• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

Screen on time

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
It's amazing how much we actually use our phones in a given day, especially when we watch "videos"! Rate this thread to express how many hours of screen-on time you can get on the before depleting the battery.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

Reactions: otrobruno

crusht

Jul 4, 2017
I agree it won't get that much in real life. I am curious however how the SOT will be for people that will not use the radar, no AOD and possibly even no face unlock, stay on 60hz and just want a great camera, good speed and latest assistant and have the best Google ecosystem experience. I am that kind of user.

I looked at the 3axl but it is noticeably slow and I need a fast phone for different work needs.

ZeroKool76

Oct 21, 2014
I agree it won't get that much in real life. I am curious however how the SOT will be for people that will not use the radar, no AOD and possibly even no face unlock, stay on 60hz and just want a great camera, good speed and latest assistant and have the best Google ecosystem experience. I am that kind of user.

I looked at the 3axl but it is noticeably slow and I need a fast phone for different work needs.
no doubt, those conditions that you just stated should save a substantial amount of battery life. My 6T is 3700mah and I get around 6-8hrs sot(depending on usage) no reason to think the pixel can't achieve that with superior software.

Reactions: JellyPuddie

PuffinNugz

Aug 3, 2010
Indy
Got the phone yesterday, charged all the way up before turning on at about 5pm. Went to bed about midnight. Galaxy S2 watch connected around 7 pm. Did setup, some netflix, and typical messing around with a new phone. Didn't screen shot it, but when I was going to bed last night, I had 4h03M SOT with 47% left. I don't expect it to translate to 7hrs or anything, but it seems better than my previous Note 9 and S8+.

Badger50

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Feb 27, 2011
Kansas City
Got the phone yesterday, charged all the way up before turning on at about 5pm. Went to bed about midnight. Galaxy S2 watch connected around 7 pm. Did setup, some netflix, and typical messing around with a new phone. Didn't screen shot it, but when I was going to bed last night, I had 4h03M SOT with 47% left. I don't expect it to translate to 7hrs or anything, but it seems better than my previous Note 9 and S8+.
Roger that on the N9! My wife's N9 looses a minimum of 10% overnight at idle. Shoot, my Chevy suburban with 6 people going uphill at 75mph gets better mileage! ???

pkmoazzam

Dec 31, 2008
San Diego
The battery is not that bad... here are my screenshots. I am not a gaming person but I usually was surfing the internet, Facebook, etc... and use message app and did use the camera. I turned motion sense off since I am Deaf so I can't hear the music and my hands are getting tired from wave and wave.

sorry for bad grammar.

Attachments

cliffr39

Mar 28, 2006
Got my 4XL yesterday and it was at 60% out of the box. I used it like normal and with more than 3hr 30min of screen on-time it was at 24%. I don't think it will be that bad.

Pix4xl

Oct 23, 2019
So I've had the Pixel 4 XL , for 3 full days in the UK now.
Day 1 SOT was 6 hrs 3 mins with 9% left
Day 2 SOT was 6 hrs 15 min with 4 % left
Day 3 SOT is 5 hrs 1 min with 18% left.
The battery is more than adequate. I had the 3 XL which would get a max of just over 4 hours. I'm new.to the forum but I have screenshots as well but don't have a clue how to upload lol. The phone is on 90hz at all times too But most times you can't really tell. It's an amazing phone so fast, the disappointment is video quality again and some of the pic quality is similar levels to 3 XL but I need to fully utilise the camera.

earth86

Nov 30, 2010
I got similar SOT with 6 hr 12 min and 9% battery left. This with using "force" 90hz , 87% brightness , and always on display (thought it was not always on!). Battery is more than adequate for my usage.

Reactions: cliffr39