screen not registering inputs after update to LineageOS 19.1

Search This thread

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
I found that my touchscreen won't work even in the recovery mode(lineage os 19 recovery mode)
If the touchscreen issue derives from the ROM, it is not going to respond even from recovery mode because your device is still running Lineage OS 19.
I don't if it's the problem with lineageos or my phone itself
Which brings you back to my previous post #14.
-- Reseat your device back to OOS or flash another Custom ROM to determine whether or not the device or the nightly LOS ROM is the culprit.

meowXda

Nov 29, 2022
If the touchscreen issue derives from the ROM, it is not going to respond even from recovery mode because your device is still running Lineage OS 19.

-- Reseat your device back to OOS or flash another Custom ROM to determine whether or not the device or the nightly LOS ROM is the culprit.
I am going to try PE, hope it work, but I am now unable to get into recovery mode, waiting for the battery to die so i can get into the recovery mode again,...

meowXda

Nov 29, 2022
I am going to try PE, hope it work, but I am now unable to get into recovery mode, waiting for the battery to die so i can get into the recovery mode again,...

my device is an Onepluse 8T from mainland China, which originally runs with HydrogenOs then I flash OOS before flashing LOS

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
There is no need to wait for your battery to deplete on its own.
-- In the event that you unable to work with recovery mode, you need to MSM back to OOS.
-- Bear in mind that you do not need to use the digitizer when working with the MSM Tool.
my device is an Onepluse 8T from mainland China, which originally runs with HydrogenOs then I flash OOS before flashing LOS
I would have to assume that your digitizer was functional when you flashed OOS before you flashed LOS.

meowXda

Nov 29, 2022
There is no need to wait for your battery to deplete on its own.
-- In the event that you unable to work with recovery mode, you need to MSM back to OOS.
-- Bear in mind that you do not need to use the digitizer when working with the MSM Tool.

I would have to assume that your digitizer was functional when you flashed OOS before you flashed LOS.
Learned a lot from you. YES My screen work well before flashing LOS. Do you mean I can use MSM to flash other ROM as well?

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
Learned a lot from you. YES My screen work well before flashing LOS. Do you mean I can use MSM to flash other ROM as well?
The MSM Tool primary purpose is to bring your device back to out-of-the-box factory specs.
-- MSM Download Tool can be used to bypass FRP, unlock pattern lock, gain root access, and install Stock or Custom ROM
-- You might face some errors during the Custom ROM installation process which can render your device useless
-- I do not recommend using the MSM Tool to flash any Custom ROM
-- You will run the risk of bricking in the process of rooting or flashing a Custom ROM or recovery using MSM
-- Wait for the next nightly LOS build to be released if you are adamant about using LOS

Last edited:

meowXda

Nov 29, 2022
The MSM Tool primary purpose is to bring your device back to out-of-the-box factory specs.
-- MSM Download Tool can be used to bypass FRP, unlock pattern lock, gain root access, and install Stock or Custom ROM
-- You might face some errors during the Custom ROM installation process which can render your device useless
-- I do not recommend using the MSM Tool to flash any Custom ROM
-- You will run the risk of bricking in the process of rooting or flashing a Custom ROM or recovery using MSM
-- Wait for the next nightly LOS build to be released if you are adamant about using LOS
I tried one of the older nightly release of LOS 19 and it wasn't working either.

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
Everything went well. I factory reset before flashing everything.
You stated that everything went well. Does that mean that your digitizer is functional?
I followed the instructions provided by LOS, I think that should have overwritten all imgs of the previous ROM,. Right?
The Lineage Team knows best. Always wipe and re-wipe before flashing. Do not assume that any files and/or imgs will be overwritten.
Should I fastboot erase data before flashing a new ROM?
Usually, because the old OS needs to get replaced by the new one. If you didn't do factory reset, then you will either stuck in a bootloop or your device may be softbricked.

You might want to consider resetting your device again to avoid any small issues with that ROM. Enter settings and perform a hard reset.

meowXda

Nov 29, 2022
You stated that everything went well. Does that mean that your digitizer is functional?

The Lineage Team knows best. Always wipe and re-wipe before flashing. Do not assume that any files and/or imgs will be overwritten.

Usually, because the old OS needs to get replaced by the new one. If you didn't do factory reset, then you will either stuck in a bootloop or your device may be softbricked.

You might want to consider resetting your device again to avoid any small issues with that ROM. Enter settings and perform a hard reset.
No screen doesn't respond to touch... Just Like LOS

meowXda

Nov 29, 2022

I'm thinking about using MSM to get back to OOS..

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
No screen doesn't respond to touch... Just Like LOS
You were not supposed to factory reset and reflash a build of Lineage again or any other Custom ROM for that matter
-- It's imperative that you MSM back to OOS to ensure that the digitizer is not the culprit.

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
I have finally bricked my phone 🤣🤣🤣
It depends on your interpretation of bricked.

First Method​

1. To begin with, power off the device.
  2. Then press the Volume Up and Down keys together and your device shall boot to EDL Mode.
  3. Keeping both the volume keys pressed, connect the device to the PC via USB cable.
  4. Then release the Volume Keys and hit the Start Button on the MSM Tool.

Second Method​

1. Launch MSM and click Start [you will get the “waiting for device” message]
  2. Turn off your device and connect one end of the USB cable to your PC.
  3. Then connect the other end to your device.
  4. Now press the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power keys together for a few seconds.
  5. the MSM tool will recognize your device and it will start the flashing process.

Third Method​

1. Power off your device.
  2. Then press and hold the Volume Up key for 5 seconds.
  3. Now connect your device to the PC via USB cable.
  4. Release the Volume Keys and hit the Start Button on the MSM Tool.

meowXda

Nov 29, 2022
You were not supposed to factory reset and reflash a build of Lineage again or any other Custom ROM for that matter
-- It's imperative that you MSM back to OOS to ensure that the digitizer is not the culprit.

First Method​

2. Then press the Volume Up and Down keys together and your device shall boot to EDL Mode.
  3. Keeping both the volume keys pressed, connect the device to the PC via USB cable.

Second Method​

4. Now press the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power keys together for a few seconds.
  5. the MSM tool will recognize your device and it will start the flashing process.

Third Method​

I unbricked my phone 😄

Reactions: rodken

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

First Method​

Second Method​

Third Method​

I unbricked my phone 😄