Screen on time

Search This thread

selferng

Dec 12, 2011
Got even less yesterday, around 7h sot...

In power consumption ranking:
Android system is at 20% awake status 24min but Chrome is first with 24%?

That seems too high... I'll try your method tomorrow and report back.

Edit: android system now at 31%? Hmm..

Edit2: chrome uninstalled, android system at 41%!? Don't know wtf is going on..

I think some services never stop. I strongly suggest that remove the bloated apps from vivo. Refer to the other thread. Removing bloated softwares without root. Give it a try bro

Reactions: Number 8

selferng

Dec 12, 2011
arg... the battery drain is back for no reason. tried to uninstall everything but still the same... dont know what the heck happened gg

loudog3114

Mar 1, 2007
Add a setting widget for battery and you will get the traditional android battery screen, including SOT.

selferng

Dec 12, 2011
installed better battery stats and check what is going on.... wish me luck lol....

i think i have found the root cause of the drain.. is pretty dumb actually.

edit 1:
the drain occur after you snooze the alarm clock example 5 mins later. 5mins later the alarm clock will trigger again. after this event, phone will never deep sleep anymore and causes drain 3-4% per hour. how to reset this? simply close all the alarm and reopen back... phone can go back to deep sleep. gg...

edit2:
after fix the issue, full day 4g data and gaming 3hours plus and surfing net ~ SOT around 7.5hours. will monitor one more day and report back :). need few more cycles to get a more accurate SOT.
believe can reach close to 10 - 12 hours if purely wifi

Last edited:

Raghunandan24

Sep 27, 2018
Hi Guys.... Intinally I had no complaints about the battery life of this phone because I was coming from a moto x style that I had to charge thrice a day to just keep it alive... But after seeing this thread and checking SoT after a full charge to 0... I should say I am deeply disappointed... I got only 5.5 hrs of SoT... I use chrome (4%) and leave it in the recent apps with 5 to 6 tabs always open... Also phone idle 15% and android system 10% are the top 2 and 3 after screen which is 20%... Should I be worried...?? I cannot do a factory reset... Any suggestions...

Last edited:

selferng

Dec 12, 2011
Hi Guys.... Intinally I had no complaints about the battery life of this phone because I was coming from a moto x style that I had to charge thrice a day to just keep it alive... But after seeing this thread and checking SoT after a full charge to 0... I should say I am deeply disappointed... I got only 5.5 hrs of SoT... I use chrome (4%) and leave it in the recent apps with 5 to 6 tabs always open... Also phone idle 15% and android system 10% are the top 2 and 3 after screen which is 20%... Should I be worried...?? I cannot do a factory reset... Any suggestions...

i bet you have your facebook app installed correct? latest version fb keeping phone awake for some reason. i knew about it because of BBS apps.
uninstall it or install older version should be fine :)

Raghunandan24

Sep 27, 2018
Thanks for your reply... I don't have Facebook app installed... I don't even use it on chrome....

I am trying to put up a screenshot but I am unable to ..

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

i bet you have your facebook app installed correct? latest version fb keeping phone awake for some reason. i knew about it because of BBS apps.
uninstall it or install older version should be fine :)
Thanks for your reply... I don't have Facebook app installed... I don't even use it on chrome....

selferng

Dec 12, 2011
[/COLOR]

hmm... we cant really help without any info. i suggest you to spend few bucks on Better battery stats apps. read thru their forum in XDA.
we need to find the culprit of the drain issue and attack from there

DrG0nz0

Jun 20, 2018

Wich version are u running? For me the latest update helped a lot on battery related problems.

ruk21201

Jun 3, 2017
Just got mine today I'm well please

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180929_021223.jpg
    Screenshot_20180929_021223.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 356

chudybws

May 10, 2017
Two days from recharging, including a dozen or so hours of data packet included (a lot of draws even when the screen is off). Screenshot_20180930_153928.jpeg

Sent from my Vivo Nex S using Tapatalk

ruk21201

Jun 3, 2017
4th day using this beast of a phone and I'm impressed :cool:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181003_000832.jpg
    Screenshot_20181003_000832.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 307

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

go to nova settings - gestures - choose ur gesture - then press shortcuts - then Activities - then find settings activity - battery usage fuel something like that hit that done!
    Thread cleaned.

Enough with the bickering, XDA is not a place for this. You all have to follow the Forum Rules, mainly this one here below:

2. Member conduct.

2.1 Language: XDA is a worldwide community. As a result, what may be OK to say in your part of the world, may not be OK elsewhere. Please don't direct profanity, sexually explicit language or other offensive content toward Members or their work. Conversely, while reading posts from other members, remember that the word you find offensive may not be offensive to the writer. Tolerance is a two-way street.
    2.3 Flaming / Lack of respect: XDA is about sharing and this does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) or rudeness. Flaming or posting with a lack of respect is unacceptable. Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.

2.4 Personal attacks, racial, political and / or religious discussions: XDA is a discussion forum about certain mobile phones. Mobile phones are not racial, political, religious or personally offensive and therefore, none of these types of discussions are permitted on XDA.

2.5 All members are expected to read and adhere to the XDA rules.

Saying someone to stop whining, calling someone an a-hole or such is not welcome on XDA. Please stay civil any time or don't post at all.

Thanks

Wood Man
    Senior Moderator
    Amazfit Pace connected 24/7.

I sorry for my English, I use Google Translate.
    Less than 1% per hour with BT connected is very good.
    In phone settings; Erase all data + format phone storage?

Yup you are right!
    My battery so far..