• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Screen on time

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
It's amazing how much we actually use our phones in a given day, especially when we watch "videos"! Rate this thread to express how many hours of screen-on time you can get on the ASUS ZenFone 6 (2019) before depleting the battery.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

SantinoInc

Jun 19, 2010
NYC
I'm expecting this phone to thrive in this category. The screen isn't some crazy 4K resolution and combine that with the 5000 mAh battery and we should have great SOT.

I have a bad itch to get a new phone and am tempted to get the OnePlus 7 Pro but I hear the 90hz refresh rate and fancy new screen are killing SOT

cisco kidd

Feb 26, 2013
I'm expecting this phone to thrive in this category. The screen isn't some crazy 4K resolution and combine that with the 5000 mAh battery and we should have great SOT.

I have a bad itch to get a new phone and am tempted to get the OnePlus 7 Pro but I hear the 90hz refresh rate and fancy new screen are killing SOT

There is a good review on youtube user name "Geekyranjit" He talks about the cons but says SOT is average gettting 4.5-6, he felt dropping the panel down to 60hz did not boost it enough. His biggest con he felt is that it is just really big, not balanced real well and it is heavy at over 200g. The Asus is a little smaller at 6.4 vs 6.67. I am just dying to order a new phone and replace the G7 ThinQ I am using that I got dirt cheap because of a cracked back glass corner but I have it in a Spigen so who cares.

I feel I should wait to see the Asus release and price in US as it may be what i go for. My concern is Asus updates but it will have an active ROM community I imagine

leiros

Aug 21, 2010
Oslo
There is a good review on youtube user name "Geekyranjit" He talks about the cons but says SOT is average gettting 4.5-6, he felt dropping the panel down to 60hz did not boost it enough. His biggest con he felt is that it is just really big, not balanced real well and it is heavy at over 200g. The Asus is a little smaller at 6.4 vs 6.67. I am just dying to order a new phone and replace the G7 ThinQ I am using that I got dirt cheap because of a cracked back glass corner but I have it in a Spigen so who cares.

I feel I should wait to see the Asus release and price in US as it may be what i go for. My concern is Asus updates but it will have an active ROM community I imagine

I saw an other reviewer on youtube with 75% battery remaining and around 3 hours of screen-on-time.

erio82

Mar 16, 2009
I come from an LG G6, our phones are great (it's the phone I've kept for longer, at 1.5 years), but the battery, AY the battery... Can't wait to see the results of the ultraWide camera pics... If they look just as decent as LG's, if not better, I'll get it too... :D

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

I saw an other reviewer on youtube with 75% battery remaining and around 3 hours of screen-on-time.

Don't play with my feelings, please ? I'm used to get around that somedays with 100% of the battery... Can't wait to see people talking with their own experiences...

cisco kidd

Feb 26, 2013
I come from an LG G6, our phones are great (it's the phone I've kept for longer, at 1.5 years), but the battery, AY the battery... Can't wait to see the results of the ultraWide camera pics... If they look just as decent as LG's, if not better, I'll get it too... :D

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

Don't play with my feelings, please I'm used to get around that somedays with 100% of the battery... Can't wait to see people talking with their own experiences...

I found the LG G6 was just horrible overall and its battery life was garbage. I now have a G7 ThinQ and I have to say I will not buy another LG phone again. Prior to the G7 I tried HTC U11, P10 Plus and Essential PH1, that is the phone I regret selling , it was excellent , even the camera w the google cam port was decent but the overall aspects of the phone were very good

I wish Asus would release in US sooner

Reactions: luiscuellar123

Twotems

Feb 7, 2014
Vivo Nex
Whoever is going to post SOT, do not forget to mention screen resolution used, "tweaks" and "measures" taken in settings etc. Also show full screenshots. Thanks.
7 nm SoC coupled with a mostrous battery, it is expected to deliver great, great battyerylife.
Chigztech on YouTube posted 9hrs 12mins sot with 6% remaining. I don't know if it was wifi or mobile but the Nex S exceeds those numbers with 1,000mah less. My best so far, mostly on wifi, has been 9hrs 4mins with 14% remaining and a new update a few days ago looks like it can approach 11 hours sot.

Liscon19

May 27, 2019
Wow not a lot of good to be said for the display.

This is a bit of a let down and is now making me re-consider this as a purchase, I watch a lot of YouTube so a decent display is kinda required.

Ah well...

May 23, 2019

Not sure if this has already been posted.

That Pixel 3a time was a surprise. Goes to show those who don't need a top-end chipset may be better saving the cash and enjoying the efficiency of mid-tier chips like the SD 6xx. Zenfone 6 does look fantastic for battery time, but not getting quite the 20% extra time from the 20% bigger battery, even against the 90hz OnePlus 7 Pro. Hope some software adjustments can be made to further improve it, because it's great, but not as good as expected when compared to others.

acrosstheline

May 30, 2019
That Pixel 3a time was a surprise. Goes to show those who don't need a top-end chipset may be better saving the cash and enjoying the efficiency of mid-tier chips like the SD 6xx. Zenfone 6 does look fantastic for battery time, but not getting quite the 20% extra time from the 20% bigger battery, even against the 90hz OnePlus 7 Pro. Hope some software adjustments can be made to further improve it, because it's great, but not as good as expected when compared to others.
It lasts 30% longer than the 7 pro. And 20% more than the regular 7. Seems pretty good to me for an lcd display against oleds in a test that includes a bunch of video playback.

Last edited:

subhani

Dec 9, 2010
It lasts 30% longer than the 7 pro. And 20% more than the regular 7. Seems pretty good to me for an lcd display against oleds in a test that includes a bunch of video playback.

Indeed. GSMarena confirmed that in the browsing test and or in the talktime test, the ZenFone outlasted the others by a huge margin.

But how did you get 30% more? It was almost exactly 20% more than the 7 pro.

Last edited:

abprie

Apr 19, 2009
As a quick info: during setup of the phone, I lost around 25% over 10 hours with around 4 hours SOT. let's see how this settles during normal usage.

Edit: after day 1 and my regular usage pattern, I lost about 20%. This is about on par with the Lenovo P2. I will still have to see if a longer screen usage drains more (I suspect this due to the LCD instead of the AMOLED). Will report this later...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As a quick info: during setup of the phone, I lost around 25% over 10 hours with around 4 hours SOT. let's see how this settles during normal usage.

Edit: after day 1 and my regular usage pattern, I lost about 20%. This is about on par with the Lenovo P2. I will still have to see if a longer screen usage drains more (I suspect this due to the LCD instead of the AMOLED). Will report this later...
    i've bought it yesterday, on monday i will do a full 4G day starting from 7am and till 18pm all without wifi, italy here...
    Anyone already played Pokémon Go on Zenfone 6?

If so, how is the battery life and all the other things? Any issue?

Very good battery life on Pokemon GO ! :)
    Don't worry !
    Around 15% per hour of gaming (pkmon go)
    Please tell the secret

Secret???

Its the biggest battery so it lasts longer.

General tips for asus:
    Use auto start manager to allow required apps only to start automatically
    Use optiflex to avoid reloading of apps which you use most (many a times app shuts and restarts consume more power than app keep on running)
    Use GPS/Bluetooth/Mobile data only when needed and keep it off.
    Use lite apps for fb/twitter
    ~10 hours LTE, Netflix and spotify on headphones and approx 30 minutes on speakers.