screen not registering inputs after update to LineageOS 19.1

Search This thread

baseballbatboy26

Sep 10, 2022
So I performed the upgrade from LineageOS 18.1 to LineageOS 19.1 via the following links: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/instantnoodle/fw_update & https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/instantnoodle/install

All seemed well with no problems, but now when I boot up the device (instantnoodle) It starts up normally but then the screen does not register inputs.
So I can't get past the pin for my SIM or the startup screen you get when first startup LineageOS 19.1

What I have done is go back to recovery and did a Factory reset and format all data.

But this did not make things better..

Does anyone have an idea if there is a work around for this problem?

:unsure:

baseballbatboy26

Sep 10, 2022
So I performed the upgrade from LineageOS 18.1 to LineageOS 19.1 via the following links: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/instantnoodle/fw_update & https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/instantnoodle/install

All seemed well with no problems, but now when I boot up the device (instantnoodle) It starts up normally but then the screen does not register inputs.
So I can't get past the pin for my SIM or the startup screen you get when first startup LineageOS 19.1

What I have done is go back to recovery and did a Factory reset and format all data.

But this did not make things better..

Does anyone have an idea if there is a work around for this problem?

:unsure:
SOLVED. Used the newest OTA Update

meowXda

Nov 29, 2022
Boot into TWRP instead of LOS Recovery
-- Factory Reset, then Format data / factory reset
-- Reflash ROM

You can always revert to a previous build to test for firmware issues.
I'm unable to turn off my phone now, because touchscreen doesn't work, only the physical buttons work

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
Is it a bricked phone right?
Your device is not bricked
-- Hard bricked devices will show few or no signs of life. A hard bricked device does not power on or show any vendor logo
-- A "soft bricked" device may show signs of life, but fails to boot or may display an error screen
-- Soft bricked devices can usually be fixed

meowXda

Nov 29, 2022
-- Hard bricked devices will show few or no signs of life. A hard bricked device does not power on or show any vendor logo
-- A "soft bricked" device may show signs of life, but fails to boot or may display an error screen
IMG_20221130_071305.jpg
IMG_20221130_071310.jpg

meowXda

Nov 29, 2022
Can I flash my device with other rom such as PE without going back to oxygen os.

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
Can I flash my device with other rom such as PE without going back to oxygen os.
If you are thinking about immediately flashing another Custom ROM without rectifying your current issue, you might be in for a rude awakening.
-- Usually, you can flash another Custom ROM by performing a complete factory reset.
-- In your case, start fresh and somewhat new from OOS
-- Remember not to flash a Custom ROM on top of another Custom ROM without clearing the cobwebs.
-- Read, proof-read and read a third time the installation instructions from the developer of each ROM.

OCD Moment: I find myself factory resetting three times between flashing different Custom ROMs

meowXda

Nov 29, 2022
If you are thinking about immediately flashing another Custom ROM without rectifying your current issue, you might be in for a rude awakening.
-- Usually, you can flash another Custom ROM by performing a complete factory reset.
-- Remember not to flash a Custom ROM on top of another Custom ROM without clearing the cobwebs.
-- Read, proof-read and read a third time the installation instructions from the developer of each ROM.

OCD Moment: I find myself factory resetting three times between flashing different Custom ROMs
I found that my touchscreen won't work even in the recovery mode(lineage os 19 recovery mode)

meowXda

Nov 29, 2022

I don't if it's the problem with lineageos or my phone itself

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You were not supposed to factory reset and reflash a build of Lineage again or any other Custom ROM for that matter
    -- It's imperative that you MSM back to OOS to ensure that the digitizer is not the culprit.

It depends on your interpretation of bricked.

First Method​

1. To begin with, power off the device.
    2. Then press the Volume Up and Down keys together and your device shall boot to EDL Mode.
    3. Keeping both the volume keys pressed, connect the device to the PC via USB cable.
    4. Then release the Volume Keys and hit the Start Button on the MSM Tool.

Second Method​

1. Launch MSM and click Start [you will get the “waiting for device” message]
    2. Turn off your device and connect one end of the USB cable to your PC.
    3. Then connect the other end to your device.
    4. Now press the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power keys together for a few seconds.
    5. the MSM tool will recognize your device and it will start the flashing process.

Third Method​

1. Power off your device.
    2. Then press and hold the Volume Up key for 5 seconds.
    3. Now connect your device to the PC via USB cable.
    4. Release the Volume Keys and hit the Start Button on the MSM Tool.
    I unbricked my phone 😄