Screen on time

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
It's amazing how much we actually use our phones in a given day, especially when we watch "videos"! Rate this thread to express how many hours of screen-on time you can get on the OnePlus 5T before depleting the battery.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

Reactions: padsad

l0veysingh

Mar 25, 2011
I booked my Oneplus 5t at 21st November and got it in my hands next day.... Thanks to Amazon for awesome and so fast delivery in India..... My 22nd November just passed with copying all the stuff from my old 3T and 23 morning I start my day with my new beast..... Really its beast man.... Lot of whatsapp... Facebook. Chrome.... Little YouTube.... Insta... And installing lots of apps.....here you can see the sot

Edit.. Afterall in first battery cycle 6hr SOT achieved

Attachments

Last edited:

MazeHei

Oct 30, 2015
Now had my first Cycle. For that big screen it's more than good. In Comparison to Op5 and Nexus 6p you can see the difference Qhd on Nexus to FullHD on Op5 a day FullHD+ on Op5t. For all the people who want more Resolution inxmy opinion FullHD+ is best choice because it needs less battery and I can not see any Pixels on that great Samsung panels

I got 6 and 51 minutes SOT

Attachments

zeeshanonlyme

Dec 1, 2010
Kolkata
I request the OP to edit his first post and tell the users to charge phone till 100% and let it discharge under 10% before posting SOTs without charging in between for the most accurate result.

I had the pleasure of using the OP5 before getting the OP5T and i feel OP5 battery drain was lesser as compared to the T. This is not to say that OP5T has a bad battery life but i was able to get 7.5-8 hrs on OP5 on moderate use with 5-8% remaining. On the T i get around 6-6.5 hrs which is decent. Maybe after a few cycles it might improve.

MazeHei

Oct 30, 2015
I request the OP to edit his first post and tell the users to charge phone till 100% and let it discharge under 10% before posting SOTs without charging in between for the most accurate result.

I had the pleasure of using the OP5 before getting the OP5T and i feel OP5 battery drain was lesser as compared to the T. This is not to say that OP5T has a bad battery life but i was able to get 7.5-8 hrs on OP5 on moderate use with 5-8% remaining. On the T i get around 6-6.5 hrs which is decent. Maybe after a few cycles it might improve.
Easy answer: smaller Screen means less power consumption. Amoled 5.5 inch vs 6
Wait for updates they will improve bugs for more battery life I think.