Screen lock issue during calls

DJouneyt

Jun 22, 2011
Istanbul
Hi there,

I am facing screen lock issue during calls (phone, WhatsApp, Telegram, etc.) after updating from Android 10 to MIUI Global 12.1.1.0(RFNMIXM).

I have uploaded a video where you can see on the right phone screen is not locking even after a push of power button. The screen is turning off for a short time, and later it's turning on automatically. Is there any known solution for that? I haven't faced this before, and proximity sensor is working but not fully unfortunately.

Device: Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite
Only official and stable ROMs have been flashed via OTA, locked boatloader, no ROOT

BoBoGrEy

Jun 29, 2010
Porto
Hi there,

I am facing screen lock issue during calls (phone, WhatsApp, Telegram, etc.) after updating from Android 10 to MIUI Global 12.1.1.0(RFNMIXM).

I have uploaded a video where you can see on the right phone screen is not locking even after a push of power button. The screen is turning off for a short time, and later it's turning on automatically. Is there any known solution for that? I haven't faced this before, and proximity sensor is working but not fully unfortunately.

Device: Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite
Only official and stable ROMs have been flashed via OTA, locked boatloader, no ROOT
Hi,

I too upgraded from 12.0.3.0 to 12.1.1.0 Official MIUI Global, and I have the same issue.
I think it's some kind of bug, one of some bugs that came with Android 11 ROM.

I'm thinking of flashing xiaomi.eu ROM to see if the problem still occurs, but I still have to wait to unlock the bootloader.

Reactions: DJouneyt

DJouneyt

Jun 22, 2011
Istanbul
Hello, here is an update on the issue. A member from another forum did factory reset several times, but without success. Actually, I was also thinking to do that. Later he responded that issue has been solved by disabling "always on display". I have tried it, but the issue was still there. And tried another solution shared, turning off "Show fingerprint icon when the screen is off" which worked fortunately. Later, I have seen that the issue was solved temporarily, and the first solution really works for me currently.

Interesting thing is that some users have not faced this, but some did have. We should somehow report this to MIUI.

Last edited: