Screen on time

lefti696

Dec 20, 2008
yup, cant see either SOT from disconnecting phone from charger. Only divided by days. Looks like UI2.0 prevented people from reporting their sot times :) no reporting, no problem, smart move samsung :)

Reactions: Paninno12

MatroxD

Feb 17, 2013
yup, cant see either SOT from disconnecting phone from charger. Only divided by days. Looks like UI2.0 prevented people from reporting their sot times :) no reporting, no problem, smart move samsung :)
Hmmmnnn. Never write thought of it in the fashion related to some of the complaints and comparisons within this thread, but your right.. But on the flip side, it also hurts people like myself and countless others that just found it fun and a challenge to get better battery life out of our devices over the years.

Oh well, can only hope they "realize" to not let the negative outweigh the positive. I'd that was one of the reasons for the removal.

ca12bon

Mar 15, 2012
New Castle
It doesn't show anything close to inferiority. It basically shows that if you don't want the note, then 3 things: don't buy it, don't complain if you buy it, and 3 don't bombard others that don't either want to see, or care whatsoever about another brand device comparison. The forum is objective to talk about SOT about NOTE devices.

There are tons of devices that may or may not have a better or worse battery life. But who really cares. I have a note, I've had notes for years. I can easily say what a p30,40,50, pixel, iPhone, etc cannot do that the note can(that's any phone on the market honestly), so droning on and on, and on about this that the note is supposedly inferior, I personally say it's the user, with the exception of an exynos device. That's my take. If I can get 8,9,10 hours of SOT, great(which I always can), and someone else can't, that's fine. But don't complain, because its just you may not honestly know how to get those times.

But im not going to go on a Motorola forum because I've had Motorola devices and say "hey, I have a note, the battery life is better than my Motorola, and I have the s pen, so Motorola's are inferior". Same thing is applicable to that p30 or whatever. It doesn't have a pen, so a battery is a small factor in a total picture(of a note). If the battery is that bad for you, go back to that device. That's just kinda self serving and antagonistic, besides being completely unhelpful to other note users. This is a note forum, for note users to be objective about notes..

So no, it's not objective to talk about Huawei to the note. If nothing else, compare apple's to apple's. Do they have the same exact battery cell used in both devices, I'm sure they don't. Do both devices have the same types of things going on in both the background and foreground, the deliberately do not, because they are two completely different purposed devices. And thinking on it more, as I write this, I, using my common sense factor, would never expect the two devices to have similar battery lives, simply because one is a phone(no more), and the other is a mini computer, that happens to be able to make phone calls. Why not go to an apple forum and compare one straight up phone to another straight up phone. That is more logical and direct comparison.

It's not superior, it just doesn't do as much, even when sitting idle. Doesn't take rocket science to see and know that. And the fact that the notes can get similar battery lives, shows it's superiority if anything, as it's a much more complex device. And that others agree with you, doesn't say much besides they don't see the big picture either.. But even barring that, this is a note forum about note battery life compared to note battery life..

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
You have to calm down bro, comparisons are going to be made and from what see, they're not bashing on the note, just saying that there are battery / SOT differences. If you have owned 2 different cars at one point, and one is *considerably* less reliable, or gets much worse gas mileage, etc... then of course you're going to compare them. This is more so when it is a flagship model. Comparisons can be made in almost anything, and I just find it funny you're telling those people to stop comparing them. I think it's some sort of inferiority complex knowing you bought a $1000+ phone that doesn't even last 1 day on a full charge.

MatroxD

Feb 17, 2013
Mine lasts(and previous versions back to I think the 3) easily a day and this one lasts almost 2 days(in other words: I've got mine, you better get yours). So what in God's backwards day are you assuming incorrectly and talking about sis..

Don't get it twisted, I know what im doing, and have for a long time with notes(once again, I've had every note except the 9, and they all performed for me). So your barking up the wrong tree.

For me, it would be senseless and desperate(just like trolling and cheese with that wine, if i didn't have that device any longer) to pay over a grand on a device if i couldn't get my use out of it. Maybe someone else would and will, but not here.

Like I said, I'm just not that strapped, pressed, thirsty, whatever you want to call it, to buy something and then cry a river over it. Im just not that, as I would say "incompetent" with my tech..

Any further questions, check just a few of my past battery posts.. Your welcome..

And I wouldn't compare 2 cars unless they are identical, with the same parameters, e.t.c. Even then, that's a senseless process/comparison, when you factor in simple things such as horsepower, weight, and even factoring in something basic as compression. Maybe it's easy to oversimplify to some, what is not simple, but I'm not that naive or as I said, technologically challenged.. Like.. Yeah dude, my explorer or mustang sucks because it doesn't get as good gas mileage as my focus... d'oh....

Sorry to not calm down... BRO...

Last edited:

junejo46726

Feb 1, 2015
Sukkur
Mine lasts(and previous versions back to I think the 3) easily a day and this one lasts almost 2 days(in other words: I've got mine, you better get yours). So what in God's backwards day are you assuming incorrectly and talking about sis..

Don't get it twisted, I know what im doing, and have for a long time with notes(once again, I've had every note except the 9, and they all performed for me). So your barking up the wrong tree.

For me, it would be senseless and desperate(just like trolling and cheese with that wine, if i didn't have that device any longer) to pay over a grand on a device if i couldn't get my use out of it. Maybe someone else would and will, but not here.

