I have the exynos version. Happy with the battery backup

Attachments

• IMG_20200923_113825_293.jpg
    IMG_20200923_113825_293.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 797

gloege

Jun 12, 2015
SNAP DRAGON HERE...
odd... i have my theory. either they screwed up some phones or have binning issues or with so many android updates there is an app that is not optimized for android 10, because with my usage i get anywhere from 8 to near 10 hours. but i turn off my data when not using it. and since my screen is breaking in i can turn down the brightness. the screen flicker is not as bad as it used to be. i hope it gets better the more it breaks in.

my usage on my last 8 and a half hours screen on trip was over 3 and a half days.
i burn in idle 4% every about 12 hours
that is with 1 hour on screen listening to 720p youtube music on LDAC codec in highest transfer rate to my sony xb43 with 24 bits
about 3 hours of calls

some more setting up poweramp trying to get the best sound with music going. yes for 3 hours 4 mins with same codec settings to my bluetooth speaker
and 4 hours of dolphin browser

i got apps in deep sleep and sleep
i manually stopped apps from running when i am done, even the bluetooth, even system apps

i have disabled apps
dark mode too

i might have been able to get more out of the battery but i think i have phantom vibrations

MatroxD

Feb 17, 2013
Hmm. I never paid attention to the temps. I guess it's because most of the time(like 95%) I'm in a climate controlled environment. 72 at work, 70 at home(saltwater/ reef tank/ system and tons of lights, so that keeps it warm year around).. Besides that, honestly, no clue. Never even thought of paid attention to it as I mentioned before.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Virgo_Guy

Exynos.
Firmware installed: "N986BXXU1ATI2".

Settings used & measures taken :
Power mode "Optimized", Adaptive power saving OFF, AOD On(tap to show), Adaptive brightness ON , 3 gmail accounts(one is fully in sync except for Google "Drive", others are in sync only for gmails), Onedrive cloud sync ON for camera and screenshots from Gallery, location service ON (Wi-Fi Scanning ON, bluetooth scanning OFF in "improve accuracy"), Dark mode ON round the clock, 59 apps that I rarely use I put into "Sleeping apps", 30 apps that I regularly use I put into "Apps that won't be put to sleep", Motion smoothness at "Adaptive", Find my mobile service is ON, in developer mode "mobile data always active" is OFF, Samsung health service is ON, full Wi-Fi & mobile data network signals, no game playing at all, Edge panel ON, Edge lighting OFF, Video enhancer ON, Dolby Atmos in "Auto", in "motion and gestures" - smart stay, smart alert are ON, rest Off. FB(tweaked within the app to not eat battery a lot, but ofcourse fb being fb-remains hungry always), Insta, Twitter, WhatsApp(dual), Quora used lightly, disabled 4 preinstalled bloatwares.

Note:
(1) Screenshot 1 -->usage while connected to Wi-Fi only.
(2) Screenshot 2 -->usage while connected to mobile data only.
(3) Was on voice call for 41 minutes & 1 hour 18 mins in (1) & (2) respectively.

Attachments

• wifi.jpg
    wifi.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 631
  • mob.jpg
    mob.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 624

itvaletchu

Apr 29, 2014
Espoo
Over 5h screen on time and 61% left. Mainly watching videos only on wifi. 60hz and Exynos here. Idle drain is not good, but battery drain in use seems to be a decent. Only 6,5%/h about.

phsetaknev

Feb 26, 2012
Sydney
Guys!!! This is seriously not good. The battery drain is too much, Im not sure if Im reading the stats incorrectly or something else but the stand by drain is 2% per hour. I killed all the apps, many of them are in deep sleep, I reduced the screen brightness to like 30%. There is some app thats draining it, how can I find out??? Im using the GSAM battery monitor app and in the Android system --> Included packages I see the services like Bixby, ANT etc which I disabled from the Pakcage disabler pro app. I dont understand!

