone did you use to take the photos

GoldeneyeS2

Mar 29, 2016
Maybe a stupid question but did you remove the stock screen protector.
I notice the stock screen protector when I want to apply my termpered class version. :D

Andrew Lin

Jan 19, 2013
Sony Xperia 1 III
I do use glass screenprotector but i dont think it has any negative effect. The screen has noticable color shift (wave like) when you look phone screen from the right. From other sides its OK.

Edit: i compered to my k20 pro and iPhone SE (2020). The k20 Pro has also color shift from the right (same pattern wave like) but way less than my K30 Pro Zoom edition. iPhone SE has maybe little color shift to the blueish-magenta color.
I tested on white background with full brightness on all phones. On straight on view all 3 phones have no green or yellow color wave shift.

Edit2: I did have green tint on K20 Pro when i installed 75 Hz mod in low brightness. Thats why i removed it

Maybe a stupid question but did you remove the stock screen protector.
I notice the stock screen protector when I want to apply my termpered class version. :D
No and that's why I asked people if the screen is beautiful even with the protector on. I am afraid taking it off would affect return. Do you see a big difference after taking it off

Grantius

Sep 6, 2013
My brand new F2 Pro is extremely green as well. Compared to my Mi9 it's waaaaaaaaaaay off

Argifot

Jun 24, 2020
On my device I do not see green tint but I have black crush which the only way to make it go away is to enable dc dimming and using automatic or saturated mode. Also on light gray colors i see that the screen is not uniform. It is a bit more bright on top and bottom. Mi9t had a lot better screen... Disappointed totally.

CPlet

Jan 3, 2014
I got a Poco F2 Pro piss edition...
Waiting on my second one, hope this will be okay. Else this was my first and last xiaomi device.
9JksKgR.jpg

gUQ9stR.jpg

nqsba9L.jpg

Depending on the brightness it is better or worse. But even at 100% it is notable on everything from white to grey. All apps show this Problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Interesting, thats really bad on yours. How does it look when you switch to original color gamus. I think its software. Also I always use original color gamut, i hate when phones change color based on lightning or time of the day.
    I have it too and it's very very noticeable.

I got a Poco F2 Pro piss edition...
    Waiting on my second one, hope this will be okay. Else this was my first and last xiaomi device.
    Depending on the brightness it is better or worse. But even at 100% it is notable on everything from white to grey. All apps show this Problem.

That looks totally like a defect, hope you are getting the good one after this. Viel Glueck!