Screen mirroring without wifi

Search This thread

thorosso

Nov 24, 2013
I have always been able to perform screen mirroring from my Android phone to Chromecast without WiFi. The initial setup required a second phone, but after that all I had to do was to enable WiFi hotspot in my cell phone, open Chromecast APP and activate screen mirroring. A few days ago Google released a new version of Chromecast APP that checks if WiFi is connected before enabling screen mirroring. This new APP made my setup not work anymore. Does anyone have a solution, other than keeping the APP in the previous version? Thanks in advance!

Mucky2

Jan 7, 2013
Did you try to activate WLAN on your phone before you turn on your hotspot?

Gesendet von meinem SM-N920C mit Tapatalk

xxspookyxx

Mar 25, 2011
Hey thorosso, i never had a Chromecast. but I need .
I wanna know if with chromecast I can use my phone as a hotspot , and connect the chromecast it without a third device?
Or if necessary the third device will only make the primary configuration and leave saved or will always need a third device ?
My only function would be to mirror the screen.

I saw the Miracast , but say it is very slow compared to chromecast 2.0.

thorosso

Nov 24, 2013
I wanna know if with chromecast I can use my phone as a hotspot , and connect the chromecast it without a third device?
Or if necessary the third device will only make the primary configuration and leave saved or will always need a third device ?

Yes, you can use it as a Hotspot and mirror your screen simultaneously. First time you will need a second device to setup your chromecast: enable Hotspot in your primary phone and configure chromecast through your second device. That's it! The problem is that after Google updated the chromecast app, it no longer works, because the app disables WiFi before mirroring. So you will have to install previous versions from chromecast app via apk (any version with old icon) and disable auto update.

Reactions: dabombcra

xxspookyxx

Mar 25, 2011
this is a big **** :(
The old version will work with a Chromecast 2?
I think are bad idea bought the chromecast 2 because this update.

In old version the changes settings were saved? or i always need a third device to make setup?

xxspookyxx

Mar 25, 2011
I see the problem you saying.. I Installed the New Chromecast app just for see it.
But... you already tried pull up notitications and press Cast Screen option? the Chromecast TV dont show up?

thorosso

Nov 24, 2013
Hey mate can you give me the steps to run screenmirror without wifi? this is something i want to try without using wifi.

Thanks alot for the apk also.

It will only work in the previous version of the Chromecast app (the one I posted the link). First time you will need a second device to setup your chromecast: enable Hotspot in your primary phone (the one you want to do the screen mirroring) and configure chromecast through your second device (open Chromecast app and configure the device to use your first device hotspot connection). Keep your hotspot turned on. Open Chromecast app in your first device and through the menu, select "Cast screen". That's it!

Don't forget to disable the auto update in chromecast app. Good luck!

BleedingIris

Aug 12, 2012
HEAVEN
It will only work in the previous version of the Chromecast app (the one I posted the link). First time you will need a second device to setup your chromecast: enable Hotspot in your primary phone (the one you want to do the screen mirroring) and configure chromecast through your second device (open Chromecast app and configure the device to use your first device hotspot connection). Keep your hotspot turned on. Open Chromecast app in your first device and through the menu, select "Cast screen". That's it!

Don't forget to disable the auto update in chromecast app. Good luck!

@thorosso
Any update on this?
Does the latest Chromecast apk also not allow streaming without a second device?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes, you can use it as a Hotspot and mirror your screen simultaneously. First time you will need a second device to setup your chromecast: enable Hotspot in your primary phone and configure chromecast through your second device. That's it! The problem is that after Google updated the chromecast app, it no longer works, because the app disables WiFi before mirroring. So you will have to install previous versions from chromecast app via apk (any version with old icon) and disable auto update.