Screen on time

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
It's amazing how much we actually use our phones in a given day, especially when we watch "videos"! Rate this thread to express how many hours of screen-on time you can get on the OnePlus 3 before depleting the battery.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

crysen

Nov 14, 2013
Itzehoe
Unboxed it charged it till 99 and started using it. Still on 11% with <5 hours of SOT. Installed apps, using fb and normal browsing. I dont have any complaints with battery
Sounds great so far, knowing that the battery normally becomes better after 2-3 days of charging I hope that we will reach even better SOTs :)

Reactions: jnclocker

GokulVSD

Apr 13, 2014
I bought it on the launch day and conducted the test the next day after a full cycle. At precisely 5 pm I unplugged the device, at 100%, Connected to wifi with brightness at 25%, with auto brightness off. The phone was at 3% the next day at 4 pm. I got about 5 hours and 15 minutes of screen on time, moderately heavy usage, the phone only lost 6% overnight. Made 15 minutes worth of phone calls, light gaming, lots of browsing and video watching. And some apps with location as well. My previous phone was a oneplus one and for my usage, it seems to be giving me better battery life.

K.A.

Apr 4, 2012
Web browsing, transferred around 60 apps from old phone, Whatsapp, an hour and a half of music streaming along with writing using the mobile office app. 70:30 WiFi:3G usage. Battery @9% currently.

Attachments

Doc Moody

Dec 30, 2013
Web browsing, transferred around 60 apps from old phone, Whatsapp, an hour and a half of music streaming along with writing using the mobile office app. 70:30 WiFi:3G usage. Battery @9% currently.
I'm soo ****ing tempted to send my nexus 5x back and get the op3. 400 bucks is a steal with those specs. Also your SOT looks good. Are you using a dark theme and a dark wallpaper or not? From what I've read it comes prerooted?

K.A.

Apr 4, 2012
I'm soo ****ing tempted to send my nexus 5x back and get the op3. 400 bucks is a steal with those specs. Also your SOT looks good. Are you using a dark theme and a dark wallpaper or not? From what I've read it comes prerooted?
Nope. Actually refrained from using the dark theme to see how well the battery does. And my wallpaper is the default never settle wallpaper. And no, it doesn't come pre-rooted.

Reactions: Doc Moody

Doc Moody

Dec 30, 2013
Nope. Actually refrained from using the dark theme to see how well the battery does. And my wallpaper is the default never settle wallpaper. And no, it doesn't come pre-rooted.
Thanks for the info. Rooting that thing shouldn't be too hard anyway. Wonder how much battery you can sqeeze out with a dark theme / wallpaper? Haven't used an oled screen in years, though. Even more tempted now.

ftarsj

Dec 8, 2015
Mumbai
Time on: 7h 2m 41s
Computer power use: 534 mAh
I'll PM the Droplr link for the battery stats and SoT screens

I've using the following:
Dark Mode active throughout
Night Mode active throughout :D [ I REALLY REALLY LOVED IT, so I keep it on all the time.]
Apps used - Gmail, Excel, Word, Dropbox, Apple Music, Pocketcasts, Fenix, Messenger and Whatsapp.
Data usage is split over LTE and WiFi.
Battery was at 5% as I post this

If there is any other stat you'd like to see let me know :D

McDaddy9

Dec 24, 2015
I'm getting exactly 5 hrs of sit for the last 2 charge cycles. Completely on wifi. No sim cards for now and moderate usage with low to no gaming.