travishamockery

Nov 18, 2006
this App just got updated today to support Nexus Imprint -

Screen Lock Pro
Prahallad

WHAT'S NEW
v2.7p
7. Nexus Imprint support added.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iglint.android.screenlockpro&hl=en

Thanks for the heads up. Tried it, takes 10 seconds to lock the phone and it kinda lags you from turning it back on quickly if you forgot to do something. It does work though, hopefully they can make it work a bit quicker in the future.

Reactions: MRFERRARI23

Kusanagi Fire

Aug 29, 2010
Redondo Beach, CA
how difficult is the Tasker + AutoInput piece to set up? can you or someone else here provide some instructions? thanks!

It's technically not that difficult to do and can be done without AutoInput. I use a shell command with "input keyevent 26" (which is the power button) and then map the task to Nova Launcher's double tap. Of course, this solution requires root, which doesn't help the folks who wish to stay completely stock.

I too was frustrated using screen off apps on my 6P because all of them would secure lock the phone. This also happened to me with Smartlock on Lollipop, which is why I ultimately settled on Tasker (and root) as a solution.

Gekko2

Mar 28, 2010
It's technically not that difficult to do and can be done without AutoInput. I use a shell command with "input keyevent 26" (which is the power button) and then map the task to Nova Launcher's double tap. Of course, this solution requires root, which doesn't help the folks who wish to stay completely stock.

I too was frustrated using screen off apps on my 6P because all of them would secure lock the phone. This also happened to me with Smartlock on Lollipop, which is why I ultimately settled on Tasker (and root) as a solution.

yeah the problem is i'm not Rooted and i don't want to be. i'll just have to wait for Google to provide the APIs for Developers to be able to offer an elegant solution. it looks like they are aware of the problem as it not only affects Nexus Imprint but also Smart Lock -

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=79735

Last edited:

Gekko2

Mar 28, 2010
Thanks for the heads up. Tried it, takes 10 seconds to lock the phone and it kinda lags you from turning it back on quickly if you forgot to do something. It does work though, hopefully they can make it work a bit quicker in the future.

Gravity Screen works a little faster. it has "Smart Lock support: It's a workaround to make the Smart lock feature work fine on devices with Lollipop." be sure to turn it on in the App settings.

also - it allows you to select "Lock" Shortcut as a Nova Gesture. requires Paid Version.

Gravity Screen - On/Off
Plexnor

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.plexnor.gravityscreenofffree&hl=en

NCguy

Jul 4, 2010
NC
Gravity Screen works a little faster. it has "Smart Lock support: It's a workaround to make the Smart lock feature work fine on devices with Lollipop." be sure to turn it on in the App settings.

also - it allows you to select "Lock" Shortcut as a Nova Gesture. requires Paid Version.

Gravity Screen - On/Off
Plexnor

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.plexnor.gravityscreenofffree&hl=en
The nova gesture only works from the launcher screens correct? Any workaround for that?

sixcoronas

Nov 27, 2009
Texas

Gravity Screen - On/Off
Plexnor

This is all I needed. I have double tap gesture set with Nova.

Thanks.

Reactions: plexnor

GZA1337

Jun 15, 2011
Vienna
yeah the problem is i'm not Rooted and i don't want to be. i'll just have to wait for Google to provide the APIs for Developers to be able to offer an elegant solution. it looks like they are aware of the problem as it not only affects Nexus Imprint but also Smart Lock -

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=79735

I can confirm. It also affects the Galaxy S6. Smart Lock gets broken if apps like "screen off and lock" are used. I could solve this problem using "root" apps to lock the screen like "all in one gestures". Maybe this helps someone

Bigal77

Aug 25, 2010
Montreal
So is there an app that solves this for a non rooted device? I don't want to spend 3 bucks and have to wait 10 seconds but I may of no other choice

Scarygore

May 18, 2010
Manchester
Screen lock pro works for me. Couldn't seem to get gravity screen configured properly... But that could just have been me.
The delay doesn't seem to be in turning off the screen, that happens straight away. There's a pause before the phone sleeps where I can't turn the screen back on.
I wouldn't say its 10 seconds, more like 5. I can live with that.

Reactions: darfbozo

Bigal77

Aug 25, 2010
Montreal
Screen lock pro works for me. Couldn't seem to get gravity screen configured properly... But that could just have been me.
The delay doesn't seem to be in turning off the screen, that happens straight away. There's a pause before the phone sleeps where I can't turn the screen back on.
I wouldn't say its 10 seconds, more like 5. I can live with that.

Bought it and works great
No delay whatsoever.... I think the ten seconds is the delay to attempt to unlock again but why would I unlock it within ten seconds of closing it?

Non issue. Highly recommended

Reactions: darfbozo

scottjal

Sep 28, 2012
Thank you, gravity worked for me.

Basically I turned off everything except the smart lock support. Then added the widget for "off" (not the one for lock) to the home screen.

Works fine but you can see the way it works is by setting your screen timeout to 15 seconds and dimming the screen to wait those 15 seconds once you hit the widget. If you hit where the dim home button is you can cancel it.

If you wanted a longer screen timeout setting that under display in settings doesn't appear to change gravity, the two are divorced after doing that.

To an interesting workaround that most of the screen off apps appear to be implementing now that fingerprint is in use.

Reactions: NCguy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Whenever I can I try to use software to lock my Nexus 6P (running Marshmallow 6.0 with Nexus Imprint Fingerprint Scanner) (to save the power button) - all of the non-root apps that I've tried including "Screen Off and Lock" lock the device, but then I cannot unlock it again using the fingerprint sensor. I have to manually input my pattern/password after touching the sensor, which kind of defeats the purpose. For some reason Android will require a password and not let you unlock with fingerprint if you turn off and lock the screen with such apps. Any thoughts? Any fix ideas? I've already emailed Katecca the Developer of "Screen Off and Lock" asking for help.

Waking/Unlocking is so effortless on the N6P with the fingerprint scanner i'm looking for an effortless way to lock it without having to press the power button. And i like my 2 minute screen lock timeout so i don't want to shorten it. A "Double Tap" or other gesture to lock and off the screen would be great. Especially for the N6P which is a HUGE phone the power button is not always easy to navigate to - especially with the volume buttons so close.

* credit to Yangumasuta on reddit.
    confirming greenify + nova doesn't work. I've tried many apps to turn screen off but none of them work with nexus 5x/6p.
    also tried nova's build in lock screen and that didn't work either.

main problem is that while turning the screen on. the device asks for pattern/pin which is counter productive.

the only thing left to test is cataclysm rom which has swipe to sleep feature. I hope that won't interfere with imprint. alternatively chroma rom should have that feature too.
    If you're rooted Nova screen off option works fine without locking the the device. There is an option under advanced settings in Nova (see screenshot) to have the screen lock work in root mode. That way it stops from actually locking the phone and only turns off the screen.
    uploadfromtaptalk1449644226445.png

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    per another user -

This app is working fine to turn screen off, and is compatible with SmartLock. It requires root permissions.

Screen Off for Root Users
    RYO Software

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ryosoftware.screenoff

Gravity Screen - On/Off
    Plexnor

i used a Tasker task, which uses AutoInput Root and simulated a press of the power button - set the double tap on nova homescreen to that. works perfectly