Like I said, I'm just not that strapped, pressed, thirsty, whatever you want to call it, to buy something and then cry a river over it. Im just not that, as I would say "incompetent" with my tech..

Any further questions, check just a few of my past battery posts.. Your welcome..

And I wouldn't compare 2 cars unless they are identical, with the same parameters, e.t.c. Even then, that's a senseless process/comparison, when you factor in simple things such as horsepower, weight, and even factoring in something basic as compression. Maybe it's easy to oversimplify to some, what is not simple, but I'm not that naive or as I said, technologically challenged.. Like.. Yeah dude, my explorer or mustang sucks because it doesn't get as good gas mileage as my focus... d'oh....

Sorry to not calm down... BRO...
bro i cant understand above discussion

mookiexl

Mar 17, 2011
---------- Post added at 06:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
It doesn't show anything close to inferiority. It basically shows that if you don't want the note, then 3 things: don't buy it, don't complain if you buy it, and 3 don't bombard others that don't either want to see, or care whatsoever about another brand device comparison. The forum is objective to talk about SOT about NOTE devices.

There are tons of devices that may or may not have a better or worse battery life. But who really cares. I have a note, I've had notes for years. I can easily say what a p30,40,50, pixel, iPhone, etc cannot do that the note can(that's any phone on the market honestly), so droning on and on, and on about this that the note is supposedly inferior, I personally say it's the user, with the exception of an exynos device. That's my take. If I can get 8,9,10 hours of SOT, great(which I always can), and someone else can't, that's fine. But don't complain, because its just you may not honestly know how to get those times.

But im not going to go on a Motorola forum because I've had Motorola devices and say "hey, I have a note, the battery life is better than my Motorola, and I have the s pen, so Motorola's are inferior". Same thing is applicable to that p30 or whatever. It doesn't have a pen, so a battery is a small factor in a total picture(of a note). If the battery is that bad for you, go back to that device. That's just kinda self serving and antagonistic, besides being completely unhelpful to other note users. This is a note forum, for note users to be objective about notes..

So no, it's not objective to talk about Huawei to the note. If nothing else, compare apple's to apple's. Do they have the same exact battery cell used in both devices, I'm sure they don't. Do both devices have the same types of things going on in both the background and foreground, the deliberately do not, because they are two completely different purposed devices. And thinking on it more, as I write this, I, using my common sense factor, would never expect the two devices to have similar battery lives, simply because one is a phone(no more), and the other is a mini computer, that happens to be able to make phone calls. Why not go to an apple forum and compare one straight up phone to another straight up phone. That is more logical and direct comparison.

It's not superior, it just doesn't do as much, even when sitting idle. Doesn't take rocket science to see and know that. And the fact that the notes can get similar battery lives, shows it's superiority if anything, as it's a much more complex device. And that others agree with you, doesn't say much besides they don't see the big picture either.. But even barring that, this is a note forum about note battery life compared to note battery life..

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Senior Member837 postsThanks: 304

What a monologue! Wow and I agree with most of what you said except the part about the thread should be for note users comparing note battery. I'm here because I can get a note 10+ for a sweet bargain and am trying to figure out is it worth it and battery life can help me make my decision. Currently I'm using a OnePlus 7pro and 7hrs Sot is normal even at 90hz and have even went up as far as 10hrs SOT. I average 8hrs SOT with my Z2 force, Essential, and about 7hrs Sot on my Pixel 2xl. I'm willing to trade some SOT for note features because I have been and deep down will always be a note guy but these post of 5hr SOT are disheartening.

Bombaykeeda

May 6, 2019
Got my Note 10 +, Exynos yesterday. Today got OST of around 6 Hrs with 10% battery left. have disabled more or less all the background activities.

Any tips would be appreciated to improve battery stat.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Bombaykeeda

May 6, 2019
Best tip is to change it for snapdragon version [emoji2960][emoji56]

Sent from my SM-N9860 using Tapatalk
Unfortunately Snapdragon isn't available in India, so no other option. Would have preferred Snapdragon any day.

Currently at 4.30 hours of OST with 28% battery remaining (Unable to upload picture).

Proday

Sep 19, 2010
It is not available in Europe too but when there is a wisch, everything is possible (snapdragon note 20 here) [emoji6]

Bombaykeeda

May 6, 2019
It is not available in Europe too but when there is a wisch, everything is possible (snapdragon note 20 here) [emoji6]

Nice. Don't know if theres any way for me to get it. How's the Note 20 with Snapdragon? How much OST you're getting?

Bombaykeeda

May 6, 2019
7+ hours in most cases. My friends with exynos are desperate [emoji2960]

Yup, everyone with Exynos is desperate. What a machine, shame that in our region samsung giving us Exynos. For a moment I thought about buying S10 Lite as it comes with Snapdragon 855.

Proday

Sep 19, 2010
Yeah...i sold s10 light yesterday... endurance king, trust me [emoji772][emoji146]

robberviet

Sep 4, 2011
I was happy with my Note 10 until recently I use double SIM card and playing Genshin Impact. I felt the need to double my battery life :\
I am considering to upgrade to next flagship (S21?) if it sounds good.

truemagic

Oct 14, 2009
I was happy with my Note 10 until recently I use double SIM card and playing Genshin Impact. I felt the need to double my battery life :\
I am considering to upgrade to next flagship (S21?) if it sounds good.
if u play Genshin impact better go for Rog 3. Thank me later :)