thebiggboss180

Aug 25, 2013
amman
Guys!!! This is seriously not good. The battery drain is too much, Im not sure if Im reading the stats incorrectly or something else but the stand by drain is 2% per hour. I killed all the apps, many of them are in deep sleep, I reduced the screen brightness to like 30%. There is some app thats draining it, how can I find out??? Im using the GSAM battery monitor app and in the Android system --> Included packages I see the services like Bixby, ANT etc which I disabled from the Pakcage disabler pro app. I dont understand!

same as you.. i dont know if its the bad signal reception or just an app.. will try something .

goran90

Sep 14, 2010
Note 20 Ultra 5G Exynos (12GB)

After 5 days of using phone. Only thing i can say, this is crap. I cant get 4 hours of SOT. At using phone, i got up to 41° temperature. I have a backup from note 10+.

I am using 120Hz refresh rate, if i want to use 60hz, then i should stay on note 10+.

Very disapointed, so much money on phone, and cant get 4 hours of SOT.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Btw i am at 20% battery now, 3h27m, as in picture below..

roryh86

Dec 27, 2010
Sitting at 50% now with just over 4 hours SoT. N9860 variant on ATI3 firmware.

Power mode optimised. Adaptive power saving off. Adaptive battery on. Haven't moved any apps into sleep or in deep sleeping.

Took off charger at 100% at 2am. Woke up just before 12pm, was at 95%. 5% in 10 hours standby.

Running at FHD+ 120Hz. WiFi and Bluetooth on.

roryh86

Dec 27, 2010
Just to follow up on my previous post, ended up with 8hrs SoT + 23 hrs standby. Using Snapdragon N9860.
I have to say, stellar battery so far, super impressed.

behemot24

Oct 3, 2010
Go on a trip and take photos and videos without putting your phone on battery saving mode. You will see a stellar maximum 3 hours total battery autonomy :)

Just to follow up on my previous post, ended up with 8hrs SoT + 23 hrs standby. Using Snapdragon N9860.
I have to say, stellar battery so far, super impressed.

roryh86

Dec 27, 2010
Go on a trip and take photos and videos without putting your phone on battery saving mode. You will see a stellar maximum 3 hours total battery autonomy :)

Mine wasn't on power saving and I haven't done any tweaks for apps. Just on default optimized and no adaptive power or deep sleep. I doubt it's gonna go from 31hrs total battery to 3 hours total. I did take photos in that screenshot, but not videos. Camera was on 20min.

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

After 5 days of using phone. Only thing i can say, this is crap. I cant get 4 hours of SOT. At using phone, i got up to 41° temperature. I have a backup from note 10+.

I am using 120Hz refresh rate, if i want to use 60hz, then i should stay on note 10+.

Very disapointed, so much money on phone, and cant get 4 hours of SOT.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Btw i am at 20% battery now, 3h27m, as in picture below..

Almost 15% of your battery is gone on 2 apps that had combined 2 minutes of SoT (ghost+aodnotify). That's a lot of battery drain in background. And that's not even over a full charge as you still had juice in the battery, so it's probably closer to 15-20% if I'm not mistaken.

Not saying that's an excuse but it's a lot. Also, I had the Exynos and switched to Snapdragon, it's a lot better. If you can make the switch I recommend you do. I felt the battery got better on the Exynos though over time, but I in general I'd get around 6hrs SoT with 120Hz. And up to 7.5-8hrs on medium power mode.

