Screen on time

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
It's amazing how much we actually use our phones in a given day, especially when we watch "videos"! Rate this thread to express how many hours of screen-on time you can get on the Samsung Galaxy S10 before depleting the battery.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

Cool Person

Jan 26, 2017
It was near half for majority of the day. Plugged it in at 20% and my stats were 16hrs 40mins usage and a SOT of 7hrs 45mins.
Near 50% is enough for the Eyes Specially While browsing using One ui and gaming to save power.
I see no Reason to complain.
I don't think the battery tech can improve any better.

So I am not sure why you complain about Android Hog.
If you pull 16 Hours with about 7 Hours SOT then your Phone is Fine standby wise.

Govinda_R98

Mar 1, 2019
Near 50% is enough for the Eyes Specially While browsing using One ui and gaming to save power.
I see no Reason to complain.
I don't think the battery tech can improve any better.

So I am not sure why you complain about Android Hog.
If you pull 16 Hours with about 7 Hours SOT then your Phone is Fine standby wise.
That's good to hear, I was curious about how much it should use since this is my first time back on Android in about 4 years.

Alhasan88

Dec 23, 2017
I think it's because you're using LTE.
Previously i had note 8 which has battery size 3300mAh and it last longer with more extreme usage LTE anabled all the time compare to NOW S10 with bigger 3400mAh it drain battery so fast

I had even brightness set to below half and still draining

Am i missing something here guys please do let me know with some tips

Thanks

Ace42

Jul 20, 2009
New York
Previously i had note 8 which has battery size 3300mAh and it last longer with more extreme usage LTE anabled all the time compare to NOW S10 with bigger 3400mAh it drain battery so fast

I had even brightness set to below half and still draining

Am i missing something here guys please do let me know with some tips

Thanks
Are you using Exynos?

Snapdragon
S10 or Plus...?

Reactions: fkloznica

mtm1401

Apr 10, 2018
Im using S10 Exynos
Well there haven't been any in depth tests done yet but last year the exynos chip (s9/ note 9) was a complete trainwreck in regards to performance/ battery life. Was sort of hoping that the battery life would be better this year.

That said it's impossible to compare like for like on here so the difference could just be down to usage patterns

Last edited: