Screen on time

Search This thread

dangtoi1993

Feb 26, 2016
Very doubtful. Check out my tweaks, they're in one of the battery threads for the 8 pro. Just search for dladz battery, should appear..

It's more than likely apps, but could be other factors.

Don't bother changing the battery, least not yet
i saw your post, but i dont wanna unlock and root my phone.
Last saturday i reflash rom with MSM tool and now i feel the battery life much better.
With 100% -> 5%, some cycle reached 5h-6h SOT, but some cycle reached 8h-9h SOT.
It not stable but mostly better. And it enough for my needed now.

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
i saw your post, but i dont wanna unlock and root my phone.
Last saturday i reflash rom with MSM tool and now i feel the battery life much better.
With 100% -> 5%, some cycle reached 5h-6h SOT, but some cycle reached 8h-9h SOT.
It not stable but mostly better. And it enough for my needed now.
If you've just MSM flashed your phone then you've just created a fresh slate.. Unlocking the bootloader/rooting won't make your battery worse..

A fresh slate would for sure.

dangtoi1993

Feb 26, 2016
@dangtoi1993

Here you go mate.

(ROOT) Android 11 / Latest stock and patched img's / payload dumper / magisk_patched guides

&

(GUIDE) Unlocking bootloader, Rooting - from start to finish UPDATED.

in regards to the bootloader part, avoid the rooting section in that guide, once your bootloader is unlocked you can go to the Root thread.
Thank mate, i feel Android 10 is better so I follow your method to root Android 10 with patched boot.img of myself.
OP is super simple to unlock and root.
after flash elementX kernel, reduce some small core speed, I saw long battery life now.
95% drop 76% with 1h50 SOT to finish install new phone. I'll update soon.

Reactions: dladz

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
Thank mate, i feel Android 10 is better so I follow your method to root Android 10 with patched boot.img of myself.
OP is super simple to unlock and root.
after flash elementX kernel, reduce some small core speed, I saw long battery life now.
95% drop 76% with 1h50 SOT to finish install new phone. I'll update soon.
Nice one.. hit that like button bud 👍

I've found turning off zRAM has helped with performance without any impact on battery, just make sure you close your apps from recents.

Reactions: dangtoi1993

dangtoi1993

Feb 26, 2016
Nice one.. hit that like button bud 👍

I've found turning off zRAM has helped with performance without any impact on battery, just make sure you close your apps from recents.
i was check my battery health with root command, cycle count is 235 and capacity is about 4050mha.
tweak was help but not much, i will replace battery soon and still keep root.

spizzlo

May 23, 2012
Metro Detroit
LG G8
OnePlus 8
@dladz sorry if this has been covered, but my "screen usage since full charge" isn't resetting. I'm guessing it's because I'm not charging all the way to full. My sot here since charging was actually like 5 minutes. Is there a way to make sure it resets? Rebooting seemed to restart it so just do that every time I charge it? I appreciate it and all the time you've taken to help people and the tips. I'm sticking with qhd though lol. I definitely can tell the difference and my sot is still good enough.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220116-195853.jpg
    Screenshot_20220116-195853.jpg
    443.5 KB · Views: 19

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
@dladz sorry if this has been covered, but my "screen usage since full charge" isn't resetting. I'm guessing it's because I'm not charging all the way to full. My sot here since charging was actually like 5 minutes. Is there a way to make sure it resets? Rebooting seemed to restart it so just do that every time I charge it? I appreciate it and all the time you've taken to help people and the tips. I'm sticking with qhd though lol. I definitely can tell the difference and my sot is still good enough.

That's fair enough fella if QHD is for you then go for it.

Just to confirm, you are actually getting it to 100% right? It should reset as soon as you do, only way it wouldn't is if you don't quite reach 100.

I'll be honest I've never actually seen battery stats not reset at 100%

By all accounts getting your phone to 90/95/97 used to allow a reset, I'm not sure why this is, it makes no sense to me, 100 won't quite be the full charge anyway, it'll always be a little under to preserve the lithium.

Reactions: spizzlo

spizzlo

May 23, 2012
Metro Detroit
LG G8
OnePlus 8
That's fair enough fella if QHD is for you then go for it.

Just to confirm, you are actually getting it to 100% right? It should reset as soon as you do, only way it wouldn't is if you don't quite reach 100.

I'll be honest I've never actually seen battery stats not reset at 100%

By all accounts getting your phone to 90/95/97 used to allow a reset, I'm not sure why this is, it makes no sense to me, 100 won't quite be the full charge anyway, it'll always be a little under to preserve the lithium.
I only charge to around 80%. I thought it was best to do that to preserve the battery.

There are some apps like accubattery that will show sot based on the cable being plugged in/unplugged, but I don't want to use it because it's always running.

So I should charge the battery to 100% then? I know it's not actually 100% and they leave room to save the battery, but even still I thought we should only charge to around 80%.

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
I only charge to around 80%. I thought it was best to do that to preserve the battery.

There are some apps like accubattery that will show sot based on the cable being plugged in/unplugged, but I don't want to use it because it's always running.

So I should charge the battery to 100% then? I know it's not actually 100% and they leave room to save the battery, but even still I thought we should only charge to around 80%.
It's up to you mate...I always do, I don't leave it on there for long, so no overcharging.

Reactions: spizzlo

spizzlo

May 23, 2012
Metro Detroit
LG G8
OnePlus 8
No worries mate. All good.

How much sot have you been getting these days?
I don't know if it's totally accurate measuring sot from 80-10% as opposed to starting at 100%, but around 80-10% I'm getting about 6 hours if I'm gaming and/or talking on the phone a lot. And then around 8-9 hours of light usage. That seems crazy to me for using 70% of the battery, but that's what accubattery said. I should have taken screenshots and I uninstalled it now.

Also I just got the phone about a month ago. Used on Swappa but probably not used much because it's in flawless condition. Also factory reset obviously being a new phone for me and not a crazy amount of apps installed yet. That's probably helping.

Have you always run oos? I used to love installing roms but I had two phones in a row that barely had support. I've been to lazy to do it but I feel like I have to install a rom on this thing.

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
I don't know if it's totally accurate measuring sot from 80-10% as opposed to starting at 100%, but around 80-10% I'm getting about 6 hours if I'm gaming and/or talking on the phone a lot. And then around 8-9 hours of light usage. That seems crazy to me for using 70% of the battery, but that's what accubattery said. I should have taken screenshots and I uninstalled it now.

Also I just got the phone about a month ago. Used on Swappa but probably not used much because it's in flawless condition. Also factory reset obviously being a new phone for me and not a crazy amount of apps installed yet. That's probably helping.

Have you always run oos? I used to love installing roms but I had two phones in a row that barely had support. I've been to lazy to do it but I feel like I have to install a rom on this thing.
I used to, currently running Evo X, definitely a better experience. Battery is on par with OOS or better in some circumstances and customisation is really impressive, plus the OOS camera software is installed and working perfectly, if recommend it. I've written a guide on post 76, its in the 8 forum under unified cross development.

7-8 hours is quite decent between 10-80%

Would be interested to see what you get with a full cycle.

My most on this is just shy of 11 hours

OnePlus 5 was 14 hours 47 mins sot

And my p20 pro was 17 hours, light usage whilst in bed playing an old game on pc and using the phone as a guide, I have a leaderboard thread in the OnePlus 5 forum that has all the proof and apps used for each person on it

spizzlo

May 23, 2012
Metro Detroit
LG G8
OnePlus 8
I used to, currently running Evo X, definitely a better experience. Battery is on par with OOS or better in some circumstances and customisation is really impressive, plus the OOS camera software is installed and working perfectly, if recommend it. I've written a guide on post 76, its in the 8 forum under unified cross development.

7-8 hours is quite decent between 10-80%

Would be interested to see what you get with a full cycle.

My most on this is just shy of 11 hours

OnePlus 5 was 14 hours 47 mins sot

And my p20 pro was 17 hours, light usage whilst in bed playing an old game on pc and using the phone as a guide, I have a leaderboard thread in the OnePlus 5 forum that has all the proof and apps used for each person on it
Ok very cool I'll have to check out Evo X. I thought you were using oos based on the battery page screenshots. Man the P20 sot that's incredible. I'll definitely check out that guid too, thanks 👍

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are you constantly listening to music whilst on several social media platforms? What are the times you're using them platforms for?

Also you don't need QHD, pop it down to FHD.

Check the second post here.

Spotify only when I'm in the car, twitter I'm using all day, but not all the time.
    I made some changes based on the post, ina few days I will return the results here.
    thanks

Edit: some prints after the changes
    Screenshot_2022-04-30-08-38-25-00_0ba066473b79d6e213a1f6f52505e2ee.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-04-30-08-38-27-96_0ba066473b79d6e213a1f6f52505e2ee.jpg
    It's amazing how much we actually use our phones in a given day, especially when we watch "videos"! Rate this thread to express how many hours of screen-on time you can get on the OnePlus 8 Pro before depleting the battery.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
    Hi, here are my stats. Keep in mind I'm always on QHD+ 120Hz with 50-80% brightness and Wi-Fi enabled.

1st charge (16/04): 5h40 (Heavy usage, even got overheating alert during transfer with OnePlus Switch)
    2nd charge (17/04): 7h20 (on fw 10.5.4, which seems to improve the battery), with 5 hours of "Darkness Rises" and 2+ hours of YouTube
    3rd charge (18/04): 7h10, 4+ hours of YouTube, ~2 hours of social apps.

Never got that much with my 7 Pro or my 6T.
    Are you constantly listening to music whilst on several social media platforms? What are the times you're using them platforms for?

Also you don't need QHD, pop it down to FHD.

Check the second post here.

Spotify only when I'm in the car, twitter I'm using all day, but not all the time.
    I made some changes based on the post, ina few days I will return the results here.
    thanks

Edit: some prints after the changes
    Screenshot_2022-04-30-08-38-25-00_0ba066473b79d6e213a1f6f52505e2ee.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-04-30-08-38-27-96_0ba066473b79d6e213a1f6f52505e2ee.jpg
    4h15 with 120hz qhd quite heavy usage alot of gaming installing apps. And Twitter
    IN2020, 10.5.10, Full-HD @ 120Hz, All Networks ON, Root, Custom Kernel and many system tweaks.

Mostly watching (or letting play) Blu-Ray rips, reading Google News, browsing the web, some Facebook.

11 hours SOT and still 38% battery. Can't manage to 'kill' it... Would probably reach 17-18 hours on a full charge with this 'light use', impressive, I love that phone!