Ivosv82

Feb 28, 2008
Guys, all is wireless signal. If you have bad signal no good battery. Good signal - good battery. Turn off 5G for 20% more battery.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

behemot24

Oct 3, 2010
Yep, I also noticed that activating 5G is sucking the power. And also the brightness level: playing with the phone in the bed will give you much more SoT than using in outside on a sunny day.
Guys, all is wireless signal. If you have bad signal no good battery. Good signal - good battery. Turn off 5G for 20% more battery.

behemot24

Oct 3, 2010
I agree with you that Snapdragon is better than Exynos, I've changed it too. Exynos is a pure disaster. Snapdragon behaves reasonably with a few tweaks.
But still: going up in the mountains where the signal is low, having a high brightness level because of the sun, and taking lots of pictures and filming, the battery won't last more than 3 stellar hours. It happened to me last weekend, so it's a fact not a supposition, whether you doubt it or not. And it's a shame for a 1300 USD phone.
Now it looks like your phone behaves better than many others that we can see in this forum. This could be due to:
- Your phone's hardware is better than others, although it's the same model. This would mean that Samsung delivers different phones labeled with the same model number. A very expensive lottery! I use to change my Samsung Note every year to get the latest model, but in this case I wouldn't buy a Samsung phone again in my life.
- You have less applications installed and less accounts to synchronise, better network signal or whatever else different usage conditions. OK, but the battery should last one full day in real life conditions and with no tweaks, no mater how many apps and accounts I have. And it's not the case.

Above all, having to order my phone in China because the European model is a catastrophe tells a lot about how Samsung values its customers worldwide. I only have Samsung phones since the Samsung Galaxy S about 10 years ago, but I'm considering switching to another brand seing that they can't deal with battery issues (don't forget about the Note 7 exploding bombs too...).

I doubt it's gonna go from 31hrs total battery to 3 hours total.

n8beast

Sep 16, 2017
i`m getting awesome battery life on my korean snapdragon version, always around 6-7 hours sot with 120 hz enabled , it gets me troughout the day easily!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those who keep wanting to see proof of someone truly getting good battery life on the phone, see the attached image.

Screen on Time: 6 Hours and 35 minutes
    Total Time: 15 hours and 5 minutes
    - Optimized Battery Mode
    - Brightness: 90% Manual
    - Color Mode: Vivid with color temp set cooler
    - Haptic Touch Enabled
    - Haptic Typing Enabled
    - Always On Display enabled for tap to show
    - Light Theme
    - Ringer/Notification on about 50% Volume
    - Mostly on WiFi during that day.
    - Snapdragon 865+ Global Unlocked Model
    - Phone setup clean with no app backup.
    - Currently on August Security Patch

This day involved no gaming. I don't really game. About 25-30% of that screen on time was watching videos. The other 70-75% was social media, internet browsing, and messaging.

As you can see several settings were turned on and turned nearly to the max. I could likely get 8 hours of Screen On Time over 15 hours with a Dark Theme, and 50% brightness, medium power mode, and all vibrations off.
    For my Snapdragon N20U (yes in Korea we finally get the Snapdragon version!), I'm getting quite horrible battery life, whether it's SOT or heavy usage, or background drain. Now I know that with Samsung phones you need at least 1 week for the phone to learn your habbits and make adjustments, however the difference in SOT and standby drain between my N20U and P30 Pro is too large, even considering the lack of usage learning.

For example, if I use my P30 Pro for an hour to take pictures, browse the web, and listen to some music through bluetooth, it will use around 5%. With my N20U, I'll leave the house with 100%, NOT use the phone at all, have a quick 30 minute lunch, and look at the phone and it will also have lost 5%. SOT is at least for me pretty bad also. Yesterday I left the house at 6:30pm, took some pics (around 20-30), did some light browsing, and when I got back home at around 10pm, my phone was at 25%. I slept at 3am, then woke up at 9:30am, and my phone was at 14%. So yeah... it seems to not be that good :(
    The battery life on this phone is a disaster - today from 7:00 to 13:00 the battery dropped from 100% to 10% :(
    I just hope this happens because of only one application... I will install gsam battery stats and try to find out.
    First full day of usage all under wifi texting, web browsing few calls
    L1 link link
    How do I do the 96hz mod please
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...7&share_fid=3793&share_type=t&link_source=app

Note 20 Ultra has a secret 96hz display refresh rate - Here is how to enable it

Sent from my Gorgeous Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra SM-N985F using Tapatalk
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone