Screen on time

Search This thread

skatopsixos

Mar 23, 2011
I am about to get the Note 20 Ultra Snapdragon, can someone tell me how is battery life with the new UI 3.1 ?

Goku1992

This is mine with powersaver :D
Screenshot_20210402-043930_AnTuTu Benchmark.jpg

Limeybastard

I got 9 hours and 10 minutes of screen on time on my first full charge. Not too bad for only having a 4500mah battery. I have the unlocked US Snapdragon version and I'm using 120hz and leaving it at about 70 percent brightness most of the day.
So in August of 2020 a 4500mAh battery was considered as an "only" in your eyes ? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Limeybastard

Looks ok to me. I'll have to wait for Android 11 to see if it helps to mitigate my current battery drain because of that wakelock.
Looks like android 11 turned the Note 20 into Turd. Battery life in general hasn't been anything to write home about, bearing in mind my device is now a TMO branded device and on my 3rd day of usage. Prior to that it was an Exynos N20U and unlocked USA N20U. But I have debloated as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210528-144528_GSam Battery Monitor Pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20210528-144528_GSam Battery Monitor Pro.jpg
    529.7 KB · Views: 77

Limeybastard

Looks like android 11 turned the Note 20 into Turd. Battery life in general hasn't been anything to write home about, bearing in mind my device is now a TMO branded device and on my 3rd day of usage. Prior to that it was an Exynos N20U and unlocked USA N20U. But I have debloated as well.

Not bad considering TMobile spyware diags is also running. A few more tweaks here and there I should be good to go. I base my SOT generally for battery usage of approx 40%.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210528-200644_GSam Battery Monitor Pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20210528-200644_GSam Battery Monitor Pro.jpg
    392.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot_20210528-193616_GSam Battery Monitor Pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20210528-193616_GSam Battery Monitor Pro.jpg
    490 KB · Views: 85

elmor0

Not bad considering TMobile spyware diags is also running. A few more tweaks here and there I should be good to go. I base my SOT generally for battery usage of approx 40%.
What's your biggest wakelock sucker within Android System?

Attached are my stats.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210529-101908_GSam Battery Monitor Pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20210529-101908_GSam Battery Monitor Pro.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20210529-102004_GSam Battery Monitor Pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20210529-102004_GSam Battery Monitor Pro.jpg
    492.7 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot_20210529-102016_GSam Battery Monitor Pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20210529-102016_GSam Battery Monitor Pro.jpg
    603.8 KB · Views: 68

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those who keep wanting to see proof of someone truly getting good battery life on the phone, see the attached image.

Screen on Time: 6 Hours and 35 minutes
    Total Time: 15 hours and 5 minutes
    - Optimized Battery Mode
    - Brightness: 90% Manual
    - Color Mode: Vivid with color temp set cooler
    - Haptic Touch Enabled
    - Haptic Typing Enabled
    - Always On Display enabled for tap to show
    - Light Theme
    - Ringer/Notification on about 50% Volume
    - Mostly on WiFi during that day.
    - Snapdragon 865+ Global Unlocked Model
    - Phone setup clean with no app backup.
    - Currently on August Security Patch

This day involved no gaming. I don't really game. About 25-30% of that screen on time was watching videos. The other 70-75% was social media, internet browsing, and messaging.

As you can see several settings were turned on and turned nearly to the max. I could likely get 8 hours of Screen On Time over 15 hours with a Dark Theme, and 50% brightness, medium power mode, and all vibrations off.
    For my Snapdragon N20U (yes in Korea we finally get the Snapdragon version!), I'm getting quite horrible battery life, whether it's SOT or heavy usage, or background drain. Now I know that with Samsung phones you need at least 1 week for the phone to learn your habbits and make adjustments, however the difference in SOT and standby drain between my N20U and P30 Pro is too large, even considering the lack of usage learning.

For example, if I use my P30 Pro for an hour to take pictures, browse the web, and listen to some music through bluetooth, it will use around 5%. With my N20U, I'll leave the house with 100%, NOT use the phone at all, have a quick 30 minute lunch, and look at the phone and it will also have lost 5%. SOT is at least for me pretty bad also. Yesterday I left the house at 6:30pm, took some pics (around 20-30), did some light browsing, and when I got back home at around 10pm, my phone was at 25%. I slept at 3am, then woke up at 9:30am, and my phone was at 14%. So yeah... it seems to not be that good :(
    The battery life on this phone is a disaster - today from 7:00 to 13:00 the battery dropped from 100% to 10% :(
    I just hope this happens because of only one application... I will install gsam battery stats and try to find out.
    First full day of usage all under wifi texting, web browsing few calls
    Thanks for the reply. As I said anything above 6 hours of sot is enough for me. I'm not seeking a 2-day one charge device. The s21 has better hardware for sure but I'm still a note fan and the screen on the note 20u is irresistible for me (I hate curved corners lol)
    Your results look perfect for me. Are you using a custom, rooted ROM that allowed you to uninstall the bloatware?
    Nope. Just the preintstalled ROM. I'm getting tired of flashing ROM. Used to do that back in the day of Note 3. Battery life is worse back then. 😄 Whatever apps that can be uninstall, I'll uninstall it. If not I'll just disable it. That's all I did. I believe flashing ROM is a bygone era. With the advancement of chip and battery capacity, we should be able to enjoy the device right out of the box without much worries. But still Same**** managed to fuxked it up big times and charge a premium for nothing. I personally believe the switch from N10+ to N20U is not worth it. Yes curved corner screen is ugly but for the sake of better chip, better display, larger battery, I'll go with S21U. Just add on the Spen if u really need it.