Screen on time

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
It's amazing how much we actually use our phones in a given day, especially when we watch "videos"! Rate this thread to express how many hours of screen-on time you can get on the OnePlus 7 before depleting the battery.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

Reactions: Harsh0826

11prathmesh

Mar 15, 2014
Hyderabad
I managed to get screen on time of 7Hrs on the first full charge to discharge cycle with moderate usage including browsing, YouTube, navigation, music and lot of gps usage and app downloads/setup. I think battery will stabilize after 3-4 cycles and get better results.

Lolakis13

Feb 14, 2016
How did you manage something like this one? I believe something wrong is going on with my battery.

Firstly the graph does not seem to work properly. I will attach a photo of that ...

Also in my first boot I think with 50% I got 4 hours of SoT . Then my phone turn down at 0% and I charged it up to 100% for some hours while the phone was turned off. After the boot up I believe the battery is worst . Can somebody suggest something?

Maybe a calibration problem? The graph is always of that straight white line and does not change at all as Ive seen in yours graphs .

Attachments

Last edited:

11prathmesh

Mar 15, 2014
Hyderabad
How did you manage something like this one? I believe something wrong is going on with my battery.

Firstly the graph does not seem to work properly. I will attach a photo of that ...

Also in my first boot I think with 50% I got 4 hours of SoT . Then my phone turn down at 0% and I charged it up to 100% for some hours while the phone was turned off. After the boot up I believe the battery is worst . Can somebody suggest something?

Maybe a calibration problem? The graph is always of that straight white line and does not change at all as Ive seen in yours graphs .
Did you charge your battery to 100% ?? If not , charge it to 100 so it will reset the stats. It looks like a glitch to me. Also make sure you're always on the latest build of the OOS.

Lolakis13

Feb 14, 2016
Did you charge your battery to 100% ?? If not , charge it to 100 so it will reset the stats. It looks like a glitch to me. Also make sure you're always on the latest build of the OOS.
Yeah I've done both. I did a factory reset through recovery and the graph seems to work well now. I'll give it a week to see if the drain of the battery is normal and I'll write back then

11prathmesh

Mar 15, 2014
Hyderabad
They use a lot of youtube and youtube + amoled means sick SOT but have nothing to do with real life
More YouTube gives more SOT agreed. But that's how many of us use the phone. Watching videos. For heavy YouTube usage 7Hrs SOT I would say is normal, 8+ is definitely good. Perhaps someone who doesn't use YouTube much has to put his results here in the thread for our better understanding.

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

How? I'm getting only about 6h sot?
Why not put some screenshots of App usage here ?