Screen on time

Search This thread

zeldaxlove64

Jul 26, 2017
i have a S7 on Nougat but my battery drains fast. at 100/100 it shows 11h left. is it normal. now at 68/100 it shows 7h2min. is it normal ? please respond me
at 57/100 i have 6h remaining . SOT is 1h36min since 100/100

1/100 with only 3hr15min SOT. i must admit that my s7 battery drains fast

Youre not alone

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

3 hrs SOT 26% what the hell happened on my battery?

Last edited:

MikeSome1

Jan 9, 2013
AccuBattery says I should get 5 hrs sot with moderate usage, but in my experience, my s7 gets around 3-3.5 hours when browsing web, gaming (around 1-1.5 hour), using maps
Probrably gaming is the main reason for not getting those 5 hrs

Let's be honest these days You have to be able to charge a phone, days of old Nokias lasting weeks are gone ;)

DSF

Apr 16, 2007
mowned.com
AccuBattery says I should get 5 hrs sot with moderate usage, but in my experience, my s7 gets around 3-3.5 hours when browsing web, gaming (around 1-1.5 hour), using maps
Probrably gaming is the main reason for not getting those 5 hrs

Let's be honest these days You have to be able to charge a phone, days of old Nokias lasting weeks are gone ;)
Mike, trust me i was so frustrated because of the ****ty SOT i got with my usage and also how easy and hot this thing get!!!
So my only solution was to get rid of my phone.

And now with the OP5 i can get even 9h of SOT (with not too much idle, about in 20h in total), and in average about 2x-3x battery life of the s7 exynos. Not to mention that the device has much much better perceivedvtemperature. Again, with my usage.

Sorry for mentioning other devices, but after owning multiple Samsung galaxy s devices i got tired and ditch the brand. And boy i am not regretting.

MikeSome1

Jan 9, 2013
My s7 with Exynos also gets very hot sometimes. Maybe You are right that it's just galaxy s phones line problem... maybe with the next "upgrade" I will choose something else than samsung

fracarol

Feb 5, 2016
My s7 too gets very hot, I asked a OP3 owner and his phone does not heat up as the s7. And heat is just energy (from the battery) that goes away instead of being used by the CPU. Samsung has great functions that other don't but the software is everything but efficient. So bye-bye SOT

Us3rNam3d

Sep 28, 2014
Burgas
1 year later i am still getting around 5-6 h of SOT daily , i am using the Batman s8 port, with Notorious kernel. Mixed lte and wifi. location on. aod off. bt and nfc off.

nicocastellarin

Aug 16, 2017
Im getting 2 hs SOT I think there's something wrong with my battery as i have already cleaned cache and restored from default and it didn't solve the problem. In 3 minutes of use 5% of my battery drains

borg17a

Aug 18, 2010
2h SOT - bad signal reception?!

Im getting 2 hs SOT I think there's something wrong with my battery as i have already cleaned cache and restored from default and it didn't solve the problem. In 3 minutes of use 5% of my battery drains

Same here!
I even got a NEW BATTERY - no changes at all. I think it has something to do with bad signal reception. to me it seems like the S7 needs a lot of power for keeping Signal.

fracarol

Feb 5, 2016
Same here!
I even got a NEW BATTERY - no changes at all. I think it has something to do with bad signal reception. to me it seems like the S7 needs a lot of power for keeping Signal.

I thought the same thing, and it starts heating after a while I'm even just playing music (and heat is battery juice)

borg17a

Aug 18, 2010
I thought the same thing, and it starts heating after a while I'm even just playing music (and heat is battery juice)

So you think overheating is related to bad signal reception? I would agree. I often feel the S7 gets warmer when I'm in a train where you hardly get a Signal.

fracarol

Feb 5, 2016
So you think overheating is related to bad signal reception? I would agree. I often feel the S7 gets warmer when I'm in a train where you hardly get a Signal.

I suppose it causes a part of overheating, generally maybe the software could be more optimised, or even the CPU running for nothing. Actually I notice something of overheating also in offline mode with light usage so I just suppose :p (now I'm trying to use the 3G only mode and we'll see)

Last edited:
Reactions: borg17a

DSF

Apr 16, 2007
mowned.com
Mine overheated even with light usage (simple chrome browsing, youtube) with full bars signal. I guess that's why they did mount a passive thermal "pipe".. exynos is a hot beast.. literally :)

fracarol

Feb 5, 2016
When I bought it I though that the thermal pipe was causing me to feel more heat as it pushes out heat, anyway the 14nm should be efficient. I try to keep the energy saving on so it should run at 70% of max frequency (and that should help to cool down) but that's the same. There's something wrong with that heat because the exynos is a "hot beast" (XD) when working hard but I don't think that chrome or music is that heavy usage

rand0m_insanity

Dec 30, 2008
Pasig
I get around 2-3 hours SOT for my S7 when at home. At first I thought it was software, but after a wipe and installing minimal apps, I still get similar results. However, when at work or elsewhere, I get like 4-6 hours SOT.

I noticed at home that I barely get any reception at all. At best, I get 3 bars. Most of the time, a steady 2 bars.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    4 hours 25 seconds SOT 50% left

Easy 7-8 hours SOT with snapdragon 820

Snapdragon kicks ass, too. :)

The sad thing about society (or maybe it's just me) is that despite the fact I have no reason to think you might be lying or in fact that you would have any reason to do so. I still am assuming you are lying or at least fudging the figures by leaving the phone on the desk with the screen on lowest setting and otherwise not using it.

For every phone I have ever owned there's always a small group of people who report essentially double the battery life of every one else including tech review sites.

which means there's either a lot of real weirdos out there trying to get their jollies by lying about their phone battery life. (Unlikely) or there's some other factor I have never identified.
    It's amazing how much we actually use our phones in a given day, especially when we watch "videos"! Rate this thread to express how many hours of screen-on time you can get on the Samsung Galaxy S7 before depleting the battery.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
    Oh my god, why you guys measuring your battery life by SOT?! Are you mad or something? Think for a moment, different brightnes settings, different walpapers, bluetooth, gps, nfc and many many others variables and all you can talk about is "i have 5h sot and you?" - what the hell men? I can easily reach 24h and more of SOT time and that means nothing! What really mean is normal ussage of phone, mine - S7 flat have about 60% battery life left when i get home (unplugged at 7AM, get home about 7 - 8 PM). If you guys want to test your battery life try to play one video from YT at fullscreen, at full brightness, and same settings for BT, GPS, NFS and others. Then you can really compare your results.
    @beezar - yes true thanks for pointing out that the Snapdragon versus Exynos Battery Life Report on Ars Technica is not scientifically valid due to different Networks/Locations of each CPU/ Phone.

Are they on a tight budget and can not get both Versions in the same location at the same time ?

Apparently..

Maybe someone who has an International Unlocked S7 and a Carrier S7 USA will pop a SIM in the Exynos and give us some info .

Again - Tmobile has WiFi Calling and VoLTE so those can be turned off and will probably increase Battery Life ( also scanning for WiFi- OFF) - an International Unlocked Phone will probably not have these features and could skew the comparison results even on the same Network.

GSMArena also reporting similar results.

gsmarena_001.jpg

gsmarena_002.jpg
    Looks like the Exynos version is kicking butt!!!

Yes. Here is a copied excerpt from the Ars Technica Battery Stats on Exynos vs. Qualcomm 820 S7 and S7 Edge:

The surprise is that*the Exynos version does much better in our battery test, with both Exynos models having about 14 percent longer times in the browser test and a whopping 46 percent longer time in the more GPU-heavy WebGL test.*The caveat with these numbers is that we got the Exynos numbers from the team over at Ars UK, meaning the tests were run in different locations. So while the screen brightnesses were the same, these scores could be affected by external factors like ambient temperature, Wi-Fi, LTE signal strength, and more. On the surface, however,*it seems like the Exynos has the edge when it comes to power consumption.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone